Crazy to me to see how all the talking heads….

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
He beat Tulsa, Vandy, and MO in the Covid year along with having a DC at LSU who got fired for being stupid. There was nothing special there.
He couldn't score on Alabama and a beat teams with coaching changes coming and going on. He didn't beat good teams he just had a better schedule with coaching turnover. Struggled with KY & OM and we won't talk about Memphis. He also didn't win 9 games as a coach at State. He finished with a losing conference record like everybody else. Mullen got an insane SEC with an AL dynasty.
LOL

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
I think that many people were hopeful that the offense would be more than a one trick pony. Nobody had any clue that Marks couldn’t hit a hole, the ol would be total trash and the elimination of the dreaded splits wouldn’t matter. All this rhetoric about the RTGDF people wanted to totally flip the offense is ridiculous. People just wanted an offense that could put up more than 80 yards rushing per game and the RB didn’t have to catch 100 swing passes. Unfortunately Arnept had no clue, Barbary didn’t know how to call an offense and Noodle continued to noodle. It was a perfect storm of crap and we saw offensive levels not seen since Crooms
Everything starts in the trenches. No offensive scheme matters if you can't block. No defensive scheme matters if you can't rush the QB or stop the run.

I don't think it will be much better any time soon.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
…..are now saying there’s so much excitement and fun going on in practice, that wasn’t there there last year. Are you kidding me? The water toting was at an all time high this time last year. I even saw Rosey say that Arnett didn’t look confident at SEC media days, and they were all blowing him a year ago. It’s insane.

I’m too old for the BS, man. I don’t know what Lebby will do but you guys who pay for subscriptions, holy shlt. Just recognize the reality. The business of this stuff goes well beyond NIL.
The same happens at a company when new management takes over or when a new Politician takes over in governments. In all three cases you are usually disappointed.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Speak for yourself assclown. “Nobody had any clue”. BULLLLLLSHIZZZ

“Gotz to muh runz da bawl mane”

“Gotz to have muh BaLaNcE”

Reasonable people knew that we had a real, elite coach in 2022. We replaced him in MSU fashion with a guy who thought he could do it better and had the support of the mouth breathers, mainly because we were scared we’d lose him. So Miss Stake.

We’d have been better with Spurrier Jr running the show and Jett Johnson calling the defense from the huddle.
Elite coaches win championships. Most of them get hired by Elite teams where they win them. A very few create a team, usually over a long period, from scratch that wins one, like Bobby Bowden.

Last edited:

patdog

May 28, 2007
Elite coaches win championships. Most of them get hired by Elite teams where they win them. A very few create a team, usually over a long period, from scratch that wins one, like Bobby Bowden.
Elite coaches don’t spend 30+ years at Texas Tech, Washington St & Mississippi State. He was a good coach though. Better than any we’ve had since the 1950s other than Mullen & Sherrill.

Reactions: L4Dawg

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
I had a feeling when everyone but our media did not have high hopes for that team. I think a big difference in Lebby is the national media actually likes the hire.
Do they? I don’t think they do.

On3: tier 3 of 4

CBS (but it’s Sallee so hard to take it seriously)

USA Today: 24th out of 25

The Athletic: 13th out of 15 in power five

247- Marcello gave it a B+, so that’s positive. He also gave 11 an A-, A or A+ so we are in the middle for him.

Fox Sports, where everyone goes to get college football content, has it as a D, the worst of the 18 hires that had been made when it was written.

Reactions: Guy From Gulfport

patdog

May 28, 2007

247- Marcello gave it a B+, so that’s positive. He also gave 11 an A-, A or A+ so we are in the middle for him.

Fox Sports, where everyone goes to get college football content, has it as a D, the worst of the 18 hires that had been made when it was written.
Damn! I’m not a fan of the hire. But it’s not that bad. USA Today’s rankings seem to be in random order. They’ve got a few pretty mediocre hires ranked near the top.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I'll go out on a limb and say we have a top 30 or so offense and top 60 defense this year in P4. Could see the offense a little slow to click but be good if we avoid injuries.

Last edited:

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

Couldn’t find a lot from 23, but the 2 I saw had Deion 1 and 5 overall. I’m sure when he leaves CO with a .400 record they will point to elevating the programs profile and other intangibles that don’t matter compared to wins and losses. Granted we could go 11-1 with their schedule this year.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Elite coaches don’t spend 30+ years at Texas Tech, Washington St & Mississippi State. He was a good coach though. Better than any we’ve had since the 1950s other than Mullen & Sherrill.
This. Good but not elite.

Also prior to coaching at State; I knew who he was but didn't follow him close enough to know him well. However I think in his time at State, I figured out why he didn't get the Tennessee job or something similar.

Gezzz I hope Lebby wins so we can move on.

Reactions: patdog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Leach was an elite coach. He didn’t get a shot at the big time because he was different. Different scares a lot of the sheep, but every now and again, an AD or head coach will take a chance on different and it usually works out.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Elite coach? A guy that doesn’t have the winning % to be in the HOF is elite?? this board never ceases to amaze

• Sad

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I kinda like the fact that nobody likes his hiring. Means that he feels like he's gonna be behind the eight ball right from the start so I know he's gonna be working his *** off. We'll find out this season if the guy and his staff like to work or not. I don't remember us having such a rough road schedule. Ever...

We'll see. If writers were such prominent experts, they would probably be something other than writers.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
I kinda like the fact that nobody likes his hiring. Means that he feels like he's gonna be behind the eight ball right from the start so I know he's gonna be working his *** off. We'll find out this season if the guy and his staff like to work or not. I don't remember us having such a rough road schedule. Ever...

We'll see. If writers were such prominent experts, they would probably be something other than writers.
Yeah. Same with Sportscasters. They so low on the news totem poll they get less time than the weather girl or guy. If they were so hot, they would come on first!😳😳😳

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Leach was an elite coach. He didn’t get a shot at the big time because he was different. Different scares a lot of the sheep, but every now and again, an AD or head coach will take a chance on different and it usually works out.

I wouldn't call Leach an elite coach. He was an innovator and should be in HOF for that alone. Bellard was the same.

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
I havent been this excited over a coaching hire but twice in my days since I started MSU fall of 95....Mullen was the other....Lebby is going to be a big time coach....he is young, commands respect, gives respect.....has the pedigree...and is the son of a head coach....there is a reason UM was going to go after him if Kiffin had left ......

Now, will it show this year? We play 5 games against top 15 opponents and 4 of them are on the road.....6 against top 20 opponents.....he doesnt have the roster he needs this year, much like Mullen in year 1.....I think he will roll in due time....he is going to be a big time head coach, but he will have to succeed here first, and I believe he will.

Oct 17, 2023
National media never thinks we're going to be any good. They didn't even give us much hype in 2014. If I remember correctly, many picked us to go 6-6 even in 2015.

We would have been a good team last year with Leach. The problem, as we all know, is that Hard Head Arnett and his brigade thought they were the reason those Leach teams were good, so they changed everything, and look what we got. And all the media and most of our fans just ate it up.....right until that opening game.

Now, we're hearing that everything has changed, etc., yet again, and things were so bad last year. The only truth in the whole deal is that it's all bullshlt.
I agree with everything here, but the that most of our fans ate it up. Almost everyone I know wanted the offense to stay the same and thought if we were going to promote one of our assistants it should have been from the offensive side.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Almost everyone I know wanted the offense to stay the same and thought if we were going to promote one of our assistants it should have been from the offensive side.
Well you are friends with smart people then, and not the majority of the State message boards and talking heads.

• Haha
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login