Dan Wetzel just said on Out of Bounds that Kiffin is the front runner for A&M

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Oh hell.. you have to see them on other forums. They are big dogs now. They are equal to Georgia, Alabama, LSU, etc. They can pay whatever it takes to keep him. They are among the nations elite in NIL. Blah.. blah… blah…. Blah.
If A&M really wants him, Ole Miss can NOT out bid them. There are probably only 2-3 schools TOPS that MIGHT can.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
If I'm Kiffin, I'm waiting to see if Sunbelt Billy gets fired. He'd be a better fit at Florida, and that's another one you could add to your list.
I’d go to A&M over Florida.

A&M won’t be outbid for players. Florida thinks the brand should recruit by itself.

Reactions: Juice/

Luka Legend

May 26, 2023
Well Ole Miss fans also believe that players go there because they have Ole Miss in their hearts, right?

That's not a thought exclusive to A&M.
I agree, I just think Kiffin swung the spotlight onto them when they "bought" that class and has mentioned it multiple times.
Most every fanbases common fan believes their player picked their school because they loved the things about it that they did when they attended.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Are they going to have to do a 10 yr guaranteed deal for anyone they hire from now on? I'd surely expect it if they wanted to hire me. I know they have enough money to make Solomon blush, but I'd love to see them have to fork out $100M for every bust after they signed that dumbass contract the first time.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Oh hell.. you have to see them on other forums. They are big dogs now. They are equal to Georgia, Alabama, LSU, etc. They can pay whatever it takes to keep him. They are among the nations elite in NIL. Blah.. blah… blah…. Blah.
I would not be surprise if we don't pay between 8 to 10 million a year for our new coach.

mo7888

Oct 18, 2017
If I'm Lane I am not leaving OM for TAMU. While I personally loathe Oxford and OM, it's a sweeter set up and more secure than TAMU.
That 'more money, more resources in Texas' b0llsh!t hasn't helped TAMU or UT yet.
If he is after a national title, his chances are no better at TAMU, particularly once the 12 team playoff kicks in.
But if he is just looking for a big payout not to coach, like Jimbo, he's might be gone.
There's no reason to take OM over ATM even if they matched yearly salary. ATM can give a 10 year contract fully guaranteed and OM can't. If he stumbles at OM (which every coach does) they'll can him with a much smaller buyout. He's takes ATM if the offer is on the table and there's nothing sweeter from another school/ nfl team..

bannerdawg

Aug 15, 2013
The fit is definitely weird, imagine kiffin at midnight yell.

And you might be right with the stuff he said, I do think some of their people are upset at how he said they had paid for the #1 recruiting class (which has an 11-11 record BTW haha). Even though they print money they still like to think their players come for love of Revellie and Yell leaders not $$.
If I'm Lane I am not leaving OM for TAMU. While I personally loathe Oxford and OM, it's a sweeter set up and more secure than TAMU.
That 'more money, more resources in Texas' b0llsh!t hasn't helped TAMU or UT yet.
If he is after a national title, his chances are no better at TAMU, particularly once the 12 team playoff kicks in.
But if he is just looking for a big payout not to coach, like Jimbo, he's might be gone.
Only a fool wouldn’t take A&M money, if offered.

Reactions: Luka Legend

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Jennifer Lawrence
Not sure it works on somebody still current b/c it's not like a 30something year old doesn't look good to a 60 year old man. But I'll say you're between 30 & 40. Could be as young as 23 though if you were 13 when hunger games came out and saw her debut full of hormones. That could make a lasting impression I guess.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Now do me. Sara Lane that played Elizabeth Grainger on “The Virginian”.
You're clearly 25-30 with a serious geriatric fetish. I guess possibly a necrophilia fetish.

Semi-OT, if you ever want to be grossed out, think about the fact that we have a word for necrophilia. How many times did that come up before somebody was like, "I guess we have to name this now"?

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Are they going to have to do a 10 yr guaranteed deal for anyone they hire from now on? I'd surely expect it if they wanted to hire me. I know they have enough money to make Solomon blush, but I'd love to see them have to fork out $100M for every bust after they signed that dumbass contract the first time.
If they go after Norvell, seems like it'd be hard not to. If I'm Norvell, my position would be I've already cleaned up Jimbo's mess once, now you want me to start over and pay me less than you paid Jimbo to create it?

For any other candidate that requests a ten year guarantee, I think the response of, "the last time we gave a ten year guarantee we had to keep the coach two years longer than we wanted" would make them want the ten year guarantee more. But if they offer $12M with a 5 or 6 year guarantee with no offset, I suspect that will be enough to get most of who they'd want.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
They screwed themsekves with the Jimbo contract. Everyone will want that or better with the same kind of terms if they go big game hunting.

mo7888

Oct 18, 2017
They screwed themsekves with the Jimbo contract. Everyone will want that or better with the same kind of terms if they go big game hunting.
Feels like they have to... I know they're delusional with expectations of championships, but now they're faced with Texas in the league. That's their rival and they need a bigtime hire with that pressure.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19
Aug 31, 2012
You're clearly 25-30 with a serious geriatric fetish. I guess possibly a necrophilia fetish.

Semi-OT, if you ever want to be grossed out, think about the fact that we have a
word for necrophilia. How many times did that come up before somebody was like, "I guess we have to name this now"?

Necrophilia…G’dang 17 me. That’s one word I would never thought would make this page

Luka Legend

May 26, 2023
Feels like they have to... I know they're delusional with expectations of championships, but now they're faced with Texas in the league. That's their rival and they need a bigtime hire with that pressure.
They're definitely Delusional.
SEC Teams 10 Win Seasons since 1991
1. Alabama (18) 2. Georgia (16) 3. LSU (12) 4. Florida (9)
5. Auburn, Missouri, Tennessee (5)
8. Ole Miss, Arkansas, South Carolina (3)
11. MSU, UK (2)
13. Texas A&M (1)
14. Vanderbilt (0)

Last edited:
Reactions: patdog

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
They are going to strike out and hire someone underwhelming. They are going to spend over $100 million to exchange Jimbo for Elko.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
They need to hire a younger hot shot mid major coach with a middle of the pack 4-5 year contract and creat some separation from that ten year guaranteed debacle.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login