Dan and Megan

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I believe, rightly or wrongly, that MSU became something more than just another employer to them.

that’s not a criticism of Dan. That’s a perfectly reasonable position and I’m fine if Lenny’s the same way. All but one of my employers have just been employers. I think they’ve appreciated me and I’ve appreciated them. None of us will be clapping or cheering each other though.

ETA: if we were honoring the 2014 team, I’d absolutely cheer him. Not going to cheer him just because he’s in the stadium though.
Ultimately anyone who didn't go to msu that is working for msu is just an employee of msu. MSU is just their employer. Still have to acknowledge when employees doing something great. At the end of the day my job is just my employer. If I'm the flip side and he didn't do well, he would have just been an employee. Moorhead was mostly a great guy supposedly but he still got fired. Would you cheer him if he came back because he seemed to like msu but the feeling wasn't mutual. Rick Ray? You guys need to really learn to disassociate yourself as a fan and realize most all of this is business for the players and coaches. Most of the players didn't grow up as fans. It's their employer basically too. It's not like you even played for him either or probably even knew him personally.

Reactions: BulldawgFan

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
He could have named his next job had he stayed for 2018. I’ll never get over that season. That was our chance.
Just like ole miss you don't know that and can't predict the future. You have to strike when the job opens you want are there? Have you been at the same company and same location since you started or have you moved jobs, if you have been at the same place at the same job did you grow up in that area and decided to stay there and feel like you have roots there?

msstatelp1

Aug 21, 2012
The difference is Dan was good enough to be offered a promotion to a “better” school. The others were not.

Apparently a big part of our fanbase prefers a coach that does a mediocre or poor job and has no other options than to stick around until we have to fire him.
Apparently a big part of our fanbase thinks because he was a good coach we should genuflect every time he walks on campus.

I appreciate what he did and he deserves to be celebrated as part of the 2014 team. Other than that I don't think he deserves any special treatment. If people think Mullen deserves a statue for what he did, doesn't Lemonis deserve one for actually winning a national championship or Schaefer deserve one for elevating the women's bb team?

In my opinion, Mullen did exactly what he was hired to do...make us a better football team. He did that, found a better job, and moved on. I disliked the way he did it but that's life. We can't help the fact that our administration squandered the opportunity to have someone build on what Mullen did.

Last edited:

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
They don't have any. They don't want to admit ole miss had one of the best defenses in 2014/2015. In 2017 they broke our qbs. I blame 2014 finish on collins having one foot out the door already by the egg bowl
so 60s dog and the others are basically just lying through their fu--ing teeth? so they just perpetuate lies to hurt the program.. color me shocked...

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login