Dallas & Dak

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
A slight silver lining to what appears to be a "challenging" Bulldog season ahead.

For those of us who have adopted the Boys as our pro team, this unit appears to be the real deal and Dak looks very good with McCarthy calling the plays this year.

Through two games vs the NY teams. Avg score 35-5.

Dak taking a backseat to the D first week and carving up a tough Jets D today.

Much tougher challenges ahead, but this may be fun to watch.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
They’re an easy Playoff team again unless they totally poop the bed. Being in the same division as Philly is a challenge though.

If the NFC Super Bowl team isn’t Philly, San Fran, or Dallas, I’ll be very surprised.

Cowboys at Niners in a few weeks already shaping up to be a huge early season game. And I think it’s the NBC prime time game, too.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
He did a very good job only saw one pass that he did not throw well at all, but I was watching on Redzone.

31-38 for 255 yds and 2 TDs is not bad.

Reactions: She Mate Me

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
The only negative that I saw was that they kicked five field goals. Several of those FGs started as first and goal.

Jets are stout on D.

And I think Dallas coaches were honest in their efforts to reduce Dak's turnovers with less aggressive play calling. With the D they've obviously got this year, conservative makes sense on O in all but the toughest games.

sfnsfn

Apr 3, 2020
The only negative that I saw was that they kicked five field goals. Several of those FGs started as first and

After Zack Martin got hurt, the cowboys went very conservative. So At that point, both Cowboys starting guards were out of the game. One of the backups is an UDFA.

Cowboys were already up big and there was no need to risk getting Dak murdered by Q Williams in game that was already settled.

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
Many NFL players never disappoint in their ability to make tremendous amounts of money and then find the stupidest ways possible to blow most all of it.
It would take a lot more than some ugly suits to break Dak financially. He has already made over $100 million in career earnings plus no telling how much in endorsements as well. He's also going to get a new contract this coming offseason and he has tons of leverage to potentially become the highest paid player in NFL history. If not the highest, then certainly close to it.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...ones-in-contract-checkmate-and-jerry-knows-it

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Yeah, they defintely have to finish the drives and not settle for field goals.
I like Pollard a lot, but I feel like Dallas is running him like a typical 3 down back, and he’s just not the type RB that’s going to run guys over or push piles. I didn’t feel like the playcalling yesterday gave TP much of a chance to shine, but it’s just week 2, so maybe he’ll eventually prove that I’m an idiot

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
Yeah, they defintely have to finish the drives and not settle for field goals.
Look for more of this with McCarthy calling the plays. He basically said they are more concerned with winning games rather than how many points the offense scores. If you can stay ahead by kicking FGs then FGs it is.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It would take a lot more than some ugly suits to break Dak financially. He has already made over $100 million in career earnings plus no telling how much in endorsements as well. He's also going to get a new contract this coming offseason and he has tons of leverage to potentially become the highest paid player in NFL history. If not the highest, then certainly close to it.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...ones-in-contract-checkmate-and-jerry-knows-it

I wasn't really directing that at Dak, even though it was his pic in question.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
A slight silver lining to what appears to be a "challenging" Bulldog season ahead.

For those of us who have adopted the Boys as our pro team, this unit appears to be the real deal and Dak looks very good with McCarthy calling the plays this year.

Through two games vs the NY teams. Avg score 35-5.

Dak taking a backseat to the D first week and carving up a tough Jets D today.

Much tougher challenges ahead, but this may be fun to watch.
My only regret is that Rogers wasn’t able to play. Would have been great to see Dak finally beat that guy.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Look for more of this with McCarthy calling the plays. He basically said they are more concerned with winning games rather than how many points the offense scores. If you can stay ahead by kicking FGs then FGs it is.
Yep. I thought Romo was VERY complimentary of Dak yesterday and illustrated several times how the footwork and McCarthy's playcalling will help him succeed this year. But he's definitely not going to have many 40-50 yard attempt games like he has had in the past.

I thought he made a couple of throws that were off, but hell he started the game hitting 13. It's funny how Dak gets so criticized by the media and is railed on so much more when he's not perfect compared to the others. So far this season Burrow, Mahomes, and Allen have looked VERY average and you don't hear any criticism of them compared to what has been thrown at Dak in previous years.

Reactions: msstatelp1

Muttley

Aug 22, 2012
I can understand doing what it takes to stay ahead, but I think seinfeld is correct about Pollard not being the guy that can punch it in the end zone inside the 5 or so

Reactions: msstatelp1
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login