Couple SEC schedule observations........

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Talking about BAMA having a favorable schedule, UGA's is ridiculous, They should go 12-0 without a shadow of a doubt. In fact.....@ Ole Miss may be their toughest game. Pretty much cast in stone that the SEC Title game will be BAMA vs UGA.....again! And, those 2 have a outstanding chance of playing each other for the NC......again! Both have new QBs, but they are highly touted and have waited in the wings for their turn. All they have to do is manage the offense, keep turnovers to a minimum, and get the ball to their playmakers.

Looking at Vandy's schedule, it's not out of the realm of possibility that they could start the season 6-0. The problem is the back half of their schedule. However, they could beat Auburn to give them 7 wins. My best guess is they go 5-1 in the first 6 games and 1-5 in the last 6 games. Thus, they would be bowl eligible. Very possible. Again, with them, the QB being broke in will be key.....which makes me surprised that Wright left them to come to us as a backup.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Perfect way to end this boring 4-game playoff era. Another boring SEC championship and another boring 4-team playoff.

Yawn. I just wish we weren't wasting our current team in another current year of this boring 4-team playoff that we have no shot of making.

Did I mention it was boring.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Perfect way to end this boring 4-game playoff era. Another boring SEC championship and another boring 4-team playoff.

Yawn. I just wish we weren't wasting our current team in another current year of this boring 4-team playoff that we have no shot of making.

Did I mention it was boring.
Just wait. The 12-team playoff is going to be just as boring. Only difference will be which pretender will the same elite teams blow out in the quarterfinals.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Talking about BAMA having a favorable schedule, UGA's is ridiculous, They should go 12-0 without a shadow of a doubt. In fact.....@ Ole Miss may be their toughest game. Pretty much cast in stone that the SEC Title game will be BAMA vs UGA.....again! And, those 2 have a outstanding chance of playing each other for the NC......again! Both have new QBs, but they are highly touted and have waited in the wings for their turn. All they have to do is manage the offense, keep turnovers to a minimum, and get the ball to their playmakers.

Looking at Vandy's schedule, it's not out of the realm of possibility that they could start the season 6-0. The problem is the back half of their schedule. However, they could beat Auburn to give them 7 wins. My best guess is they go 5-1 in the first 6 games and 1-5 in the last 6 games. Thus, they would be bowl eligible. Very possible. Again, with them, the QB being broke in will be key.....which makes me surprised that Wright left them to come to us as a backup.
UGA’s schedule is fairly easy but they do play @ Auburn and @ Tennessee, which should be tougher than a home game vs OM

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Just wait. The 12-team playoff is going to be just as boring. Only difference will be which pretender will the same elite teams blow out in the quarterfinals.
I don't think so. More teams will be engaged during the season, and the top teams will be caught sleeping more. And then we'll all watch the early rounds of the playoff for certain.

The semis and finals will probably be boring, I agree there. But who cares.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Ole miss could very well be 1-4 going into Arkansas Depending how improved GT is and how much of Tulane has coming back. They won't be ranked coming into Egg Bowl like last season.

Reactions: retire the banner

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
And some team that should be there will not be there while a team that should not be there will be just because of who they are.

Reactions: dorndawg

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
If you guys don't believe in at least the remote possibility of us winning the SEC West this year, how can you call yourselves State fans?

I'm calling it now. We might lose a couple of games, but we're playing in ATLANTA!

Against Vandy, dam-nit!

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Alabama's schedule is no cake walk. Texas and Tennessee, even at home will be tough task. Then lsu at home, I see Bama anywhere between 12-0 or 9-3 (with a new QB). We shall see how the season plays out.

I am seriously considering going to that Tennessee game

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Everybody talking about how hard our schedule is, but it's a schedule we can certainly make a big run with......IF we are truly any good. I'll explain......

In the even years, we have a lot of the tossups at home, which are easier to win. Usually LSU, Bama and Ole Miss on the road. So even when we ARE good, like 2014, we still dropped 2 on the road.

In odd years, that's reversed. We get the hard teams at home. So if we're anywhere near capable, it's easier to clip those teams, then have our down games on the road vs. lesser teams. Of course, this has everything to do with our overall talent level, which I think is really high at the moment.

All this changes next year as the new schedule comes around, and a whole new dynamic comes into play. I don't think that dynamic is good for MSU personally. Oh well at least we will have the money and still hopefully sneak into bowl games. And we should be good and make a little money at basketball.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I'll be surprised if Auburn wins 5 games.
I hope you're right, but they typically thrive in years like this, when people expect them to suck. They really are similar to us, just with more money and resources, therefore a higher talent level.

Not to mention Freeze took Ole Miss from 2-10 and pitiful in 2011, to 6-6 and very competitive in 2012. They smoked us, pushed Johnny Football to the brink, and were competitive in most games.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login