Crissy Froyd is mad that State isn’t running the Air Raid anymore.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Really bad hot takes ensue.
Hadnt heard of her or of Cowbell Corner.
Pretty sure I will forget about both by the time I wake up tomorrow.

I see she mastered at least one of the 9 necessary IG college poses.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
The Air Raid requires a good receiver core to be functional. By 'good' I mean good compared to the players that are opposing them on the other team.

Our receivers were good enough to prevail against non-SEC opponents but struggled too much against solid SEC defenses and it limited what the offense could do. That IS the limitation of the Air Raid.

In 2021, when we had one or two really solid receivers that could actually get open against SEC defenses we were a pretty solid offense. Last year we struggled because none of our guys were good enough to make a difference against stronger opponents.
It also requires your qb to be almost perfect every game. Too much on one player. Then your receivers sll have to on too. If they have the drops it's over. If qb is off it's over. If line can't pass block it's over. D line pinned their ears back

Reactions: patdog

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Uh, no offense we have ever run or ever will run will work effectively against elite SEC defenses. It’s about talent, and we are historically lacking in offensive skill position talent.
Yep, the high dollar teams will always recover against any scheme offense. Passes that were completed against other teams were intercepted against Bummer and UGA.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I mean it should be pretty tough to screw up a bunch of 24 year old offensive linemen, a 4th year starting QB, Tulu, Robinson, Woody, etc.
Oh boy, you've done it now saying that. The dead injuns under Davis Wade all in unison just said "hold my beer"........

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
Really bad hot takes ensue.

1. I'm happy to have Barbay and the new offense.
2. We scored more points per game last year than all but like 3 or 4 teams in the history of MSU football. I looked it up months ago but can't remember exactly. So maybe the issue is just us and the type of player we tend to get and not the air raid.
3. I'm thankful to Leach for not only the air raid, but for making the right hires to allow for the defense to be successful and for running a tight ship so that we hardly ever heard about discipline issues. The guy just knew how to run a program. Hopefully Arnett soaked in that knowledge, because we've seen what happens with a coach that doesn't know how to run a program (Moorhead.)

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I hate to bust her bubble more but I had a long talk with a former player last night. He said we're the softest team he's ever seen (been to spring practices). Said they've been allowed to get away with a lot of stuff Dan Mullen would've ripped them a new one for. Said a coach said we're soft too and they're wanting that changed. Specifically pointed out the offensive side and OL. Said they get dominated in practice (we saw it in spring game too). I won't tell everything that was said, but he said a good portion of this team couldn't play for a coach like Mullen. (Also said Mullen was an ******* but respected how he did things).

patdog

May 28, 2007
I hate to bust her bubble more but I had a long talk with a former player last night. He said we're the softest team he's ever seen (been to spring practices). Said they've been allowed to get away with a lot of stuff Dan Mullen would've ripped them a new one for. Said a coach said we're soft too and they're wanting that changed. Specifically pointed out the offensive side and OL. Said they get dominated in practice (we saw it in spring game too). I won't tell everything that was said, but he said a good portion of this team couldn't play for a coach like Mullen. (Also said Mullen was an ******* but respected how he did things).
This does not come as much of a surprise.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Who is this directed at, Barbay/Arnett or Leach?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I’m confused. Are you talking about presently or under Leach?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Man I agree with some of your stuff and have realized over time that we 'hear' the same things from time to time, but this is just idiotic. Moorhead was soft. Leach was not. And at minimum, even if Arnett and Co actually WERE soft (which nobody believes they are), the Leach culture will at least spill over for a year, just like Mullen's did with Moorhead's first year.

The OL is 24 years old, like I said before. Soft is one thing they aren't going to be.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Any chance that this is just Millennials looking down on the Gen-Zers and saying "wuhl, back in mah day, we wouldnta got away with all this" the same way Gen-Xers did Millennials and the way Boomers did Gen-Xers and the way the Greatest Generation did to Boomers and the same way that Gen-Zers will inevitably do to Gen Alpha?

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
From everything I've read it doesn't seem we are scrapping things 100% like some insinuate.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Any chance that this is just Millennials looking down on the Gen-Zers and saying "wuhl, back in mah day, we wouldnta got away with all this" the same way Gen-Xers did Millennials and the way Boomers did Gen-Xers and the way the Greatest Generation did to Boomers and the same way that Gen-Zers will inevitably do to Gen Alpha?
Of course it is.

Reactions: Dawgg

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Considering he finished less than 5 seasons ago, no.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I thought this thread was going to be about christian ford and why he transferred

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Of course it is.
the sandlot wtf GIF

Reactions: jethreauxdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login