Congrats to the Cowboys on actually beating a team with a pulse.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
You are correct that they are not mathematically eliminated. Just like MSU wasn’t mathematically eliminated from winning the West even after losing to USC, LSU, and Bama. But for all practical purposes, they were done. Too much has to align for it work in the real world.

Well, I didn't disagree with you when you typed this.

What you and I didn't realize at the time was that 10-1 Philly was a near total fraud.

Dallas has gotta find a way to win a big game they're not supposed to, but they lost 5 games, all on the road, 4 of them to playoff teams who are all probably top 10 level teams (assuming Philly is still that).

They've had a nice season.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

What you and I didn't realize at the time was that 10-1 Philly was a near total fraud.

Dallas has gotta find a way to win a big game they're not supposed to, but they lost 5 games, all on the road, 4 of them to playoff teams who are all probably top 10 level teams (assuming Philly is still that).

Here’s a quick summary on Philly’s collapse.

Final 6 weeks of the regular season, they were 1-5 overall, and 0-6 against the spread. They were favored in 4 of the 6 games.

In the 6 games, they were a combined 90.5 points away from covering the spread. That’s an average miss of f-ing 15 points per game from covering. The absolute closest they came to covering in a single game over that stretch was their one win, over the Giants, where they still missed the cover by a whole TD.

In the NFL, that’s an absolutely historic collapse and an absurd deviation. Maybe the worst in history. It won’t get portrayed that way, because they still made the (expanded) playoffs. But at the drop of a hat, they literally went from the best team in the NFL for 12 weeks….to the absolute worst team in the NFL that looked like it was tanking for the #1 pick in the final 5 weeks. “Fraud” isn’t even the correct term. They either had an abrupt and massive locker room issue, or they are point shaving. No 3rd option.

Reactions: She Mate Me

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020

Final 6 weeks of the regular season, they were 1-5 overall, and 0-6 against the spread. They were favored in 4 of the 6 games.

In the 6 games, they were a combined 90.5 points away from covering the spread. That’s an average miss of f-ing 15 points per game from covering. The absolute closest they came to covering in a single game over that stretch was their one win, over the Giants, where they still missed the cover by a whole TD.

In the NFL, that’s an absolutely historic collapse and an absurd deviation. Maybe the worst in history. It won’t get portrayed that way, because they still made the (expanded) playoffs. But at the drop of a hat, they literally went from the best team in the NFL for 12 weeks….to the absolute worst team in the NFL that looked like it was tanking for the #1 pick in the final 5 weeks. “Fraud” isn’t even the correct term. They either had an abrupt and massive locker room issue, or they are point shaving. No 3rd option.
They just want to play their playoff games in domes and sunny San Fran.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010

You hate to see it

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I did kinda pulled for the Oilers a little too. I liked Warren Moon and the uniforms. Moon threw the most perfect spiral almost every pass. I hated it when they choked against Buffalo in the playoffs.
I was watching that game. It was something like 31-3 at halftime.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023

And? Teams lose road games. Guess it's good for them they get at least 1 if not 2 home playoff games.

The Niners lost 5 including to the Browns, Vikings, and Bengals. The Ravens lost to the Browns, Colts and Steelers twice. The Bills lost 6 games including the ****** Jets and Jags.

Point is, teams lose games they aren't supposed to. But talking heads have always made it a point to hold Dallas to a different standard than every other team. The Cowboys held serve at home and did enough to win the division. Nothing has changed. They've known pretty much from early in the season that the playoffs were going to go thru San Fran.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
And? Teams lose road games. Guess it's good for them they get at least 1 if not 2 home playoff games.

The Niners lost 5 including to the Browns, Vikings, and Bengals. The Ravens lost to the Browns, Colts and Steelers twice. The Bills lost 6 games including the ****** Jets and Jags.

Point is, teams lose games they aren't supposed to. But talking heads have always made it a point to hold Dallas to a different standard than every other team. The Cowboys held serve at home and did enough to win the division. Nothing has changed. They'veasin known pretty much from early in the season that the playoffs were going to go thru San Fran.

In case it wasn't clear, I'm a huge fan of Dak and, by extension, the Cowboys.

My post was pointing out that Dallas had a nice season, but still needed collapse by a Super Bowl team to win the Division.

They can win it all, but they've gotta get out of their own heads in the really big games.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login