Creative ways of building Nil coffers

Whart

Oct 8, 2021
Played a round of golf with a mega donor of the OKST program over the weekend. We chatted about many things related to fundraising and biz in general. He spoke of how OKST is leveraging facilities to assist with nil. A super successful new endeavor is they have allowed the stadium to be used for concerts this next April. Working with two country music acts they have sold out ( already) four shows totaling 184,000 tickets ! This should net out a very healthy chunk of change for nil. I like that we have had and will have various smaller events to support nil. Question: Are we aware of any upcoming events of a more substantial nature similar to this concert idea solely dedicated to nil ?

Reactions: LionJim

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
Well, Beaver stadium was sold out for Luke Combs this spring.

As more venues enter the competition for the few Mega acts available, I would think Penn State and The Facilities folks would be happy to have two concerts per year. Doubtful anything in the way of concerts is on the horizon given the west side rebuild.

Whart

Oct 8, 2021
Well, Beaver stadium was sold out for Luke Combs this spring.

As more venues enter the competition for the few Mega acts available, I would think Penn State and The Facilities folks would be happy to have two concerts per year. Doubtful anything in the way of concerts is on the horizon given the west side rebuild.
Question: Was the Combs concert net revenue distribution 100% towards nil or to the University General Fund with a portion given to nil ?

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
Question: Was the Combs concert net revenue distribution 100% towards nil or to the University General Fund with a portion given to nil ?
No idea @Whart and you ask a good question. My assumption is it went to the general fund and/ or something carved out for the Athletic Department/ stadium rebuild.

I doubt anything went to NIL.

Reactions: Whart

Whart

Oct 8, 2021
I would imagine that if the University is serious about supporting one of its largest Revenue generators it will make its facilities available for events ( like concerts….monster trucks….motocross events etc etc) that a lions share of net proceeds will benefit nil. Just sayin….

JWB389

Oct 7, 2021
Not that it matters any more, but isn’t that still against the rules? Schools paying players directly?

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login