College Football Playoff Chaos

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
We just might get the perfect storm when it comes to the CFP to create absolute chaos with several deserving teams left out and the selection committee having to show some real bias.

Picture this
11-1 Bama beats 12-0 UGA in the SECCG
11-1 Texas beats 12-0 Oklahoma in the Big 12
Washington goes unbeaten and wins the PAC 12
Ohio State or Michigan goes unbeaten in the Big 10
FSU goes unbeaten and wins the ACC

Who gets in an who is left out? You could have 7 or 8 teams with legitimate shots at making the field but only 4 spots. This is my dream scenario.

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
In your scenario, I'm fine with:

Texas
Washington
Ohio State or Michigan
FSU

I have no problem with Bama, Georgia, and the rest of the SEC teams that are not MSU being left out.

(And, of course, I know the SEC won't be left out.)

Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I think in your scenario, Washington, Florida State, and the Big Ten champ are 100% in.

Then it comes down to just the final spot, which would be Texas, OU, Bama, UGA, or the Big Ten runner-up. I think you take away the runners-up since their records are all the same, so eliminate, OU, UGA, and the Big Ten runner-up.

Then it comes down to Texas vs Bama. It's going to be hard to overlook that head to head matchup early in the season and Texas is as big of a brand as Bama nationally, so the final spot would be Texas.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
I think in your scenario, Washington, Florida State, and the Big Ten champ are 100% in.

Then it comes down to just the final spot, which would be Texas, OU, Bama, UGA, or the Big Ten runner-up. I think you take away the runners-up since their records are all the same, so eliminate, OU, UGA, and the Big Ten runner-up.

Then it comes down to Texas vs Bama. It's going to be hard to overlook that head to head matchup early in the season and Texas is as big of a brand as Bama nationally, so the final spot would be Texas.
I think it would play out this way as well. Just imagine watching Texas and Bama pleading their cases and the eventual meltdown one fan base has when they are passed over. Oh boy I cannot wait.

Reactions: Dawgg

patdog

May 28, 2007
In that scenario, SEC champ sits this one out. Texas, Washington FSU and Big 10 champ (either undefeated or 1 loss) is your playoff. Sorry Alabama, your loss to TX and LSUs loss to FSU mean you’re in a regular bowl game this time.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
The other scenario that would be equally entertaining is 5 undefeated P5 champs (UGA, UW, OU, FSU, and OSU/Michigan).

Who gets left out in that scenario?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login