CWS clinch / stay alive game thread

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Scott Kline is behind the plate today, so we should be assured of some entertainment.
It's annoying when the announcers show the ball off the plate and defend the umpire as if they don't know the A&M pitcher was given that strike call off the plate in the top half to Dreiling on a 1-0 count that resulted in a strikeout with a runner in scoring position.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Thank you to the sideline reporter who showed Beam's girlfriend next to another girl and specified which one Beam's girlfriend was.

• Haha
Reactions: HomeBoyDawg

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Three straight leadoff batters on for Tennessee. No runs so far. A&M flirting with danger.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Tennessee coaches and players are the ******** that other fanbases hate but their fans love.
Agree, as would we but yes Moore's not a real likeable guy. BTW, does he get to hit 3 times through the line up? Seems he's always at bat or on deck.

Reactions: TNDawg1

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I mean, they won the women’s basketball national championship like 10 years ago. I’m not sure winning the MCWS is a bigger deal than that on a national scale.
on a national scale is irrelevant to Pate’s point. A CWS is a lot bigger deal to A&M fans.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I'm guessing the two most expensive rosters are playing in the finals. 6th year seniors for A&M as well. Tenn looks less than average

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
on a national scale is irrelevant to Pate’s point. A CWS is a lot bigger deal to A&M fans.
Is it? I live in Texas and know a ton of A&M fans. When I mentioned the College World Series, most of them were like “oh, we’re good in baseball? I wasn’t aware.”

Kind of like OU fans two years ago.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Is it? I live in Texas and know a ton of A&M fans. When I mentioned the College World Series, most of them were like “oh, we’re good in baseball? I wasn’t aware.”

Kind of like OU fans two years ago.
How do they respond when you mention women's basketball?

You could be right. I just looked up how much they're paying their women's basketball coach. $1.5 million to a coach that has never made a Sweet Sixteen. Sheesh.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
I usually get tired of the constant player parents shot but have been getting a kick out of dad .... one sunflower seed at a time.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Tennessee's pitching is doing everything it can. It's hard to believe Tennessee hasn't been able to score to this point in A&M's bullpen game.

Reactions: MSUDOG24

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
How do they respond when you mention women's basketball?

You could be right. I just looked up how much they're paying their women's basketball coach. $1.5 million to a coach that has never made a Sweet Sixteen. Sheesh.
They would respond about the same, which I guess is why I was refuting the tweet.

There were actually a lot of people that wanted Joni Taylor here after Vic and then again after NMP while she was at Georgia. She’s from Meridian originally.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
That was… large.

Tennessee gets Cortez out, takes off bunt after two balls, and hits into an inning-ending double play with Christian Moore on deck.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
A&M's pitcher allowed four runs and recorded two outs in the SEC regular season. I wonder how long they will go with him in a 1-run game.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Schloss better win tomorrow if he doesn’t want to be heavily scrutinized for how he has managed this series so far.

Oct 7, 2022
I can’t even give a reason, but I’m watching this as if Tenn is OM. I really dislike them, most especially Vitello, 1b and 2b.
I got to see them up close and personal the first game of their auburn series. The first 2 things that hit me were 1) they’ve got to be juicing. They look like the turn sideways to get through the door a holes you always run across at the gym and 2) douchebag antics. Several times during the game I was hoping a fight would break out and the majority of the auburn people would come out of the stands and beat them to a pulp.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login