College Football on ESPN+ Tonight!

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Completely outplayed In The second half. But I dont think GC is a bad squad. Maddie Anderson was awesome. And Macy Hodge is fun to watch.
Agreed on all counts. I think GCU is probably going to win a decent amount of games, but I still think that would have been a bad loss and GCU had way too many opportunities to make it a bad loss, at least for my liking. I also have to remind myself that it was over 100 degrees, even at 8 pm Phoenix time and it was game 1, so some sloppiness is to be expected.

We have a world class goalkeeper, no doubt about it. Some of those saves were 17ing beautiful and she kept her composure in some difficult one on one situations. Macey Hodge was all over the field last night and I popped pretty big when she got into it in the first five minutes with the girl from GCU, then Gutierrez ran from across the field and jumped into the fight. I don't know that I've ever seen that in a college women's soccer game. Between the physicality and the arm-sleeve tats, I joked with my wife that we're actually recruiting pretty heavily from the local women's prisons.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Agreed on all counts. I think GCU is probably going to win a decent amount of games, but I still think that would have been a bad loss and GCU had way too many opportunities to make it a bad loss, at least for my liking. I also have to remind myself that it was over 100 degrees, even at 8 pm Phoenix time and it was game 1, so some sloppiness is to be expected.

We have a world class goalkeeper, no doubt about it. Some of those saves were 17ing beautiful and she kept her composure in some difficult one on one situations. Macey Hodge was all over the field last night and I popped pretty big when she got into it in the first five minutes with the girl from GCU, then Gutierrez ran from across the field and jumped into the fight. I don't know that I've ever seen that in a college women's soccer game. Between the physicality and the arm-sleeve tats, I joked with my wife that we're actually recruiting pretty heavily from the local women's prisons.
Glad to see Hodge is back. I thought she was a SR last year. Looks like we’ve got several new players up front & it’s taking a little time for them to jell. Just looking at the roster & returning players, there’s no reason to think this team shouldn’t be as good as or better than last year.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login