Complete shock re: Barksdales

wilson5869

Feb 23, 2008
<h1>Mr. Football Barksdale signs with Kansas junior college</h1> <p class="ratingbyline">By David Brandt • [email protected] • March 6, 2008</p> <div class="article-bodytext">

OXFORD - Mississippi's Mr. Football appears to be set to play for a Kansas junior college this fall.
</p>South Panola running back Darius "Tig" Barksdale has signed to play at Butler Community College, according to Butler coach Troy Morrell.

Barksdale was named Mr. Football by The Clarion-Ledger after rushing for more than 2,900 yards and 35 touchdowns as a senior, helping the Tigers win their fifth straight 5A football championship.

He was a highly sought recruit, ranking No. 3 on The Clarion-Ledger's 10 Most Wanted list, and was verbally committed to Ole Miss for months before surprisingly backing out on signing day.

At the time, Barksdale said he wanted to concentrate on his grades before he made a college decision. He has not yet met NCAA freshman academic qualifying standards.

</div>

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
well at least for those on the Spirit that actually thought he'd have a chance to get to Ole Miss. I'll be happy when we no longer have to hear the name Tig. He'll never play for Ole Miss, so I could care less what he does or where he goes.

SoxFan343

Feb 25, 2008
At least this way he avoids having to go to Iraq.

(Note: This was a story floating around on the Spirit Tig didn't sign with us because he didn't want to go to Hargrave. Supposedly someone had told him if he went to Hargrave, he would have to go to Iraq. I don't know the validity of the story, I just read the post I was going to make and I didn't want to appear like it was a political statement)

Eureka Dog

Feb 25, 2008
first full week in February of his Sr. year in HS to decide he wants to concentrate on his grades ?

Okey-Dokey, then.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
All of the sudden it dawns on him how screwed he really is academically. Ah yes, South Panola strikes again.

barney.sixpack

Mar 5, 2008
SoxFan343 said:
At least this way he avoids having to go to Iraq.

(Note: This was a story floating around on the Spirit Tig didn't sign with us because he didn't want to go to Hargrave. Supposedly someone had told him if he went to Hargrave, he would have to go to Iraq. I don't know the validity of the story, I just read the post I was going to make and I didn't want to appear like it was a political statement)

</p>If you don't go to college you have to go to Iraq?

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
that he believed that b/c its Hargrave Military.

And that is hilarious.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login