Dak's contract...everything you ever wanted to know

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
The is a weird deal going on with NFL media now that if you have not won a Super Bowl by a certain time you should blow up the QB spot (which means blowing up your roster). The only QBs that have not taken their team to a Super Bowl that seem to be spared from this mindset is Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson.

I dont get it. Maybe I’m just misremembering, but I don’t remember media suggesting Miami should move off Marino, or chargers should move off Philip rivers… I’m sure there are other examples as well.

Coming from a dolphins fan that has watched 20 years of bad to mediocre QB play, I can recognize the that Tua probably won’t win a Super Bowl unless a lot goes right, but I’m not ready to blow up the team to hope to get something better than Tua.

Reactions: Mr. Cook and patdog

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
NFL teams do not like rolling the dice. If they think they have something that works, they'll run it in the ground, even if it won't win the whole thing.

Reactions: Mr. Cook and patdog

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
The is a weird deal going on with NFL media now that if you have not won a Super Bowl by a certain time you should blow up the QB spot (which means blowing up your roster). The only QBs that have not taken their team to a Super Bowl that seem to be spared from this mindset is Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson.

I dont get it. Maybe I’m just misremembering, but I don’t remember media suggesting Miami should move off Marino, or chargers should move off Philip rivers… I’m sure there are other examples as well.

Coming from a dolphins fan that has watched 20 years of bad to mediocre QB play, I can recognize the that Tua probably won’t win a Super Bowl unless a lot goes right, but I’m not ready to blow up the team to hope to get something better than Tua.
Agreed. Dak gets so much criticism where he’s clearly not the issue on that roster.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
He played pretty mediocre in the first half against Green Bay. But he wasn't the reason they lost. That Dallas defense couldn't get off the field all night. They really need to shore up that secondary and get Parsons some help rushing the passer.

Not according to Ceedee Lamb's mom.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
That is a good observation.

My memory is the media referred to Marino as the best QB to never win a Super Bowl. Dan Fouts, although not reaching a Super Bowl, was held in high regard as well.

If both played today, both would be labeled as not good enough to win his team the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
Reactions: patdog

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Both BUF and BAL are smaller market teams. Not sure if that has an impact.
I think the media speculation is just that. It gets into analysis paralysis. Sports media is a microcosm of what we see with world event news.
You need a good coach and a QB at one to have a chance. Brady and Belichick perfected that.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Respectfully disagree. The lack of a running game for the Cowboys and coaching was the main problem for the Cowboys tactically.

Strategically, it Jones himself.
Dallas' problems are as follows:

Ownership meddles too much.

Defense can't stop the run.

Offensive line is waaaay overrated and has been for years.

Pollard took a big step backwards, though could be a result of the poor run blocking.

WR room needs another young talent. Cooks is a solid 3rd option but he's getting old; Gallop and Tolbert don't inspire confidence.

They continue to be one of the most penalized teams in the league.

LOTRGOTDAWGFAN

May 23, 2022
Dak will never get a ring in dallas with antiquated ownership, incompetent coaching, and pathetic defenses. Make ur bank and go home to Starkville

boatsandhoes

Sep 6, 2012
As a cowgirls fan, we have an entitlement problem. A team full of me first, selfish players. Jones is the lead problem because he creates that environment. We are a team of cry baby, drama queen, powder puffs.

we will never win a thing as long as the jones own the team. The only way is if he hired a professional GM, a coach with his own set of balls, and he will never do that.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login