Cowboys vs 49'ERS

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Dallas needs another receiver. Brandin Cooks is so incredibly washed that its not even funny. Dude is brought in to be a burner / deep threat and he can’t even outrun LB’s anymore. Complete and utter waste of $10 million in cap room.

They badly need to trade for a legit 2nd receiver or co-No. 1 receiver like Higgins or Kupp before the deadline. You can go ahead and write them off again if they don’t….and they probably won’t.
Honestly they screwed themselves with the contracts they did for zeke and then dak. I love dak but he was under paid when he got there but now he is over paid. If he wants to win he needs to take a pay cut and bring in some better receivers

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
Dak is playing like crap. Three straight interceptions. Can’t sugarcoat it.

DoomSlayer

Jan 13, 2018
I suspect Dallas would go to Dak and say take a steep pay cut or we move on to Lance if they could. I just don’t know what the realities are of his deal and what kind of cap hit Dallas takes by cutting him. I do believe he has a ridiculous cap number next year so something will have to be worked out regardless.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Watch SF lose the next 2 out of 3 after getting up so much for this game

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Dak was never meant to be the guy in Dallas but he played extremely well his rookie year snd then in spurts over the years but last year was bad and this year was a good start but to hit a wall tonight against a really good team

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Looks like Dak won't be winning the playoff game this year either.

Last edited:

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Will the boys start off like they have a purpose tonight, or 17 around like last week.

(excuse me, like against Arizona)
The book on beating the Dallas D is now don't plan plays with progressions....you won't have time. Dial up plays that set up one receiver to be open quick and hit it. With Diggs out, that's working. We'll see if other teams can make it work.

McCarthey's offense is ****. Nothing but shite run plays and then on 3rd and long a passing play with no creativity at all, at best.

Reactions: sfnsfn

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Brock Purdy is ridiculous. Might go down as an all-time draft steal.
Put Purdy under center in Dallas and he’ll look very much like a 7th round pick that he is, or worse. He’s very fortunate to be in a system that doesn’t ask him to do much. Most plays involve a hand-off or a short pass to the best RB in the NFL. Those help set up passing plays to either of two of the top 10-15 WR’s in the NFL, or a pass to one of the Top 2-3 TE’s in the NFL. One of those 4 guys is always going to be open.

Never forget that Shanahan was a 4th quarter pick away from winning a Super Bowl over Patrick Mahomes and KC with 17ing sorry *** Jimmy Garropolo at QB. And whenever he was hurt, he’d also get great production out of the likes of CJ Beathard and Nick Mullens. He’s an offensive wizard who just gets maximum production from the QB position and every other spot on the offense. That’s why its so hilarious that JJ was dumb enough to take the Trey Lance problem off his hands….because if Shanahan can’t get production out of the guy, no one is.

Last edited:

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Can't believe those who want to get on Dak for this. There were 2 times in the entire game where I saw a Dallas WR with any separation, 3 at most, and Dak completed 2, with one a really nice TD toss.

Dak got very little protection from his O-line. They sucked *** and got dominated by SF all night long, so our boy had to either throw it away all night, or just decide to throw it into traffic and take his chances. And one of those INT's was a deflection off the WR, and also a PI that was not called.

No, Dak didn't have a good game, but I don't think any QB would have with that line and no legit targets to throw to almost all night.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
9ers came out juiced and ready for the playoff game today. But today wasn't a playoff game

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
June 2024 may be when Dallas and Dak part ways. However, that won't be good for the Cowboys as Trey Lance isn't the answer.

Dak's dead cap money would fall from $61 million to approximately $36 million. The largest QB dead cap cuts so far are Ryan and Rodgers at around $40. If someone wants Dak, he could be gone by June 2024.

Which my guess is that will have to be Jerry's decision. Dak will restructure, again, just to stay there. Dak seems like he wants to be a Cowboy for his entire career.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
October has little to do with January. Injuries, late signings, a simple change in a team's play, and all sorts of things can change a team's fortunes.
The coaches won't change. Against most teams that's not the biggest factor, but the gap between SF and Dallas is so wide on that factor that it can't be overcome. Best hope is Dallas doesn't have to play them, they can beat anyone else in the conference.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The coaches won't change. Against most teams that's not the biggest factor, but the gap between SF and Dallas is so wide on that factor that it can't be overcome. Best hope is Dallas doesn't have to play them, they can beat anyone else in the conference.
One thing is for sure, Dallas cannot beat them at a SF home night game. Game would have to be in Dallas for any chance for Dallas to win.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
You can find fault with Dak's game all you want Dallas doesn't have the horses that San Francisco does. Dallas has had way too many injuries to be able to stay with Frisco. Dak has got the same problem as he had last year. He has one dependable wide receiver, take a look at how many San Francisco has... just receivers. I'm serious! Count them on your fingers if you need to and see if they are equal between the Cowboys and the 49ers at wide receiver.

I'm really hoping that he gets to go to another team this next season. I'm tired of him playing with Jerry Jones. I've been singing this song for the last three or four years but nobody listened. Please let Dak go. He is not a superstar quarterback, but he will help you win some games on another team that's actually geared toward his strengths.

Dak owns some of this too so don't kid yourself. Before the game one of the sideline reporters said a SF defensive player said their game plan was to stop the run and make Dak beat them. Well, look at the results. Prior to the game he was the 17th rated passer in the league. It's lower than that now.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Dak owns some of this too so don't kid yourself. Before the game one of the sideline reporters said a SF defensive player said their game plan was to stop the run and make Dak beat them. Well, look at the results. Prior to the game he was 17th highest Qb in passing. It's lower than that now.
Of course, some of this is on Dak, and then some of it is on the guys that we have to stand on the sideline instead of blocking people for him or getting open for him to throw a pass to. The biggest reason for the result of last nights game, was that the San Francisco 49ers are put together by the front office and know what the hell they're doing. That has nothing to do with whether Dak is worth a ****. I had a feeling I knew this was gonna happen before this game started, primarily because San Francisco is much more talented than Dallas is across the board. I am not a Dallas Cowboys fan at all. I'm a Dak fan, and I won't apologize for that, but being his fan has nothing to do with his performance last night before they kicked off.

The Cowboys were a walking IR team thoroughly beat up, and the San Francisco 49ers were firing on all cylinders with some of the most talented players at the skill position in pro football.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Of course, some of this is on Dak, and then some of it is on the guys that we have to stand on the sideline instead of blocking people for him or getting open for him to throw a pass to. The biggest reason for the result of last nights game, was that the San Francisco 49ers are put together by the front office and know what the hell they're doing. That has nothing to do with whether Dak is worth a ****. I had a feeling I knew this was gonna happen before this game started, primarily because San Francisco is much more talented than Dallas is across the board. I am not a Dallas Cowboys fan at all. I'm a Dak fan, and I won't apologize for that, but being his fan has nothing to do with his performance last night before they kicked off.

The Cowboys were a walking IR team thoroughly beat up, and the San Francisco 49ers were firing on all cylinders with some of the most talented players at the skill position in pro football.
That's not entirely true. The secondary is a little banged up and that's complicated by losing Diggs for the year but their entire OL was healthy with all five starters in the same lineup for the first time since 2021. On that OL 3 of their 5 starters have made the pro bowl and are considered very solid players. The D front seven is pretty dadgum good too. I think the problem in Dallas is their secondary, WR group in general, Dak's inconsistency and McCarthy.

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
This is a fact. Jerry was too stupid to stay out of Jimmy's way and let him create a dynasty. Too egotistical.
Dallas' playoff record in 5 years with Johnson was 7-1, Please recall that he inherited a sh-t sandwich in 1989. This does NOT include the two years following in 1994 and 1995 in which Jimmy basically gifted Switzer a championship team. How Switzer could screw that up in 94 is still a great mystery. Since Switzer left, Dallas is 4-12 in postseason and has missed the playoffs 16 times since 1996.

I really think Jones wants to win based on his reactions in his sky box during games. But he has just surrounded himself with incompetent people (including his stupid *** son) since Johnson left because he wants to be the smartest guy in the room. Gailey, Campo, Parcells (near the end of his coaching career), Wade Phillips, Jason Garrett, McCarthy.....that's just garbage hires.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Dallas' playoff record in 5 years with Johnson was 7-1, Please recall that he inherited a sh-t sandwich in 1989. This does NOT include the two years following in 1994 and 1995 in which Jimmy basically gifted Switzer a championship team. How Switzer could screw that up in 94 is still a great mystery. Since Switzer left, Dallas is 4-12 in postseason and has missed the playoffs 16 times since 1996.

I really think Jones wants to win based on his reactions in his sky box during games. But he has just surrounded himself with incompetent people (including his stupid *** son) since Johnson left because he wants to be the smartest guy in the room. Gailey, Campo, Parcells (near the end of his coaching career), Wade Phillips, Jason Garrett, McCarthy.....that's just garbage hires.
I'd bet I can tell you how they got hired. They told Jerruh exactly what he wanted to hear (that GM move was great!), and he thought they were Hella smart and hired them immediately. Unfortunately, @SS kissing doesn't win football games.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
The trade for CMC last year shows that San Fran wants to win. Philly bringing in AJ Brown was similar. You’d never see Jerruh do that these days.

Philly and San Fran are absolutely loaded. Hurts just has to not screw up, same as Purdy. Dallas is closer to the Redskins (there, I said it) and Giants in regards to talent. CeeDee Lamb is a good receiver, but he’s the only one and he’s not a freak. No tight end to really speak of, and Pollard is a better RB than Zeeek, but that’s not saying anything. And, they lost one of their 2 elite defenders for the season…

The game last night was an awful lot like the average State-Bama game. The difference is, we don’t act like we are elite like Jerruh does. He’ll never change and never hire a GM, so I’d love to see Dak go to a competent organization while he still can. I’d sure as hell miss him here, but neither he nor any QB will ever win anything here.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
The trade for CMC last year shows that San Fran wants to win. Philly bringing in AJ Brown was similar. You’d never see Jerruh do that these days.

Philly and San Fran are absolutely loaded. Hurts just has to not screw up, same as Purdy. Dallas is closer to the Redskins (there, I said it) and Giants in regards to talent. CeeDee Lamb is a good receiver, but he’s the only one and he’s not a freak. No tight end to really speak of, and Pollard is a better RB than Zeeek, but that’s not saying anything. And, they lost one of their 2 elite defenders for the season…

The game last night was an awful lot like the average State-Bama game. The difference is, we don’t act like we are elite like Jerruh does. He’ll never change and never hire a GM, so I’d love to see Dak go to a competent organization while he still can. I’d sure as hell miss him here, but neither he nor any QB will ever win anything here.
The sad thing is someone (cough cough Dan Quinn) has cleaned up the GM side, they've been very good in the draft and FA side for a few years (though early returns on this past draft don't look great). SF just knew what they were going to do and was prepared for it. That's what well coached teams do. They should still do well the rest of the season, they just need to disguise coverages better and when it's the right time play up and dare teams to drop back and beat their pass rush and burn them deep. Cant get to the QB if they know the coverage and middle throws are open. They may see SF again, but better be much more prepared to have a shot at redemption.

Reactions: eckie1

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Dak owns some of this too so don't kid yourself. Before the game one of the sideline reporters said a SF defensive player said their game plan was to stop the run and make Dak beat them. Well, look at the results. Prior to the game he was the 17th rated passer in the league. It's lower than that now.
When a defense says they're gonna stop the run and make the other QB beat them with their arm, the assumption is they are risking leaving that other team with receivers open thinking the QB can't throw well enough or release quick enough to make them pay

How many times did you see Dallas receivers with separation? How many times did you see Dak get enough protection to wait to find an open receiver?

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login