Dan Mullen interview

JWSDawgs

Mar 16, 2021
Dan talks SEC football, games and memories from Starkville, Swamp Kings, and talks about would we would have won the natty in 2010 had Cam Newton come to State.

JWSDawgs

Mar 16, 2021
I still think if we had Cam in 2010 we win the natty that year with Bama having 3 losses and S Car winning the East.

Reactions: The Fatboy

JWSDawgs

Mar 16, 2021
Here’s a hypothetical scenario. What if Cam does go to State in 2010 and wins natty. He would go down as the greatest player in school history and then what happens do Dak. Does he even go to State? The 2014 season and #1 ranking would not be as special since we already had won a natty with Cam who would be the MSU goat! It’s fun to think of different scenarios what could have been. It still boggles my mind that Auburn did not get on probation or have to give back his Heisman and natty.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Here’s a hypothetical scenario. What if Cam does go to State in 2010 and wins natty. He would go down as the greatest player in school history and then what happens do Dak. Does he even go to State? The 2014 season and #1 ranking would not be as special since we already had won a natty with Cam who would be the MSU goat! It’s fun to think of different scenarios what could have been. It still boggles my mind that Auburn did not get on probation or have to give back his Heisman and natty.

I'll just say, I'd love to have a natty, but I'd also much rather have Dak as our GOAT than Cam.

JWSDawgs

Mar 16, 2021
The New Hampshire Mafia of Dan Mullen, Chip Kelly, and Ryan Day is a strong core of coaches

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011

My brain isn't processing timelineS right now but assuming Mullen is the coach when we're recruiting Dak, he's definitely coming here after we'd won a NC. We probably are able to land a few more talented pieces because of the natty. Leading us to have a 2nd natty in 2014.
Screw you Cam, I saw you ringing that cowbell. And screw the cigar boys or whoever it was that let him slip away.

Then we'd have to give back both due to NCAA violations but who cares

In my scenario Dak is still the goat because he was here playing longer and he got a natty as well.

Reactions: JWSDawgs

JWSDawgs

Mar 16, 2021
My brain isn't processing timelineS right now but assuming Mullen is the coach when we're recruiting Dak, he's definitely coming here after we'd won a NC. We probably are able to land a few more talented pieces because of the natty. Leading us to have a 2nd natty in 2014.
Screw you Cam, I saw you ringing that cowbell. And screw the cigar boys or whoever it was that let him slip away.

Then we'd have to give back both due to NCAA violations but who cares

In my scenario Dak is still the goat because he was here playing longer and he got a natty as well.
You are right on that. I didn’t think about it that way.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
I'll just say, I'd love to have a natty, but I'd also much rather have Dak as our GOAT than Cam.
I would trade any player in our history for a national title in football. Any two or three for that matter.

ETA: Any person who says otherwise is a complete buffoon and everything they say about sports is null and void. I would trade any number of baseball championships for one football natty as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: JWSDawgs

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I would trade any player in our history for a national title in football. Any two or three for that matter.

ETA: Any person who says otherwise is a complete buffoon and everything they say about sports is null and void. I would trade any number of baseball championships for one football natty as well.

Your second paragraph is an opinion, just to be clear. Some might have another one. One natty would not satisfy most humans for very long. It satisfied our baseball fans for about one year.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login