Cowboys 49ers game hit 41.5M - highest wildcard game in 7 years

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
And I am willing to bet it gets higher ratings than the following games:

• 49ers Packers
  • Bills Chiefs
  • Rams Bucs
  • Bengals Titans

only the Super Bowl will have more viewers. Cowboys love/hate (and controversy) sells. Jerry now owns a $6.5B+ franchise

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Packers 49ers will get a big rating because of the two big fanbases but probably still won’t touch that number.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Yep. Jerry needs to make Sean Payton an offer he can’t refuse and tell Goodell to kick rocks.

Not quite that simple. Cowboys would have to payout the balance of Payton’s contract (likely out of their cap) and/or provide draft picks or players in an official trade for Payton. It’s not like college where you can raid coaches from lesser schools and then stiff them on the buyout. That’s why job hopping at the pro level basically never happens.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
Yep. Jerry needs to make Sean Payton an offer he can’t refuse and tell Goodell to kick rocks.
Why the hell would Payton want to deal with Jerry? I’m sure he’s doing just fine financially in NO. I can’t imagine he would like Jerry constantly over his shoulder.

Cowboys aren’t going to change until Jerry gives up control to the kids…assuming they don’t operate like dad.
You think Jerry ever looks in the mirror and says, maybe the problem is me?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
And I am willing to bet it gets higher ratings than the following games:

• 49ers Packers
  • Bills Chiefs
  • Rams Bucs
  • Bengals Titans

only the Super Bowl will have more viewers. Cowboys love/hate (and controversy) sells. Jerry now owns a $6.5B+ franchise

BIG brands. GB and the Niners will be the same. Those 3 teams have fans all over the country that have never seen those states much the towns. The NFL fans don't abandon in bad times. They usually don't have college team shirts and merchandise

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login