Crowd was terrible today. Thanks Stricklin and Cohen.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
And tickets were basically sold.
Peace Out Goodbye GIF by Karsten Torebjer

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
It’s a fair point, though…. An empty upper bowl on senior day when we could have wrapped up a manageable seed. Jans is way better than Ray or Howland, but not sure he’s ever gonna make anything happen. We don’t play defense and are soft on offense…. That’s almost totally reverse of last season.

Reactions: SorryDog

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Spring break anyone ?
The ones that care, the ones that cheer were there. The absentee fans are definitely the "sit DOWN" crowd. Never did understand coming to a basketball game and insisting that everyone stay seated all game long.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It was spring break, yes. But this wouldn’t happen at Kentucky or Louisville, remember that.

I get that we aren’t them, but if we aspire to be, have to act like it. We didn’t. You reap what you sow, come at me bro.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It was spring break, yes. But this wouldn’t happen at Kentucky or Louisville, remember that.

I get that we aren’t them, but if we aspire to be, have to act like it. We didn’t. You reap what you sow, come at me bro.

Might want to rethink Louisville. When your teams lose your attendance is going to suffer, no matter where you are. Louisville is in their Rick Ray phase right now...

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Might want to rethink Louisville. When your teams lose your attendance is going to suffer, no matter where you are. Louisville is in their Rick Ray phase right now...

This is the worst era in their history. Next question please. Insert any other historical basketball program.

You know what I’m getting at.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
This is the worst era in their history. Next question please. Insert any other historical basketball program.

You know what I’m getting at.

I didn't ask a question. I blew up one of your examples. You used a bad reference. We aren't Kentucky and Louisville is not Louisville anymore.

They're losing and their attendance is in the tank. 6k azzes in seats in a huge arena.

We are farther down the turnaround from a disasterous stretch, but without winning big (which we ain't doing) you're not going to draw big attendance consistently again until you do win big.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
The crowd was somewhat weak for a Saturday day game vs a ranked team
Most of the entire upper deck behind the goal on student end was empty.
From about the baseline all the way around to the other baseline had a good crowd. Not full by any means but good for a Wednesday night game but not for the last game and on a Saturday at 1:30.

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I didn't ask a question. I blew up one of your examples. You used a bad reference. We aren't Kentucky and Louisville is not Louisville anymore.

They're losing and their attendance is in the tank. 6k azzes in seats in a huge arena.

We are farther down the turnaround from a disasterous stretch, but without winning big (which we ain't doing) you're not going to draw big attendance consistently again until you do win big.
You didn’t blow up shlt. We dont support the basketball team. Thus, we can’t expect to have big results.

Reactions: Mr. Cook

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
At what point is a banning for being a constant troll and bringing nothing worthwhile to the board in the cards?
Oh, he creates clicks. I don't know about you, but after a while, I've kind of viewed him as a caricature of a fan.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
You didn’t blow up shlt. We dont support the basketball team. Thus, we can’t expect to have big results.

Support inevitably comes when winning happens. And when you go through a long stretch of not winning, support goes away and only winning big is going to bring it back at the levels I assume you're talking about.

Being a constant bubble team does not foster excitement from many beyond the most ardent fans.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Support inevitably comes when winning happens. And when you go through a long stretch of not winning, support goes away and only winning big is going to bring it back at the levels I assume you're talking about.

Being a constant bubble team does not foster excitement from many beyond the most ardent fans.
Not if you want to go above and beyond. You want to be like everyone else? Well wait around a maybe get lucky on a coach.

Dan Mullen showed us the path. Our fanbase is too stupid to stick with it.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
Most of the entire upper deck behind the goal on student end was empty.
From about the baseline all the way around to the other baseline had a good crowd. Not full by any means but good but not good for a Wednesday night but not for the last game and on a Saturday at 1:30.
Students did not wait a day to go on spring break it seems. The rest was okay as you said but not what it should have been.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Money and smart administrators are what get you better players and coaches.

We didn’t lose the game today because of our fanbase. We lost because of our players and coaches. Great effort, but they didn’t have what it took to win. Period.
Fanbase = money, one way or the other

How do you not understand this

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
I think Jans is a good coach, they just didn’t get it done today. Blaming our fans for today’s loss is stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrueMaroonGrind

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Spring break, travel ball, and youth turkey season all collided on the same weekend
It seems like a lifetime ago, but I was always busy that weekend. Some of my greatest turkey hunting memories were made on youth turkey weekend.

Lowdog

Jan 1, 2019
You want big crowds to basketball games move MSU close to a major metropolitan area. It’s that simple. You are never going to have filled stadiums in this era of sports. First and foremost fans want to support winning teams period. Second fans like Convenience. Like driving across town or maybe a hour. TV has changed every thing you can now watch every game for relative cheap a lot more cheaper than donation to bulldog club, season ticket prices, 2.5 hour travel time one way, ridiculous hotel prices if you can find one. Third when we start a season in men’s basketball or football we start the season with the stark reality we have zero chance of winning any national championship. Heck we are excited to just make a meaningless bowl game or barely sneak into the NCAA ttourny

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Funny how you trash every former AD in the thread title except for the right one. It was under Byrne that the Hump was reseated.

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
Go ahead and prepare a similar post for the opening SEC baseball series with LSU. End of spring break week will have minimal student attendance Friday and maybe a few more on Saturday. Hopefully we'll have a good crowd Sunday when we bring out the brooms for the sweep!
1710167700334.png

Attachments

• 1710167665177.png
    1710167665177.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 0

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I'm thinking the LSU baseball series will be packed. My kid and some friends are headed back Saturday morning to catch the Saturday game. People are looking for tickets all over Facebook.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
You want big crowds to basketball games move MSU close to a major metropolitan area. It’s that simple. You are never going to have filled stadiums in this era of sports. First and foremost fans want to support winning teams period. Second fans like Convenience. Like driving across town or maybe a hour. TV has changed every thing you can now watch every game for relative cheap a lot more cheaper than donation to bulldog club, season ticket prices, 2.5 hour travel time one way, ridiculous hotel prices if you can find one. Third when we start a season in men’s basketball or football we start the season with the stark reality we have zero chance of winning any national championship. Heck we are excited to just make a meaningless bowl game or barely sneak into the NCAA ttourny
I think Vic Schaeffer would disagree with you. He came to Austin with Metropolitan over 2 million and could not fill up the gym until he started winning over 20 games.

Where is the crowd?

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I think Vic Schaeffer would disagree with you. He came to Austin with Metropolitan over 2 million and could not fill up the gym until he started winning over 20 games.

Where is the crowd?
When I lived in the atx, I used to love seeing good teams come through town. The t sips do not care about basketball at all. I could always find someone giving tix away to big games.

Lowdog

Jan 1, 2019

Where is the crowd?
I was just attempting to point out the fact that most SEC schools are either located in much bigger metropolitan areas or are close to very big metropolitan cities. Unlike Starkville Ms. I agree winning usually cures a lot.

Like I pointed out to the dad’s of some the players for Long Beach State at the Dude in 2022. One dad flew into Memphis and the other flew into Birmingham and drove to Starkville. I told them that when we pack the Dude with 12,000-16,000 most attendees have to drive minimum 2hours. Because Ms is so rural.

I also told them the the Polk story of when Cal. State’s baseball coach drives 1hour from campus for a recruiting trip he visits 8-10 prospects. When Polk drives 1 hour from MSU’s campus for recruiting he’s in the middle of nowhere.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I would love to have a rabid basketball arena, but I think we are stuck with less than half the students willing to be there and up causing a scene. Seating is part of that issue. The lower bowl should just have all the seats removed.... 😎

Because, when we see rabid at other schools, those "seated" nearest the court never seem to be on their azz. They are up and bouncing or otherwise carrying on.

That sort of crowd tells the refs, don't call this game for the visitor or we will riot. It does intimidate to some extent the visiting team. The hump isn't really a place anyone fears playing right now because the fans can be taken out of the game quickly.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login