Bye Bye Playoffs Rebs

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
If they win out, that includes beating UGA, they will still be in the picture. I don't think'll win out though and three losses will put them out of the playoff picture.

Reactions: Maroon13

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
With a two loss team who you lose to is going matter. A loss to Kentucky isn't looking very good right now. I'm not sure a loss to LSU will look that good either.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
With a two loss team who you lose to is going matter. A loss to Kentucky isn't looking very good right now. I'm not sure a loss to LSU will look that good either.
Basically they've played three teams with a pulse....and lost to two of them.

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
If they win out and Texas beats UGA, I think they’re in
If they win out and Texas beats UGA, OM has one bad loss and one decent win. It will depend on the rest, of the field. But that's a win over a 3-4 loss UGA team (if they lose to UTex and OM, a loss to UTenn is in play) is not going to help them. OM needs to win out and have UGA beat Texas.

That's not a good resume.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
If they win out and Texas beats UGA, I think they’re in
I think it’s going to depend on how many one loss teams there are from conferences other than the big 10 and sec. Ole miss caught a huge break with how relatively easy there schedule is for the SEC. But if they have a loss to a 7-5 UK and a 9-3 LSU, and their best win is against a 3 loss UGA and 4 loss Oklahoma, I’m not sure that’s a resume that justifies jumping 11-1 teams from other conferences and it’s not a typical 10-2 schedule that would be better than a 10-2 record from any other conference.

I think ultimately everybody is vulnerable enough this year that 10-2 will get them in by process of elimination. But if there are enough 10-2 and 11-1 at large teams, I think they’d be on down the line.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
They have to finish in the Top 11 at a minimum now. Remember a G5 conference champion CAN get in with out being Top 12! UGA can lose to Texas and Beat UT and will be ahead of the Rebs with a win in Oxford.

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
Could their antics count against them in a toss up? Meaning would FGU (Fainting Goat University) automatically get the boot vs a "comparative" team just because everyone is tired of it?

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
There will be a three loss SEC team in the playoffs --- likely not the Rebels.

But it they win out there are in. Hopefully they don't.

I don't care what anybody's record is before the playoffs. Unless they seed every SEC team in the same bracket, three of the last four standing will be from the SEC.

patdog

May 28, 2007
There will be a three loss SEC team in the playoffs --- likely not the Rebels.

But it they win out there are in. Hopefully they don't.

I don't care what anybody's record is before the playoffs. Unless they seed every SEC team in the same bracket, three of the last four standing will be from the SEC.
I don’t know. A 3-loss SEC team might deserve to get in. But committee politics will come into play. And don’t sleep on Big 10. They could get 4 teams in & could easily get 2 of final 4. I think the future is 4 automatic bids for both SEC & Big 10.

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
Just saying what we're all thinking:

It would be so unexpectedly glorious for the Egg Bowl to be the dagger.

Reactions: PBRME

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
i think they lose to Arky, UGA, and possibly OU (not likely, but possibly). if they roll into the egg bowl 6-5, they will have imploded internally and probably have some opt outs, and the egg bowl might be in play for them to lose. 6-6, after going into the season thinking they could win the NC would be the dagger for the Grove Collective. OM Spirit already has several threads calling for people to quit giving to the GC, and there's one post on there saying the amount of cancellations of automatic GC donations is staggering since the KY loss and this one last night.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login