Damnit Jackson…

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Fine to visit for the day, sure, but I would say nothing there is worth the likelihood of petty theft/vandalism if you are actually staying there the night.
Well, I live here so I don’t spend the night. But I’m certainly not afraid to take my kids to those areas at night.

It was a regular occurrence before COVID. I quit going due to mask mandates. Since that’s been lifted, we go regularly again but not as much as before. Mainly bc I’m poor and can’t spend as much money.

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
I went to
Nothing in Jackson surprises me anymore. I took a bus load of kids to the state TSA competition. We were going south on 55 and when we crossed the Pearl River there was a guy walking down near the river walking down a trail with a stick and he was buck tooth naked. I couldn't believe you would see something like that in a state capitol city in America. It was 3rd world shite.
Backyard Burger last week right by UMC and there was a guy on that road right by backyard burger in nothing but a hospital gown taking a piss in the middle of the sidewalk.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Metal detector and pat down speed trials?

Sudden death full cavity search to settle ties? First one that roots around & finds the balloon full of drugs wins?

security airport GIF by truTV’s Those Who Can’t

big boy search GIF by South Park

All kidding aside, what is this?
www.tsaweb.org

Beretta.sixpack

Oct 29, 2009
These are all separate types of people. Belhaven and "The Fondren" are mostly do-gooders, medical professionals and aging hippies. FNEJ contains two sub groups, Eastover - where the richest families in the 'Sip live and the "the rest," or "northsiders" (some jokingly refer to themselves as "letfovers") folks who have/had a little money and are still trying to hold on to the status of living in FNEJ (which died with the new millennia). One common thread for most is they can't sell their house for what they think it is worth

Preach it......my wife was that.....went to Prep, then UM.....came back bought her first house in NEJxn......when we got married, she insisted on living in her house....we did....sold it and made a good money to buy another house in NEJxn......we moved out in 2015 and took me 19 months to sell my house and took a huge loss on it.....I was one street over from Eastover.....some of my former neighbors that i keep in touch with tell me that I was lucky to get out while i did, bc it has only become harder to sell....

that was the kroger that we shopped at for a decade....it was getting kinda shady when we left jackson in 2015....doesnt surprise me...

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
It's time to move the capital. Move it to SoSo, or Hot Coffee, or Guntown, Alligator, Possum Neck, or Money.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I went to

Backyard Burger last week right by UMC and there was a guy on that road right by backyard burger in nothing but a hospital gown taking a piss in the middle of the sidewalk.
About 7 yrs ago there was a rather large African American man standing on the UMMC corner at that same light by BYB. He had no clothes on at all and was ranting at cars, people, anything that moved. According to what I was told by security he was upset at having been discharged before getting served his lunch in the hospital psyche ward. They took him back in, fed him, brought him back outside and put him on a bus at that same corner. Hospital food must have improved since I ate it last. Such is the way of mental health now.

Msdeltareb

Aug 26, 2014
it was literally like watching a real life breaking bad episode. gun drawn pointed at the ground, finger on trigger, crossing the street, tshirt, shorts, barefoot, like he had just held up a convienence store or headed to car jack someone. he didn't look like he was on drugs, just pissed off. it was in the mid 40's so barefoot was a bit even more odd. first time i have seen someone walking in public with a handgun drawn, it was surreal. broad daylight jackson mississippi. from the local news i guess he did not do anything, looked like he was about to though
My bro-in law was a emergency room dr at UMC for a while...you'd be stunned at what happens in Jackson and doesn't make the news.

• Sad
Reactions: Cantdoitsal

MeridianDog

Sep 3, 2008
Redirect her to Krogers in Madison or Flowood. That's way to dangerous when she could go to a safe store 5 miles away.
Drove past the Kroger this morning on the way to my monthly Warfarin INR lab appointment on Old Caanton Road. Call me stupid I guess. I am home now, with no prayers from anyone.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Preach it......my wife was that.....went to Prep, then UM.....came back bought her first house in NEJxn......when we got married, she insisted on living in her house....we did....sold it and made a good money to buy another house in NEJxn......we moved out in 2015 and took me 19 months to sell my house and took a huge loss on it.....I was one street over from Eastover.....some of my former neighbors that i keep in touch with tell me that I was lucky to get out while i did, bc it has only become harder to sell....

that was the kroger that we shopped at for a decade....it was getting kinda shady when we left jackson in 2015....doesnt surprise me...
Glad you got out. Our first residence in the Metro was on Old Canton near the Jitney Premier in 1995, we loved it, but even then we could see it was on the way down. We bought a nice 3/2 ranch in Madison (for about $100k) and eventually moved to Flowood/Rez where we still are live. In a couple of years when my youngest graduates we are going to downsize bigly and probably moving to Gluckstadt.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login