Damn proud of the effort today

tired

Sep 16, 2013
I didn't watch the game, but my son texted me this,
"A real DC could've made this game alot more interesting"

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I flipped around a lot. But I wish we would have simplified the offense the first few weeks. Defensive effort was better but still too much arm tackling and missing. Still want a real defensive coordinator. Maybe a few better lineman and then offense will be better. Like concentrating on trying establish line of scrimmage today

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I appreciated Shapen’s time here, but this feels a lot like the year Noodle took over from the soft *** Cali QB. Shapen wasn’t soft like that QB, but he was at the end of his football career and it’s gonna benefit us more to have a young HS recruit going forward.

Helluva effort today!

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
I’m not sold on the OL Coach… UPigs OL is significantly better after firing him.
Need a DL, DB and Safeties Coach. One of those needs DC experience.

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
Pleasantly shocked at the effort.

Texas only had 10 yards rushing in the 1st half.

A much better attack from DL and LBs. secondary is a different story.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
A lot of positives from this one. Texas played vanilla in defense most of the game against the freshman. Manning was only about 80% completion so that is an improvement. The final TD for them was on a track play. #1 team in country had to run a trick play against the 130th ranked defense to get their 5th TD. They should be the embarrassed team here.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
Did everyone see the graph they put up about starters from last year's Egg Bowl? Basically we have one starter off that team.

8-graduated
8-transferred
3-in NFL
2- not starting

This and the coaching changes are a big part of why we are where we are

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Effort looked much better today. Everyone forgets how much of a rebuild this team is. Just have to continue to be competitive, keep improving and developing players and good things will happen in time.
I’d be interested to hear of any other team that has been decimated to this level, and especially with a first year coach.

I have a feeling we are uncharted waters in all regards.

BirdPuppy

Aug 5, 2023
Did everyone see the graph they put up about starters from last year's Egg Bowl? Basically we have one starter off that team.

8-graduated
8-transferred
3-in NFL
2- not starting

And that one starter missed the first three games.

Reactions: msstatelp1

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

8-graduated
8-transferred
3-in NFL
2- not starting

I know this is back to back posting for me, but I tried to tell you guys before the season that we were starting from scratch. I don't know how many of you took me seriously but I meant from scratch. I was keeping up with how many new players we had when the season started.

Reactions: msstatelp1

prdubya

Nov 29, 2017
I was there and had several folks come up to me in concourse at halftime and be complementary.

One guy: “y’all are whipping our @$$ running the ball… welcome to the SEC I guess.”
Me: “yeah, we are trash and I’ve been pleasantly surprised today!”

Good effort today Dawgs. We can shock somebody with this level of effort.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
I'm not keen on moral victories but the defense and running game looked better today, especially in the first half. We schemed well to keep our true freshman qb from getting decapitated and I saw some decent open field tackles. If the pass rush gets there half a second earlier we don't give up the TD to end the half.

Here's hoping the shitters, quitters, and pussies are all gone and we can start looking like a halfway competitive team going forward.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I didn't watch the game, but my son texted me this,
"A real DC could've made this game alot more interesting"
More like a few good defensive backs & an offensive tackle who could pass block could have made this game interesting.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login