Count me as OFF the Leach beach

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Point still stands. Leach is tracking better than our best coach in history. What realistic expectations are not being met right now in year 3?
Winning games you're favored to win. Winning egg bowls. Having a competent special teams. Having an offense that doesn't stall against pressure. Having a coaching staff that can make in-game adjustments. Want me to continue?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Winning games you're favored to win. Winning egg bowls. Having a competent special teams. Having an offense that doesn't stall against pressure. Having a coaching staff that can make in-game adjustments. Want me to continue?
Short of the egg bowl, which i suspect is the main culprit for all the folks who live and die by it, I can cite examples of all of the things that you said, with the inconsistency that you'd expect in year 3 on the heals of the Moorhead experiment and throwing away year one to COVID. At present,we have shown marked improvement year over year. Unlike the majority of my MSU fandom, being behind the sticks or greater than a field goal behind on the scoreboard is something that we can overcome. I'm tapping out. This thread is an exercise in myopathy.

Reactions: Grover777

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Short of the egg bowl, which i suspect is the main culprit for all the folks who live and die by it, I can cite examples of all of the things that you said, with the inconsistency that you'd expect in year 3 on the heals of the Moorhead experiment and throwing away year one to COVID. At present,we have shown marked improvement year over year. Unlike the majority of my MSU fandom, being behind the sticks or greater than a field goal behind on the scoreboard is something that we can overcome. I'm tapping out. This thread is an exercise in myopathy.
I don't know what the hell you're watching, Horshack.

Reactions: patdog

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I have seen the case built against every MSU coach we have ever had by a segment of our fan base. Jackie, Mullen, Leach, all of them have their detractors. Guess what. This same group will do the same to the next coach, the next coach and the next coach.

Show me a SIGNIFICANTLY better coach that can win, and by win I mean get $$$$$$ for 4* and 5* players to make himself a "better coach", and one that is an obsessed maniac workaholic micromanagement freak like Saban that can also hire coaches to work like indentured servants (until they leave to have a life), and former head coaches to be analysts and employ old friendly men to be "life coaches" that just provide counseling and mentoring to the players.

Then I will say ok lets do it. Otherwise I don't see anyone that can do anything much better than the quirky (yet oddly successful) coach we have today.

You have receivers coming to MSU that would never come before. You have QB's coming that would never come before. We have now beaten A&M, Ark, Auburn and might win another SEC game.

Kiffin is having some early season success (narrowly luckily beating KY at Oxford) and I think it is killing some of our fans. Kiffin looks better on TV, sounds better and take a good photo. If/when UM beats State again I am sure there will be a group of people that says fire the SOB Leach. It's really easy to predict. Wait until after the Egg Bowl to build your dramatic closing arguments against the current head coach.

What will you say if/when MSU beats Ole Miss and finishes ranked higher with a bowl win because that is what this is all about. Go ahead and get your notes together in your little notepad app on your iPhone in case you don't want to look like a dramatic teenage girl if that happens. Protect your internet cred please just in case.

Last edited:

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
I’d say that Leach can stay at State as long as he likes UNLESS the bowl streak ends under him.

Like it or not, we need significant stability after the Morehead disaster. And yes, it’s ridiculous to compare Morehead’s record to Leach’s. Morehead’s first team should’ve sleptwalk to 9 wins with that defense. Hell, most high school coaches could have had a better offense by not throwing a single down than the **** he trotted out there.
if by “significant stability “ you mean 7-5, 6-6:

17 that

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
It's because under Mullen, we looked competent. And under Mullen, we were elevated from an annual loser to bowl eligible. Now that we've played 12 game schedules for a decade and SEC money has gone stratospheric, the expectations have changed. So, it's kinda silly to make comparisons to Mullen at this point. If Mullen was here today, giving us what Leach is giving us, there's be a lot of people unhappy with him too, because our expectations are different now. And let's be honest....there was a relatively large portion of the fanbase that was ready to see Mullen move on when he did anyway, so let's not play revisionist history.
There were plenty of games under Mullen where we played like crap. Beating Bowling Green by one point, being down 3-0 to UAB at halftime, barely beating Troy by six, losing to South Alabama, losing to Georgia and Auburn in back to back weeks in 2017 (one of our best seasons under Mullen) by scores of 31-3 and 49-10. So please don’t act like Mullen always had us ready to play because he laid plenty of stinkers.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
7-5 would mean loss at #6 Alabama, loss at top ten LSU, loss on road to ranked uk in a night game, loss to number one Georgia, loss to number eleven Ole Miss on the road.

well that’s the #2 sos in the country to start the year and will probably finish up as #2 sos when all is said and done.

we may end up 8-4 but 7-5 is a solid year with that schedule, especially if we can get to 8-5 with a good bowl win.

Reactions: onewoof

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
7-5 would mean loss at #6 Alabama, loss at top ten LSU, loss on road to ranked uk in a night game, loss to number one Georgia, loss to number eleven Ole Miss on the road.

well that’s the #2 sos in the country to start the year and will probably finish up as #2 sos when all is said and done.

we may end up 8-4 but 7-5 is a solid year with that schedule, especially if we can get to 8-5 with a good bowl win.
The price to get better than that is about $30M so if you want better pay up

Emma’s Dad

May 5, 2021
He doesn't derserve to be fired until he has a losing season, but he's clearly showing he's not a good play caller or a good game manager. He doesn't even work the refs like an SEC head coach should be doing.

24 straight pass plays? I knew it was a ton in a row, but didn't know it was that many.

He's not fit to be a HC in the SEC if he's not going to adapt. You can't run the ball in his offense when you need yards and the defense is expecting you to run, which you have to do in this league to compete at the top.

Pathetic play calling and game management from last Q2 and onwards Saturday night.

Our team doesn't give up and they are tough, so he hasn't lost the team, but changes must be made.
Yes! I agree MSU should not fire a fb coach with a winning record with some very good, quality wins under his belt. I disagree we should keep him around so we can complain incessantly. Yeah I know—it’s the fan’s prerogative. But what change should be made?

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
We've done worse. A lot worse. I'm no Leach fan, but I'm definitely not calling for him to be fired. Now, if he retires, I won't shed a tear.
i respect that. im greedy for more success for &TATE though and borderline impatient

life is running out

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login