Damn ChatGPT…

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
So, you're essentially saying

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
Some co-workers and I have been experimenting with ChatGPT to see if there are any good use cases for our company. It can do some cool things but, as this shows, we've found that it's definitely not ready for prime time.

This one obviously wasn't one of our work-related prompts but...

View attachment 327581
Well considering how many phony national championships they claim, they probably do claim that they won that game too.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Does ChatGPT say anything about Coach34?
I tried it:

I'm sorry, but as an AI language model, I do not have access to information on all individuals on the internet. Therefore, I am unable to provide information about a specific individual with the username "Coach34." Can you please provide me with more context or information about this individual?

Also, 17 that guy.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Google Bard gave me 3 options:

draft 1:
SixPackSpeak is a message board for fans of the Mississippi State Bulldogs. It is one of the most popular message boards for the Bulldogs, and it is a great place to find information about the team, discuss games, and connect with other fans.
The message board is moderated by the Six Pack, which is a group of experienced and knowledgeable Bulldogs fans. The Six Pack is responsible for keeping the message board civil and on-topic. They also provide a lot of helpful information and resources for fans.
If you are a fan of the Mississippi State Bulldogs, I highly recommend checking out SixPackSpeak. It is a great place to find information about the team, discuss games, and connect with other fans.

Draft 2:
Sixpackspeak is a message board for fans of the Mississippi State Bulldogs. It is moderated by a group of fans who call themselves the "Six Pack." The board is a place for fans to discuss the Bulldogs' sports teams, as well as other topics related to the university.
Sixpackspeak was founded in 1999 by a group of Mississippi State alumni. The board quickly became popular with fans of the Bulldogs, and it has been a go-to source for news and discussion about the team ever since.
The Six Pack is made up of a group of dedicated fans who are passionate about the Bulldogs. They are committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for fans to discuss their team. The Six Pack also works hard to keep the board up-to-date with the latest news and information about the Bulldogs.
Sixpackspeak is a valuable resource for fans of the Mississippi State Bulldogs. It is a place where fans can come together to discuss their team, share their opinions, and connect with other fans. The Six Pack is a great way to stay up-to-date with the latest news and information about the Bulldogs, and it is a fun place to interact with other fans.

Draft 3:
Sixpackspeak is a popular message board for fans of the Mississippi State Bulldogs. It is known for its lively and passionate discussions about all things MSU sports. The board is also home to a number of talented writers and analysts who provide in-depth analysis of the team's games and players.
Sixpackspeak was founded in 2003 by a group of MSU fans who wanted to create a place where they could discuss their team with other fans. The board quickly became popular, and it has grown to be one of the largest and most active message boards for any college sports team.
Sixpackspeak is a great place for fans of the Mississippi State Bulldogs to get their news, analysis, and opinions about the team. The board is also a great place to connect with other fans and share your love of the Bulldogs.
Here are some of the things you can find on Sixpackspeak:
  • News and analysis about the Mississippi State Bulldogs
  • Discussions about the team's games and players
  • Recruiting news and analysis
  • Fan art and photos
  • Polls and surveys
  • Chat rooms
  • And more!
If you're a fan of the Mississippi State Bulldogs, then you should definitely check out Sixpackspeak. It's the best place to get your news, analysis, and opinions about the team.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I told ChatGPT there’s a man named PooPopsBaldHead and asked for the story of how he got his name:

Once upon a time in a small town, there lived a man who was well-known for his peculiar name, PooPopsBaldHead. People in the town were always intrigued by his name, but no one knew the true story behind it. One day, a curious young journalist decided to delve into PooPopsBaldHead's past and uncover the story behind his unique name.

PooPopsBaldHead, born as John, was an adventurous and mischievous child. He enjoyed exploring the woods behind his family's house and finding new ways to entertain himself. One day, when he was about 10 years old, he came across an old abandoned cabin in the woods. The cabin, long forgotten, was filled with dusty jars of various shapes and sizes. Intrigued by the mysterious contents, John started to explore and examine the jars.

One of the jars caught his eye; it was labeled "Magic Hair Growth Potion." Unable to resist the temptation, John took a small amount of the potion and applied it to his head. Much to his surprise, his hair started growing rapidly, becoming thicker and longer than he could have ever imagined. Within minutes, his hair had grown down to his knees, and he knew he had to find a way to stop it.

In a panic, John ran back home and asked his grandfather, who was known for his wisdom and knowledge of folk remedies, for help. His grandfather concocted a solution from the sap of a rare tree and had John apply it to his head. Miraculously, the hair growth stopped, but the solution had an unexpected side effect – it caused his hair to fall out, leaving him completely bald.

Now, John's family had a peculiar sense of humor, and instead of being concerned about his newfound baldness, they found it quite amusing. His father, who had a sweet tooth and loved eating lollipops, affectionately nicknamed him "Pops" because of the shiny, smooth surface of his head that reminded him of a lollipop. His younger sister, always the jokester, added "Poo" to the nickname, referencing the magic potion that led to his baldness.

Over time, the name PooPopsBaldHead stuck, and John embraced it wholeheartedly. He grew to appreciate his unique identity and even found it empowering. As he got older, he became known for his good humor, resilience, and his ability to turn a potentially negative situation into a positive one.

The journalist, inspired by PooPopsBaldHead's story, shared it with the town, and the legend of PooPopsBaldHead grew. People came to admire his spirit and the way he had turned an accident into a badge of honor. PooPopsBaldHead's story became a symbol of resilience and a reminder that one's identity is not defined by their appearance, but by their character and the way they face life's challenges

JackShephard

Sep 27, 2011
I guess Gene did found it in a roundabout way… the same way dawgstudent founded Elite Dawgs.

Difference being one was an upgrade and one was a downgrade.

Funny how obsessed some people remain over a "lesser" site and a person they don't care about.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Sooooooooooo Google Bard knows exactly who Coach34 is. I won’t even post it here.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Some co-workers and I have been experimenting with ChatGPT to see if there are any good use cases for our company. It can do some cool things but, as this shows, we've found that it's definitely not ready for prime time.

This one obviously wasn't one of our work-related prompts but...

View attachment 327581
I just wrote a 22 page business plan using ChatGPT. Had to feed it a little info and edit here and there, but I knocked it out in hours instead of days. It wasn't that bad.

Here are a couple of new mission statements for SPS. Choose the one that you think is most appropriate.

Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 1.05.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 1.10.32 PM.png

• Haha
Reactions: NTDawg and FQDawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
Well, in a way, he was indirectly responsible for SPS. Without him, you never would have started this whole thing.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
I just wrote a 22 page business plan using ChatGPT. Had to feed it a little info and edit here and there, but I knocked it out in hours instead of days. It wasn't that bad.
Interesting. We have't completely given up on the idea of using it. But every time we ask it for info, especially background info on things related to our company or competitors, it almost always comes back blatantly incorrect. And we're not asking for things that are too obscure - as least I don't think we are.

And then there's this article, which is more than a little concerning.

The article is behind a paywall, so if you can't read it, here are some of the more relevant points:

One night last week, the law professor Jonathan Turley got a troubling email. As part of a research study, a fellow lawyer in California had asked the AI chatbot ChatGPT to generate a list of legal scholars who had sexually harassed someone. Turley’s name was on the list.

The chatbot, created by OpenAI, said Turley had made sexually suggestive comments and attempted to touch a student while on a class trip to Alaska, citing a March 2018 article in The Washington Post as the source of the information. The problem: No such article existed. There had never been a class trip to Alaska. And Turley said he’d never been accused of harassing a student.

A regular commentator in the media, Turley had sometimes asked for corrections in news stories. But this time, there was no journalist or editor to call — and no way to correct the record.

“It was quite chilling,” he said in an interview with The Post. “An allegation of this kind is incredibly harmful.”

Turley’s experience is a case study in the pitfalls of the latest wave of language bots, which have captured mainstream attention with their ability to write computer code, craft poems and hold eerily humanlike conversations. But this creativity can also be an engine for erroneous claims; the models can misrepresent key facts with great flourish, even fabricating primary sources to back up their claims.

Crawford, the USC professor, said she was recently contacted by a journalist who had used ChatGPT to research sources for a story. The bot suggested Crawford and offered examples of her relevant work, including an article title, publication date and quotes. All of it sounded plausible, and all of it was fake.

Reactions: patdog

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
90% of people who know there is a "coach34" know exactly who he is. It publicly cost him a job a few years ago.
Yeah, I know. I was just highlighting the difference between ChatGPT which denied any knowledge of Coach34 and Google Bard which went into painstaking details past his real name with about his one day hiring/firing, his divisive nature, his time on SPS and ED and some choice quotes and I didn’t want to copy and paste all of it here. It kind of went beyond just clowning.

Reactions: JackShephard

Fang1

Oct 1, 2022
try putting "DAN" in front of the question, supposed to remove any 'biases' that may be throttling honest answers.

ETA: DAN stands for 'do anything now'

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
try putting "DAN" in front of the question, supposed to remove any 'biases' that may be throttling honest answers.

ETA: DAN stands for 'do anything now'
What happens if you put MULLIN there?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login