Could we have Gene Chizik or Ed Orgeron?

acampbell

Oct 22, 2018
Before I get blasted, hear me out. All inherited generational players(Cam, Burrow, Mangum, TA, Rowdy). All won national titles. Once all started playing with their own players started struggling. Just something to ponder. Hope I’m wrong.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Mangum didn’t win a national title. That guy was great though. And I know that Rowdey Jordan is much beloved among State fans, and he was a great one too, but generational? TA was definitely a generational type talent for State.

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
Hear me out: 2 complete seasons, 2 trips to Omaha, and a national title.

Wait until at least one coach in the country has more trips to Omaha and/or national titles than Lemonis during his tenure at State before you start trying to figure out how the best coach on campus and first coach to bring a team national title to the school is actually not a good coach.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
First national title ever. Won those 1-run games to make the CWS finals. Routed Vandy and shut up the whistler. Has won every year he's been here. It's not a good year. Some of his recruits haven't worked out and we lost key players. It happens.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Before I get blasted, hear me out. All inherited generational players(Cam, Burrow, Mangum, TA, Rowdy). All won national titles. Once all started playing with their own players started struggling. Just something to ponder. Hope I’m wrong.

No. Youi are wrong.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Both of those guys won titles at schools that had won titles before. That is a HUGE difference.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Rowdy Jordan isn’t a generational player
Good player but not even close to generational

You are dumb

Dawg_4_lifes

Sep 17, 2016
Go away

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login