COVID Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Question. It seems obvious that being vaccinated does not prevent one from spreading it, so at this point you get vaccinated to protect yourself, right?

It is largely to protect yourself, for sure.
...but lesser symptoms means less time/chance to spread it too.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Roughly truish is probably a good way to describe it. I'll have to use that one. Ebola has gone the other way before according to something I read. And as pointed out, the flu does it regularly. So have many other viral and bacterial diseases.
A simple google search shows that has and it hasn't, so I'm not going to trust "something I read".

The bottom line is, hardly any of them become significantly more dangerous, especially compared to the original strains. They might go up or down forever, but you're at the bottom level of the whole scale, so it doesn't really matter.

You arguing about this is just like someone saying the vax doesn't work because somebody they know got sick, after being vaxxed.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
A simple google search shows that has and it hasn't, so I'm not going to trust "something I read".

The bottom line is, hardly any of them become significantly more dangerous, especially compared to the original strains. They might go up or down forever, but you're at the bottom level of the whole scale, so it doesn't really matter.

You arguing about this is just like someone saying the vax doesn't work because somebody they know got sick, after being vaxxed.
COVID 19 has already had a version that became more deadly than the original. In fact, there are probably at least two. Delta for sure was. Omicron is probably the first one to go the other way. The flu has had some that were significantly deadlier, see 1918-1920 among others. I'm not just making this crap up. It's pretty easy to confirm. Good grief man, look it up. Heck, there is even an article linked on Drudge that talks about this very thing right now. I wasn't even looking for it when I saw it. You can have the last word.

Last edited:

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
Wife had it last Jan, gave to youngest son and me.
Were all 3 vax'ed about mid year.
Had been around a case a couple weeks ago so the wife had congestion and tested positive. Said it really felt like a sinus infection but otherwise fine.
I tried to test but couldn't find a walk in clinic that had tests, so I never did.

Last Jan, the son and I avoided her like the plague (no pun intended) and got it anyway (pretty mild cases all the way around though).
This time, I did nothing different. Half way wanted to go ahead and get it and get it out of the way but nothing. I never felt bad at all, no idea if I had it.
She did get steroids. The whole week she was home, she cooked and cleaned (recommended she get covid more often).

I did take the horse pills (iver) though (.2mg/kg it think it was). Not sure why they call em horse pills, still not hung like one.

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
Well Johnson, I didn't know you like to party too...

You do bring up a good point though, I have not actually had a digital rectal exam yet. Under 50 with no family history of prostate cancer... I usually pay handsomely for something I could be getting for free by pencil whipping my medical history form.

Thanks for the heads up!

When you do have your first DRE, your body may deliver a quite unexpected surprise. Just roll with it because there ain't much you can do.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Dude all of my doctors have said the same thing as goat just shared. You sound like one of my bosses that is scared to death and wants to stay in Covid protocol for eternity. That's not the way viruses work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login