Daily Journal Article......Doc's Missteps

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
an accepted reference in journalism circles. I say let the light shine in and expose them for what they are.

redfish66

Nov 15, 2005
....they are some individuals who donate millions each year to the University and expect a little consideration in return. hate them if you want to but all Universitys need them.

3000lbchicken

May 1, 2006
<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Tahoma','sans-serif'">>>>>He also was criticized for personal use of the university jet.

As opposed to everyone on campus using it regularly for trips - in the state. I know because I was on it several times. Not my decision.

>>>>>"He began to make mistakes that alienated people," Goodman observed. "He stopped listening. >>>>>He didn't lead. He tried to order the university."

Got tired of bitching. When all you do is *****, the only response is to take control and order. The thing about him I liked is he fixed things at the source.

>>>>>Indiscreet e-mails to faculty and parents.
I can't agree with him communicating this way. The only thing I didn't like about him.

>>>>>The public's objections to brown paint as a campus accent color.
As opposed to slime green and algae growing on retainer walls and rusty buildings and structures. Yeah.

>>>>>Surveillance of vandalized MSU signage.
Well??

>>>>>Criticism from architecture students after his orders to remove their windowbox projects from public view.
I don't know what to think of that. Maybe he thought it looked like a ****-pile of mess and it needed to be straightened up; like a General is supposed to think. A bit overboard though.

>>>>>Daffodil bulbs removed throughout the campus.
Jeez. Really people?</span></p>

MSUCE99

Nov 15, 2005
<font face="Tahoma" size="2">- Surveillance of vandalized MSU signage.</font>
<font face="Tahoma" size="2">What the hell was this all about? Did Doc recon up and crack out the ol' Spy Tech gadgets? I missed it.

</font>

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
<font face="Tahoma" size="2">Foglesong also reportedly made decisions pertaining to projects supported by influential alumni without consulting them.</font>
<font face="Tahoma" size="2">
That's not referring to the cigar boys, either. That's referring to guys who live in places like Houston, TX and southern Louisiana.
</font>

MadDawg.sixpack

May 22, 2006
that will be intimindated by the faculty and students. We need a president that would shake in fear of the prospect of being the subject of facebook criticism. Then everyone will be happy.

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
My cousin who goes to State now was complaining about this last weekend. Why was everyone so opposed to that? I never understood that. Having a uniform color and actually using it is better than having rust and random colors everywhere. Of course, the students that are complaining weren't there in circa 2000 so they don't see the huge difference between now and then.

jackobee

Mar 10, 2008
The person that wrote that story is a very big UM fan. Her son wrote the story in the Meridian Star a few years back that castigated Stansbury after he was thrown out of a game.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login