Concessions warning

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Bingo.

I rarely go to games that I can conveniently watch on my TV, where I can eat great food from my own kitchen, drink any bourbon I like with no fuss and use my own bathroom with no wait.

On the other hand, I must admit that the stadium/campus atmosphere is a very cool thing. The Auburn game in 2014 was the ****.
I still go to all the home games, I just seldom go in any more. I still get the atmosphere, see old friends, hear it live as it's happening and watch it on TV in the tent. Kind of the best of both worlds. I went in Saturday to see the field, uniforms, spoke to everybody that sits near my seats then headed back out again. Not sure why I still buy tickets even, just never know when we may catch fire again one year

Reactions: dog12

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
It’s stupid high but it’s about right compared to other sporting and live events. I’ll pay that price for convenience but please tell me they don’t still sell those awful Polk’s hot dogs. I didn’t buy one last year so I don’t remember if they have switched.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
When is the last time some of you philistines been to a ticketed event? These prices are slightly cheaper than average.
Concessions were high but that didn't stop people from buying them. Long azz lines everywhere.

if they can get it, they're going to charge for it. Supply and demand at its finest. Really no point griping about it.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Concessions were high but that didn't stop people from buying them. Long azz lines everywhere.

if they can get it, they're going to charge for it. Supply and demand at its finest. Really no point griping about it.

I worked for a guy once that had the philosophy that he "Would rather sell 1 pencil for $1 than 10 for .10c ea" Took me awhile to figure it out but it makes sense. We were the highest priced contractor in town but we were booked solid and worked way less for the same $$$ w/ fewer employees, fewer jobs, and fewer customers which meant fewer headaches but still made big bank. We worked only for high end clientele which have the money and just want it done right instead of working for poor sops like me that watch every penny and ask questions about the whole job.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
So $60 for a 6PK in the stadium or $6 for same thing at my tailgate tent, watch it on TV and eat better food. They are making my choice simple
What would the price need to be to not make the choice simple? Genuinely curious. No right or wrong here since everyone has a different tolerance.

My tolerance is $30 for 2 NA drinks and a burger. If that adds up to more than $25, I will be annoyed. If its over $30, 17 that for the future.

Jacknut

Sep 29, 2022
Welcome to Biden's America, y'all. You don't know it, but you're so much better off than you realize you are!**

Eat cold chicken tenders at the tailgate and drink whatever there. Problem solved.

• Angry
Reactions: AROB44

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
Stay at your tailgate and eat. Load your pockets with snacks. High prices are back.

1 hamburger was just $10.68.

beer….$10 a pop.
Yup, I dropped $30 on a burger , fries, cashews, & a powerade walkin’ in! :-0

$altyDawg

Aug 30, 2018
Do all of your eating before you:
A) Go into the stadium of any live event
B) Go into any airport
There, problem solved.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

Mud84

Oct 14, 2012
I missed yesterday but will be at the other games. Is it still cashless, card only?
the BBQ joint i went to was card only. kinda sucked as i had a pocket full of cash that i wasn't about to spend on $10 beers.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
$9.99 for a burger & $10 beer? That seems reasonable for a sporting event / concert.

Sneak in some airline bottles and you’re looking at $15 bucks for a burger and 3 jack & cokes. Could be worse.
Totally reasonable. We have **** we need funded.

af102

May 17, 2009
Meanwhile, Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta has it right.
View attachment 396551
This is one of the reasons I have had Atlanta United season tickets for the last 7 years. I don’t get food/drink at every game, but I also don’t sweat having to get dinner for the family because it is only going to run me $30 or less.

That graphic is from a few seasons ago, but the prices are basically the same except I don’t think the $5 small beer exists anymore. The default size is now bigger, and maybe $8 pre-tax? They also moved everything from tax included to pre-tax.

The best beer deal in the stadium is now at the grab and go self serve fridges- $10/$12 domestic/premium huge cans that you pour in a cup after paying for. They are bigger than a normal tall boy, so it’s basically 2 cans of beer.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
the BBQ joint i went to was card only. kinda sucked as i had a pocket full of cash that i wasn't about to spend on $10 beers.
Been awhile since you’ve been to a game then. They haven’t accepted cash in the stadium in a few years now.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Reading though this thread, a few things:
1. Man some of y’all can’t not complain about something.
2. I cook burgers for the local HS games and they are $6 for plain ole Bubba burgers.
3. The human body can go around 3-weeks with no food. You’ll be ok not eating for 3-hours if the food is too expensive for you. Or you can always eat before the game.
4. I no longer drink, but how long has it been since some of y’all bought a beer in a stadium setting? I saw U2 at M&T bank stadium probably a decade ago and the beers were $12…

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
Do all of your eating before you:
A) Go into the stadium of any live event
B) Go into any airport
There, problem solved.
I've never understood people who did it any other way, and then every time they go in it's like OH MY GOD IT'S SO EXPENSIVE!! No ****, it's stadium food and drinks. It's that way everywhere. Eat before you go in the game. If you're so damn cheap that you're gonna sit in your tailgate instead of going into the stadium because drinks are expensive, then sneak some liquor in like you did for the past 100 years before we sold beer.

Reactions: $altyDawg

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
I always try to get into town earlier enough to eat at a local restaurant or eat at a tailgate. I know my son is always going to want some snacks and dip and dots so that is that but I rarely by food at the stadium.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I always try to get into town earlier enough to eat at a local restaurant or eat at a tailgate. I know my son is always going to want some snacks and dip and dots so that is that but I rarely by food at the stadium.
My kids were younger, I would always fill them up on CFA, or whatever, prior to the game.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
This is what we do as well. My kids love pizza from Dave's so that's become our go to spot. Then we just get snacks at the game instead big stuff.

For our family of 4 it's common to spend $40 at a fast food drive thru for crap like taco bell. Most meals cost $10 now. So I'd expect it to spend at least $15-$20 per person at a football game (not including alcohol)

Mud84

Oct 14, 2012
Been awhile since you’ve been to a game then. They haven’t accepted cash in the stadium in a few years now.
I go to every single home game. I just NEVER buy food in the stadium. First time I got there late and didnt get a chance to grab something in the Junction.

Reactions: woozman

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
If you’re so hung up on the prices then just eat before or after the game. Problem solved. I usually get a bottled water at the game and maybe something else small.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I've never understood people who did it any other way, and then every time they go in it's like OH MY GOD IT'S SO EXPENSIVE!! No ****, it's stadium food and drinks. It's that way everywhere. Eat before you go in the game. If you're so damn cheap that you're gonna sit in your tailgate instead of going into the stadium because drinks are expensive, then sneak some liquor in like you did for the past 100 years before we sold beer.
Yeah, and by no means am I trying to defend $6 cokes, but it is interesting to me that people are so upset about this when we’ve broken down the absurd cost of going to a game so many times. Point being that after you’ve already spent $500 for tickets, parking, and gas, is a $10 burger really that big of a problem?

Truth be told, the biggest issue I have with gameday concessions isn’t so much the cost as it is that the food is rarely any good at all. A lot of it smells great, but no matter whether you get a hot dog, pizza, pronto pup, or whatever, it tastes like it was cooked in a microwave about 12 hours ago, and it’s only lukewarm now thanks to the Mississippi heat and humidity. My gameday plan has always been to eat before and get a coke/beer at the game with some roasted peanuts or maybe an occasional nachos

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login