Dallas is in on the fix

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022

I’m just catching up on seeing some of the clips. Watching it on the Jumbotron, it looked like Cooks never extended his arms. This clip shows exactly why…. He was being held like a mofo!

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing from this officiating crew.

Yep. Makes you think, especially when you ask why coaches don't get a single challenge flag for a missed penalty (that they get back if right). Lot harder to control an outcome that way.....

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
NFL is rigged. It's not debatable
Even my Packer homer friend said the same before the game…. Just the story lines that worked out over the weekend.

Of course, he also blames the refs for letting Dallas score(???). So, it’s only rigged if the Packers aren’t involved.***

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
When you see how many Green Bay Packer fans show up in San Francisco next week you'll understand by Green Bay is loved so much by the NFL. Just listen for them.

Reactions: eckie1
Nov 20, 2023
17 the NFL. I watched some Dallas games this year for Dak's sake but it is difficult when you see the money changing hands, the officiating and the way the players are great in one game but are wimps on the next. I quit watching years ago for the same reason. It is even more obvious now.
Amen I’m starting to believe exactly like you this shite makes no sense. Having a feeling Vegas control’s all of this. Either that or something F’ed up is going on. I discovered something straight up weird, before the Dallas and Green Bay game some one posted the final outcome and obviously the winner before the game was played then it was immediately taken down. As I tried to go take screenshots for proof but it was immediately pulled within a 30 secs or less than a min. Accidental post I’m certain considering it before the 17ing game. Man 17 all this garbage.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Amen I’m starting to believe exactly like you this shite makes no sense. Having a feeling Vegas control’s all of this. Either that or something F’ed up is going on. I discovered something straight up weird, before the Dallas and Green Bay game some one posted the final outcome and obviously the winner before the game was played then it was immediately taken down. As I tried to go take screenshots for proof but it was immediately pulled within a 30 secs or less than a min. Accidental post I’m certain considering it before the 17ing game. Man 17 all this garbage.
Follow the money! Al Davis was too obvious years ago. I hate to pop everyone's bubble but there is too much money changing hands to leave it to chance. It is simply entertainment.

tldawg85

Mar 28, 2008
Follow the money! Al Davis was too obvious years ago. I hate to pop everyone's bubble but there is too much money changing hands to leave it to chance. It is simply entertainment.

Not sure this makes sense. If "rigging" games for entertainment value, why would the NFL create 4 out of 6 extremely uncompetitive games instead of making them more close to give the people what they want?

45-14
26-7
48-32
24-23 (the one really good game)
31-17 (could call this one competitive if you wanted)
32-9

I don't follow the political crap-fest threads here very closely so I am unaware of individual posters' political leanings but I do wonder if there is a correlation between political leanings and feelings around the NFL being "rigged" due to the NFL's public stances.

• Haha
Reactions: Ranchdawg

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
I don't subscribe to the fix.

With that said, that game is way too hard to explain from any angle. A lot of the stats set playoff precedent for the Cowboys. And the body language of Lamb and Dak was just weird. It's almost like something happened prior to kickoff that split the whole team in half without time to process or recover.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I do wonder if there is a correlation between political leanings and feelings around the NFL being "rigged" due to the NFL's public stances.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

With that said, that game is way too hard to explain from any angle. A lot of the stats set playoff precedent for the Cowboys. And the body language of Lamb and Dak was just weird. It's almost like something happened prior to kickoff that split the whole team in half without time to process or recover.
I can explain it. They came out flat and got their a$$ beat and Dan Quinn did a Mullen mail in looking at head coaching gigs.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
I can explain it. They came out flat and got their a$$ beat and Dan Quinn did a Mullen mail in looking at head coaching gigs.
Perhaps. That would be the easiest way to explain it.

There is flat and then there is what we saw. It was across the board and not only was Dallas ranked quite a bit better in almost all areas compared to the Packers they ranked at the top of the entire NFL in several stats that were no-shows. All credit to the Packers but I've never seen any team show up so different than who they were during the season. I mean it was the Packers who had to win last game to get in. It wasn't the Niners, Balt or Bills.
Maybe the Packers are that f'n team or maybe the Cowboys were just flat. I have trouble believing either.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Perhaps. That would be the easiest way to explain it.

There is flat and then there is what we saw. It was across the board and not only was Dallas ranked quite a bit better in almost all areas compared to the Packers they ranked at the top of the entire NFL in several stats that were no-shows. All credit to the Packers but I've never seen any team show up so different than who they were during the season. I mean it was the Packers who had to win last game to get in. It wasn't the Niners, Balt or Bills.
Maybe the Packers are that f'n team or maybe the Cowboys were just flat. I have trouble believing either.
The Packers have been rolling since Thanksgiving. Love has the best QBR in the NFL since then. It’s not like it was a scrub team limping into the playoffs as a wild card, it was the exact opposite. It was a Packers team in a hot streak against a Cowboys team who hasn’t exactly played inspiring football the last few weeks of the season.

Reactions: FlotownDawg

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022

There's a gulf of difference between set outcomes with set scores, and a small number of people putting their thumb on the scale. We know the league picks the refs, instead of an an objective assignment scheme. Why?

Incompetent refs is an explanation, but then you have to explain why owners act against their interests in maintaining ref incompetence. Other than rigging, what's the benefit?

On my part, the reffing is so questionable and of such impact, that I don't see the point of being a fan anymore. You can spend years watching your team build itself to contention, them watch it all fall apart due to complete bogus calls. Some of yall may love that drama, but I don't. My fanhood was already diminished to the point that I avoided spending money to see games, it's now diminished further to where at best I will only watch if I stumble on a game, most likely ill just stop caring to even watch.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
TonyStacks--3e36304f6ada15361a1c338eb0806ed1.pngjust added another fitting picture.
There's a gulf of difference between set outcomes with set scores, and a small number of people putting their thumb on the scale. We know the league picks the refs, instead of an an objective assignment scheme. Why?

Incompetent refs is an explanation, but then you have to explain why owners act against their interests in maintaining ref incompetence. Other than rigging, what's the benefit?

On my part, the reffing is so questionable and of such impact, that I don't see the point of being a fan anymore. You can spend years watching your team build itself to contention, them watch it all fall apart due to complete bogus calls. Some of yall may love that drama, but I don't. My fanhood was already diminished to the point that I avoided spending money to see games, it's now diminished further to where at best I will only watch if I stumble on a game, most likely ill just stop caring to even watch.
After you see the NFL for what it is you will have a new perspective when you watch a game. I quit watching when the officials gave KC a game against the Raiders in a playoff game. The replay clearly showed that an official watched a fumble by a KC player that was standing and recovered by the Raiders. The official called it down. Fast forward many years. I watch a game because a friend has it on. One team drives down the field with the help of a questionable personal foul on a 3rd down play. When the other team gets the ball after making a first down they get a holding call. They get another first down and get a holding call on a play for first down. Again, they overcome it. Another holding call that results in a punt. I didn't care but it was so obvious what was going on. As a fan you tend to just write it off as bad officials or you justify it if you are a fan of the first team. It's just entertainment so don't blame the official. They are part of the entertainment experience. They make for great discussions by the multi-billion dollar NFL discussion programs the fans and gamblers watch. The drama is as big a part of the NFL as it is in WWE.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login