College Gameday in Starkville for the LSU game?

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Look at the Week 3 schedule nationally and find me a spot that makes more sense. Seriously. Especially if LSU wins tonight and we handle business against Arizona.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Dark horse pick is Colorado State at Colorado, but ESPN may hold off on featuring CU since they play Oregon and USC the following two weeks.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
College Gameday will never be back in Starkville, ever.

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
I’m afraid this might be the case. Didn’t like the bells.

That can be fixed.

Happy Jonah Hill GIF

Lowdog

Jan 1, 2019
I want SEC Nation. I can personally middle finger salute Paul Finebaum. He has never been kind to State. I know he kneels at Univ. Of Bama alter. The SEC tv would be much better without him and his crazy callers that sound like they just went to laundromat at the trailer park to use the pay phone to call him.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Dark horse pick is Colorado State at Colorado, but ESPN may hold off on featuring CU since they play Oregon and USC the following two weeks.
They're going to feature Colorado early because they need to get in on that story before they inevitably turn into a pumpkin. So don't expect ESPN to wait for a later matchup. They have to strike while the iron is hot.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I’m afraid this might be the case. Didn’t like the bells.
So.... Templeton was right...***

It has been interesting to see how abundant cowbells have become at games with the rule change. I could barely hear the Sweet Dreams song. Anyways.... Back in the 80s/90s cowbells were few. Even for OOC games, when we could have them.

Last edited:

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Thank God. CGD sucks ***. Would that Fox show ever come to Starkville?
No, because they don’t travel to SEC locations since SEC home games aren’t broadcast on Fox. Now, there is a (highly unlikely) chance that a Mississippi State game gets on Fox Big Noon Kickoff, but it would be one of our future road games at Arizona State, Texas Tech, or Minnesota.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Thank God. CGD sucks ***. Would that Fox show ever come to Starkville?
I think they send their pregame show to whatever the Big Noon Kickoff game is that week. Fox has made the noon window their big game of the day and that’s where their pregame show normally goes as well.

Reactions: Dawgg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Where are they this week? That might give a hint. Hauling all that equipment around by truck and trailer. I believe that plays into it.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
They will be at Tuscaloosa this week.

Next week match ups
LSU vs Miss State
GT vs Ole Miss
South Carolina vs GA
Minnesota vs NC
Wash vs the other MSU
Tenn Vs Florida.
BYU vs Arkansas

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
Bet they choose to go somewhere new. Smaller school or state they’ve never been. If they didn’t start in Charlotte, Minnesota at UNC would be a no brainer.

Aug 8, 2022
ESPN has been pinching pennies...layoffs etc....the short commute for the crew/set from bammer to starkvegas would make sense to the bean counters......

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
No chance now that LSU lost. I'm saying Pitt v. WVU is the play, rivalry game on ABC so Herbie would already be there. Less travel and production costs for those that do both gameday and the ABC game. Other contenders:
South Carolina v. Georgia (any chance to show off the Dawgs)
SDSU v. Oregon State (if SDSU upsets UCLA)
Washington v. Michigan State
Tennessee v. Florida (even though Florida sucks they'll pick this over us)

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I would say with Fox becoming a bigger player over the past five years and their morning show originating from locations they plan to broadcast, I think going forward ESPN is going to put a lot more focus on College Gameday originating from SEC and ACC locations, with a random Big 12, AAC, Sun Belt, MAC, or FCS game thrown in.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
No, because they don’t travel to SEC locations since SEC home games aren’t broadcast on Fox. Now, there is a (highly unlikely) chance that a Mississippi State game gets on Fox Big Noon Kickoff, but it would be one of our future road games at Arizona State, Texas Tech, or Minnesota.
I have my doubts those games happen with the addition of OU and Texas

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
No chance now that LSU lost. I'm saying Pitt v. WVU is the play, rivalry game on ABC so Herbie would already be there. Less travel and production costs for those that do both gameday and the ABC game. Other contenders:
South Carolina v. Georgia (any chance to show off the Dawgs)
SDSU v. Oregon State (if SDSU upsets UCLA)
Washington v. Michigan State
Tennessee v. Florida (even though Florida sucks they'll pick this over us)
I think Pitt vs WV is a good bet. I think Minnesota vs UNC could be a contender too.

Washington vs Michigan State sounds good and most years would be a contender, but I mean... that game is going to be on Peacock.

Reactions: columbiadawg2

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
I think Pitt vs WV is a good bet. I think Minnesota vs UNC could be a contender too.

Washington vs Michigan State sounds good and most years would be a contender, but I mean... that game is going to be on Peacock.
That's the only reason I left it off. I can't see them promoting a game that is only streaming on a competitor

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Now that LSU lost, I think they strike while the iron is hot with Deion and go to Boulder for Colorado vs Colorado State, especially if CU beats Nebraska on Saturday. They are now in the Top 25 of both polls.

Reactions: Ghostman
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login