Dave Aranda shows NO emotion on the sideline!

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
I mean, he's the most intense looking Mofo ive ever seen. Big difference than not even paying attention to the game like Leach has looked a few times.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Yeah, hot head Kiffen should have won simply because he throws temper tantrums on the sidelines. We all know game plans and strategy are secondary! ****

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Cooterpoot; said:
I mean, he's the most intense looking Mofo ive ever seen. Big difference than not even paying attention to the game like Leach has looked a few times.

Huh? Did I miss Leach ordering something from Waffle House or tweeting during a game?

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I noticed several times how the announcers described Aranda as “cerebral”. I think that’s new descriptor for the outdated “emotionless”.***

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
But the back of his head looks weird. Like he has a second ******* in the back of his neck.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Huh? Did I miss Leach ordering something from Waffle House or tweeting during a game?

You missed him not pushing for replays and not arguing bad calls. The guy actually admitted not seeing the play at Memphis that beat us. Didn't give a **** either. A coach needs to have his guys backs some times.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
But his team showed plenty of it, so coaches like him earn the benefit of the doubt. Some coaches do tend to show more of their fiery side behind closed doors

On the other hand, when neither your players nor the coach show the slightest interest in being on the field, the coach does not receive the benefit of the doubt. Attitude reflects leadership, and brushing off displays like what we saw last week is a dangerous game.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
FlotownDawg;[URL="tel:2006083" said:
2006083[/URL]]How can he be so successful without screaming and yelling?

It has always amazed me how people interpret other peoples emotions. Example when NTjr played baseball in high school people would would frequently say that he kept his cool and didn’t show his emotions. I would usually just say yeah but the truth was they just couldn’t read him. He was my son and I could usually read him pretty good. I could tell when he feeling good and when he was pissed and the batter was about to get a high and tight pitch.

Point is you can’t always tell the level intensity by reading the outward emotions.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Exactly. This whole “He doesn’t show emotion!” trope that gets thrown around on here is so tiresome. People are different. There are plenty of very successful coaches who are stoic on the sideline. Leach, Aranda, Mike Gundy, Chris Petersen are just a few examples. But some people think that a coach has to rant and rave like an idiot to be successful.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Yes outward displays of emotion and intensity are two different things. Back to the example of NTjr. I am much more outwardly emotional than he is but he is more intense and focussed than I am. He cares deeply about what he cares about but doesn’t always show it or tell you about it, except when you get some whiskey in him.

Emma’s Dad

May 5, 2021
Emotion doesn’t equal success in coaching. Will Muschamp is Exhibit 1 in support of this argument.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012

Actually, it was probably Taco Bell since leach was eating a burrito or taco or something during the Spring game last year.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login