Contractor/builder help

May 5, 2017
My name is Brandon Walker. You may know me from such shows as The Slant, Keep it 100 and More Cowbell. Most recently I stood next to Brian Hadad as we halloweened as the numeral 10.

I just bought a house south of West Point that needs a lot of work. Gonna gut her and redo the whole thing. I don’t know how to do that. I’m looking for the best contractors or builders near Starkville. I’m also quite rich.

Anyway if any of have recommendations, email me at [email protected]. I’m open to all recommendations.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
Level with me, how much does Barstool pay to get its employees in the spotlight? Every ESPN cutaway the last two years in Omaha featured you or manboobs. Manboobs then gets the seat next to Ivey at the feature table? That stuff can’t just be a coincidence.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
A little trick to find a good contactor every time.

Head over to East Mississippi Lumber Company and ask to speak to someone at the pro desk/builder sales or whatever they might call the commissioned sales people that handle builder/contractor accounts. Tell this salesperson exactly what you are trying to accomplish and that you will buy everything possible from him if he can get you in touch with the right contractor for the job.

That salesperson knows everyone in town capable of doing the work and has likely been out on hundreds of jobsites to see them in action. It's very much an ask the butcher situation., which I recommend since you seem like someone who might do the other thing....

View attachment 24695

kramer_192

Sep 15, 2012
Call Wes Shelton at Bell Building Supply. Tell him what you are thinking of doing. Ask him for a couple contractors he would recommend. Talk to them ands pick who you like.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
I just bought a house south of West Point that needs a lot of work
Congrats. The giant metal stallion out by the mailbox isn’t for everyone. Re-locating it should be job 1. But to each his own.

If you’re partial to keeping it, I have an idea for a backyard pool fountain if interested.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
My name is Brandon Walker. You may know me from such shows as The Slant, Keep it 100 and More Cowbell. Most recently I stood next to Brian Hadad as we halloweened as the numeral 10.

I just bought a house south of West Point that needs a lot of work. Gonna gut her and redo the whole thing. I don’t know how to do that. I’m looking for the best contractors or builders near Starkville. I’m also quite rich.

Anyway if any of have recommendations, email me at [email protected]. I’m open to all recommendations.

Will you be hosting your shows from the Brandon Walker Smoking Lounge? Also props for sending a smith county watermelon to Dave. You should let him know the Smith County watermelon festival is next weekend.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
At East MS Lumber in Starkville that in store person is Amy. If Amy isn't available ask for Toby. I set up an account (and asked for discounts and we came to an agreement) and I used them almost exclusively for a recent addition. All my siding, house wrap, studs, insulation, door & windows, interior wall board, trim, etc came from there and I was very pleased. The electrician and plumber bought their own supplies but I did all of the construction type stuff and fixtures with them.

I also talked to Discount Building Materials out by the MSU golf course and that was a cat herding/goat roping rodeo of a business. Their pricing has been consistently good in the past for odds and ends items and I figured I'd give them a shot at a big project. They have 1 guy that was supposed to be handling that type commercial customer but he walked away from me every time somebody walked in the door the day I was there while EVERYBODY ELSE was sitting around like 1 big happy family feeding their pie holes. I mean everybody in the store stopped working and went and sat down when the take out food arrived. The guy that was supposed to be helping me was also eating and talking to me when he wasn't out on the floor helping somebody get a key cut or find a hammer or push broom etc. while I'm sitting there wanting to buy an entire additions worth of materials. I finally got up and walked out while he went outside to the warehouse to find a door somebody had ordered and I haven't been back in over a year. And I wouldn't go to Lowe's for a project like that, you never see the same person twice in there and nobody knows what anybody else does because one day they may work 6:00 a.m till 2:00, the next 2:00-10:00 and so on and so on. Stick to the local folks, you may pay a little more (maybe not) but its worth it

Motodawg

Apr 19, 2018
You want Top-Notch Plumbing Service to do the plumbing regardless who the contractor is. They are willing to work with whoever you hire as a builder.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Brandon Walker;[URL="tel:2050511" said:
2050511[/URL]]My name is Brandon Walker. You may know me from such shows as The Slant, Keep it 100 and More Cowbell. Most recently I stood next to Brian Hadad as we halloweened as the numeral 10.

Congrats and welcome home

Rebeldude

Aug 22, 2012
I'll third the Wes Shelton at Bell Building Supply reccomendation. He will be able to hook you up with several contractors and steer you in the right direction. He can also sell you a smoker or grill for the back patio!

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
If you're gonna prove you're rich in this place it's by the bottle of alcohol that you drink (extra points if it's bourbon).

Fess up are you a Kentucky Tavern or a Blanton's Gold Edition man?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login