D1 Baseball Pre-Season Top 25

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Considering last season, not a shocker at all.

You got to show you belong.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
7 SEC teams in the top 10. And two years away from a natty… MSU can’t crack the top 25.

Figures Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Considering last season, not a shocker at all.

You got to show you belong.
Nevermind last season was due 100% to an insane number of injuries. We're a better team than USM who lost their pitching (and that was all they had).

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Wake Forest? WTF?
They’re seen as a sleeper CWS pick this season according to a D1Baseball poll that was posted on Facebook behind East Carolina & Campbell (what is it about the North Carolina schools...)

Last edited:

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I don't follow college baseball closely but how in the actual 17 has LSU never been a preseason #1?

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I don't follow college baseball closely but how in the actual 17 has LSU never been a preseason #1?

Because D1 has only been around 9 years.

The beauty of college baseball is that these things don’t matter at all. They do in FB. Big year for Fox. Enough arm talent to mold into a staff.

Also I told some of y’all OM would host this year. D1 thinks so too.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle
Nov 29, 2017
Per usual they got Florida high. I never understood the love affair they have with them. Can’t believe bama made the rankings either.

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Is leaving the team with the most fans, largest attendance, and best atmosphere out of the rankings really good for d-1 baseball though?

seems like the same thing happened in football. Unranked all year behind tsun and then lo and behold at the end of the year they were in the top 5 out of 14 sec teams. And in the top 20 overall.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
Just announced pre-season rankings. After last year, it's not shocking...and it's really not important I guess.... but we should expect to always be on this list.

I’m a little surprised not to be ranked after we were top 5 in transfer class and freshman class rankings.
But we were the worst team in the conference last year so it’s not surprising. If we deserve it, we’ll be there soon enough.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
They’re seen as a sleeper CWS pick this season according to a D1Baseball poll that was posted on Facebook behind East Carolina & Campbell (what is it about the North Carolina schools...)
Did they dominate the portal? They finished unranked last season, so I'm guessing it's not based of returning talent alone.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Because D1 has only been around 9 years.

The beauty of college baseball is that these things don’t matter at all. They do in FB. Big year for Fox. Enough arm talent to mold into a staff.

Also I told some of y’all OM would host this year. D1 thinks so too.
Thanks for the clarification

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Did they dominate the portal? They finished unranked last season, so I'm guessing it's not based of returning talent alone.
Six transfers and 13 incoming freshmen to a team that made the regionals last year according to this 247 article: Link.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
We didn't win the pre-season poll. Darn. Might as well hang up the cleats this season.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
If State doesn't make post season a coaching search should began the day after.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Just announced pre-season rankings. After last year, it's not shocking...and it's really not important I guess.... but we should expect to always be on this list.

Looks about right. OM is a little high to me, even though they return their entire starting CWS pitching rotation. If they find a replacement for Elko and a few others, then yeah, it's probably ok to rank them high. I would have had them at about #10. OM will only have to sweat Tommy John from visiting them like it happened to us. LSU, indeed should sweep through the conference like UGA did in football. Not much drama there. They struck gold when they got Jay Johnson from Arizona.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Is leaving the team with the most fans, largest attendance, and best atmosphere out of the rankings really good for d-1 baseball though?

seems like the same thing happened in football. Unranked all year behind tsun and then lo and behold at the end of the year they were in the top 5 out of 14 sec teams. And in the top 20 overall.

It's gotten them quite a few clicks from that fambase.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Glad we won that Natty when we did. There are a lot of good SEC programs, including Ole Miss, that attract top talent and programs with more NIL money than we have. We used to be able to count on good to really good baseball seasons. Lemonis will have to recruit better and coach better. Ole Miss and Arky got the good freshman pitchers last year out of Mississippi. We didn't. We can't pitch the Ole Miss never won a Natty line to recruits. LSU now has the cash to get who they want. Freshman can get enough NIL money, and college hotties, to put off the minor leagues for a few years. The SEC is just brutal. We'll see if reputation, a nice stadium and fan support are enough to sway young talent to choose State over some other SEC school.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Glad we won that Natty when we did. There are a lot of good SEC programs, including Ole Miss, that attract top talent and programs with more NIL money than we have. We used to be able to count on good to really good baseball seasons. Lemonis will have to recruit better and coach better. Ole Miss and Arky got the good freshman pitchers last year out of Mississippi. We didn't. We can't pitch the Ole Miss never won a Natty line to recruits. LSU now has the cash to get who they want. Freshman can get enough NIL money, and college hotties, to put off the minor leagues for a few years. The SEC is just brutal. We'll see if reputation, a nice stadium and fan support are enough to sway young talent to choose State over some other SEC school.

Apropos of that...

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Scratch Football school, Basketball school, Baseball school

What does that leave, women's golf??

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login