Could you get an MSU tag and don’t? Why not?

Could you get an MSU tag and don’t? Why not?

• Supporting another cause (but not the Lost Cause)

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • The Default Mississippi Tag doesn’t suck this year

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Concerned about the direction MSU is going

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • These 17ers should pay me to advertise for MSU

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • I’m an Ole Miss alum lurking here

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
We have them here in Texas. I could get one, but honestly, it's a kind of lackluster design. It's $50 a year just to change the background or $150 a year if I want to change the background and personalize it, plus another one time fee to consolidate it to my existing registration expiration date.

1723132489598.png

I'm good with a set of Mississippi State license plate holders.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
We have them here in Texas. I could get one, but honestly, it's a kind of lackluster design. It's $50 a year just to change the background or $150 a year if I want to change the background and personalize it, plus another one time fee to consolidate it to my existing registration expiration date.

View attachment 624151

It could be worse. You could live in a state with ad valorem prices

Dec 9, 2018
When I was in high school my parents got one for my car, ever since I started paying for my own tags there was no chance I was spending an extra $50+ on it. Plus this years tags look good. The black tags look great
Agree, but wish they would just default to the black tags as the standard tag and then LEAVE IT ALONE. How much does it cost to make plain single color car tag, anyway?

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
I used to always have a state tag. I no longer care to fight to identify my car, nor myself, by my alma mater.

Additionally, the blackout tag looks better than anything and the $38.50 goes to the fund that pays out to officers and first responder families when that person dies in the line of duty instead of sending $38.50 to my university and it never making a damn bit of difference.

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
I could but don’t. I’m not paying the extra. I do think there need a to be a rule if you drive a POS you can’t. Nothing makes me laugh more than some dude in an 07 Hyundai with an Ole Miss tag. Always think guess that’s what that degree got you once Daddy’s cards were maxed out

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Can, did and still do have NC tags on both cars and will for the foreseeable future. Can't say the shine isn't off them a little at this point but they serve as a reminder of the night I said ... never thought I'd see that in my lifetime.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008

View attachment 624151

Didn't have them when I lived in TX.

When we uprooted for GA, my 2nd thought was "hot damn, I get a State plate". I have one. Sucks because they won't let me personalize it, and I'm thinking the state of Georgia is having fun at our expense. The tags start with EAD behind the banner M

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Yes and I don't.
I can, but don’t because for every toothless Alabama meth-neck hollering “RowTahhhhhd” as they pass by raises the chances of a road rage shooting.

Man’s gotta know his limitations.
This, along with the Rebels, is why I will never get one. I could.

Reactions: Mr. Cook

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
By the way, Texas dawgs, according to myplates.com, "6PACK" is somehow available as a personalized plate, gym rats and drunkards be damned.

• Haha

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I could but don’t. I’m not paying the extra. I do think there need a to be a rule if you drive a POS you can’t. Nothing makes me laugh more than some dude in an 07 Hyundai with an Ole Miss tag. Always think guess that’s what that degree got you once Daddy’s cards were maxed out
One good thing about getting the specialty Mississippi plates is that you can transfer them to other vehicles.

I had to show proof that my previous car was totaled when I transferred the tag to my CR-V last year.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I am proud I am a Miss State Alumni. It was something I didn't think I could do when I graduated high school. As proud of that I am prouder I served in the United States Marine Corps. The title US Marine means the world to me. So, I have a veteran tag with the Marie Corp Emblem on it.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

View attachment 624151

I have license plate holders and I have two magnets on the tailgate.

I didn't know we could buy a tag. I have a handicapped tag.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Didn't have them when I lived in TX.

When we uprooted for GA, my 2nd thought was "hot damn, I get a State plate". I have one. Sucks because they won't let me personalize it, and I'm thinking the state of Georgia is having fun at our expense. The tags start with EAD behind the banner M

I also drive a Banner MEAD vehicle. Maybe the state just knows our teams make us drink.

Reactions: Dawgg

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
I would get a State tag if they looked better. The maroon M over S tag looks cool but I didn't want to get a 2021 National Championship tag in 2024.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
We only get the one option here... Though we do have legislation on the docket for next year to see if we can also have SOURCRM, BCNBITS, and CHEESE as options outside of the currently mandatory BUTTER. Law enforcement are leading the charge to avoid all the current confusion when running plates. The 17ing vegans were pushing for BROCCLI, but they got shut down quick.

Screen Shot 2024-08-08 at 3.34.50 PM.png

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024

View attachment 624151

Here in Fort Worth I would consider but as much time my vehicle spends parked at a House of Ill Repute I'd risk tarnishing STATE's Family Values Brand.

Last edited:
Reactions: BulldogBlitz
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login