Dallas gonna hire Belichick?

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Not sure who deserves the blame, perhaps the entire team including coaches. This has been a pitiful effort for Dallas.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Vrabel wouldn’t be any worse than they currently have to me. Harbaugh could make sense also.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Vrabel would be who I would go after. The Cowboys D has really benefited all season from opponents being down early. The Cowboys DL is built for speed rushing and not stopping the run. Their DB’s are scared of contact and don’t like coming up and stopping the run.

Reactions: mdm3045

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
This isn’t on Dak at all. It’s a cultural problem within the organization. There isn’t an answer for the cowboys unless it involves new ownership and management.

This game is certainly on Dak. His play in the 1st half dug the 27 point deficit.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008
That’s an easy, lame excuse. Dak wasn’t his best but I could’ve sworn the Dallas D got manhandled the first half too, especially opening drive. Lamb over there pouting and not finishing plays.

McCarthy has been known to be awful in the playoffs and tonight was no different. Several of the play calls were so conservative and obvious. Came out trying to establish the run like it was 1993.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
They scored 42 offensive points, but it was Daks fault...lol
Nice homer hot take.

DAL 1st drive: 18 yards rushing, 1-2 passing, 0 yards (0-1 on 3rd down conversions) Result: PUNT

DAL 2nd drive: 1-3, 5 yards, INT in DAL red zone (19 Yd line) - GB goes on to score a TD, GB Up 14-0

DAL 3rd drive: 2-3 passing, 26 yds, sacked for -6, 1-2 on 3rd down conversions. Result: PUNT

DAL 4th drive: 4-6 passing, 35 yds, Pick 6 INT, 1-1 on 3rd down conversions. GB Up 27-0

In the 1st 4 drives Dak was 8-14, 66 yds pass, 2 INTs, 2-4 on 3rd, and sacked once for -6. Hardly helping the cause.

Reactions: dog12 and Maroon13

boatsandhoes

Sep 6, 2012
This isn’t on Dak at all. It’s a cultural problem within the organization. There isn’t an answer for the cowboys unless it involves new ownership and management.
150%

it’s a massive culture problem created by Jerry jones.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Nice homer hot take.

DAL 1st drive: 18 yards rushing, 1-2 passing, 0 yards (0-1 on 3rd down conversions) Result: PUNT

DAL 2nd drive: 1-3, 5 yards, INT in DAL red zone (19 Yd line) - GB goes on to score a TD, GB Up 14-0

DAL 3rd drive: 2-3 passing, 26 yds, sacked for -6, 1-2 on 3rd down conversions. Result: PUNT

DAL 4th drive: 4-6 passing, 35 yds, Pick 6 INT, 1-1 on 3rd down conversions. GB Up 27-0

In the 1st 4 drives Dak was 8-14, 66 yds pass, 2 INTs, 2-4 on 3rd, and sacked once for -6. Hardly helping the cause.
Yeah, love Dak but that was a bad half. Defense did nothing to help - but he didn’t do anything either. It’s a different game if Cowboys can put a drive together. That first INT was a killer. Cowboys got a stop then immediately turn it over.

Reactions: Mr. Cook

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Not sure who deserves the blame, perhaps the entire team including coaches. This has been a pitiful effort for Dallas.
Just about every game the Cowboys have lost this season has been a complete team meltdown. Not just a few plays not going their way. Not an untimely TO. Total team disaster where no one even gets off the bus.

That’s coaching.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Dak is the Will Rogers of the NFL

Just to tie all this together and come full circle

patdog

May 28, 2007
Carroll and Belichick are 70+. Hiring either of them is short term solution. I don't see Belichick working long for Jerry anyway.
A short term solution is a good solution if it works. I don’t think either of those guys are the answer though. Neither is the coach he once was.

Reactions: Muttley

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Yeah, love Dak but that was a bad half. Defense did nothing to help - but he didn’t do anything either. It’s a different game if Cowboys can put a drive together. That first INT was a killer. Cowboys got a stop then immediately turn it over.
Well said. In my opinion, the thing Dallas needed from Dak -- the thing he has been relied upon -- game management and minimizing mistakes -- was totally out the window in the first half. The defense was putrid and has been on a steady decline as the season progressed.

All the more reason that Dak needed to be what his hallmark has been all season.

I wish he was QB with a good coach like SF, DEN, or MIA. I would love to see Dak in a good system with competent coaches and management.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Nice homer hot take.

1st INT: Dak threw the ball right where he was supposed to. It was a poorly thought out route that the defender committed PI on.

2nd INT: I missed it, but I've heard the defender jumped the route.

CeeDee also dropped at least 2 catchable balls on those drives. And McCarthy spent his 1st downs running into a 5 man front D that is very strong against the run and weak against the pass.

It's not like Dak was throwing ducks out there or off on his throws. Sounds like a coaching failure. I think the best you can say is a well prepared D can confuse him or limit his options, and without elite athleticism or ability he will be forced into pressing and making mistakes.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Dak is the Will Rogers of the NFL

Just to tie all this together and come full circle
Will Ferrell Respect GIF

Reactions: 85Bears

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I’ve been listening to the local yokels on the radio all morning…. The consensus is that Fat Mike has to leave town, obviously. Most want Dak gone, but realize it would be a big salary cap hit…. So maybe one more year.

And, the other sides of their mouths fully realize that they will never be able to upgrade from Dak outside of taking a college kid. They can’t get Lamar Jackson or Mahomes. He’s runner up in the MVP this season, even with the Cowboys implosions. But, somehow he’s “not the guy”. By their logic, nobody is.

I can see it now…. They’ll hire Belichick, and things will still be awful. I’m really ready to going back to not keeping up with about this franchise…. I’d love to see Dak go somewhere that emphasizes success, not their Forbes ranking. He deserves a shot at playing for a legit franchise.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I’ve been listening to the local yokels on the radio all morning…. The consensus is that Fat Mike has to leave town, obviously. Most want Dak gone, but realize it would be a big salary cap hit…. So maybe one more year.

And, the other sides of their mouths fully realize that they will never be able to upgrade from Dak outside of taking a college kid. They can’t get Lamar Jackson or Mahomes. He’s runner up in the MVP this season, even with the Cowboys implosions. But, somehow he’s “not the guy”. By their logic, nobody is.

I can see it now…. They’ll hire Belichick, and things will still be awful. I’m really ready to going back to not keeping up with about this franchise…. I’d love to see Dak go somewhere that emphasizes success, not their Forbes ranking. He deserves a shot at playing for a legit franchise.
They got beat 48-32 & Green Bay averaged 9.4 yards per play and their problem is the QB just isn’t the guy?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login