Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Where’s the love for Peppa Pig? **

May 8 — if you have young ones.

It’s actually a City Hall Live show…

Last edited:

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I would choose Peppa Pig over Dave Matthews. I don't ever see all those DMB stickers on everybody's back windows anymore, based on that thought he was done

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
Also coming to Huntsville the next night at the new Orion Amphitheater. I've been encouraged by the early announcements for the venue: Jack White, the Black Keys, etc.

VegasDawg13

Jun 11, 2007
I would choose Peppa Pig over Dave Matthews. I don't ever see all those DMB stickers on everybody's back windows anymore, based on that thought he was done
I think it's more like the people that had DMB stickers have mostly aged out of having any band stickers on their vehicles. They have their kids' school or dance company logos there now.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
Also coming to Huntsville the next night at the new Orion Amphitheater. I've been encouraged by the early announcements for the venue: Jack White, the Black Keys, etc.

That’s much better booking for those concerts than Brandon has had in a while. I’m surprised Brandon’s didn’t book Luke the douche Bryan for the 3rd year in a row

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Guess I should have posted this in the Unpopular Opinions thread but I still like DMB. Every year when we get that first really warm day, I fire up the grill, get the TV ready for MSU baseball, grab a beverage, jump in the pool, and play my college playlist. It contains a lot of DMB, BTE, Hootie, Blues Traveler, Cowboy Mouth, Law of Nature etc. I’m instantly transported back to some of the best years of my life.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
That’s much better booking for those concerts than Brandon has had in a while. I’m surprised Brandon’s didn’t book Luke the douche Bryan for the 3rd year in a row
Brandon's concerts have been great. You are awful.

D4L

Aug 2, 2021

Yeah, for them to book one the most popular names in country music right now is just not smart. Aaron Tippin or Sammy Kershaw would have been better.

$altyDawg

Aug 30, 2018
There are people that would wish death upon you for that statement. I'm not one of them.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
They are world class musicians.

Anyone who noodles around on the guitar can tell you how tough Dave’s structure can be, not to mention Tim is another level. Forget about the ride, crash and bass - try tapping along to Carter’s snare next time one of their songs plays. It’s not easy.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Guess I should have posted this in the Unpopular Opinions thread but I still like DMB. Every year when we get that first really warm day, I fire up the grill, get the TV ready for MSU baseball, grab a beverage, jump in the pool, and play my college playlist. It contains a lot of DMB, BTE, Hootie, Blues Traveler, Cowboy Mouth, Law of Nature etc. I’m instantly transported back to some of the best years of my life.
I'm so old and unhip I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to like DMB anymore. Now that it's mentioned though, I am kind of surprised how little staying power DMB has had with me. Listen to almost nothing but stuff from college and high school, but for some reason, I don't listen to really any DMB even though they were probably the most listened to group when I was in college.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I’m not really a DMB fan… I think I only know a few songs by them but the hate here seems real. One thing is for sure, music fans are an interesting bunch. Music fans don’t feel like they can just say they don’t like the music of a particular band they got to insult the musician and people who like the music. It’s weird.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Well Megadeth and Lamb of God will be playing in Brandon in April. Theory of a Deadman will be playing in Brandon in a couple of weeks. The issue is that people ***** about the quality of concerts(sometimes fairly)because their genre is not represented but when a rock act does get announced , they **** on that too.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
There are plenty of bands that I think back on and wonder why in the world I listened to their music, but DMB sure isn’t one of them. Like you, I guess I missed the broadcast a few years back when it became time to start hating them, but what can you do

Speaking of music, it probably is about time for the monthly SixPack music thread where posters list about 25 of today’s best bands, all of which I’ve never once heard of

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I went to one of their concerts a few years ago. Free ticket. It sounded like one long jam session. Good musicians but not my cup of tea.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
You're the literal worst.
Why? Because music that was the soundtrack to my college years is special to me? In those years I listened to everything from Mark Chestnut to Geto Boys. What did you listen to in those days? The only thing I didn’t care for is Electronica and bands that everyone said you weren’t cool if you didn’t like such as Radiohead.
This is just for those people. RADIOHEAD’S BEST SONG IS CREEP.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
He is just jealous that 042 got amphitheater along with new restaurants and open container downtown...
That's a Rankinite for you, especially considering they can just drive right down the road and benefit from it. They just have to **** on everything.

I bet he 100% Pinelakes, too. Nah, I take that back, Pinelakers are usually happy. I suspect he's probably one of those old mid 50-year old 17ers that hangs out at Shuckers every weekend.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Yep. Red Mountain does a good job of booking a variety of acts.

The Panic shows there in 2019 were very good.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
It happens.

I’d long refused to see the Avett Brothers play because I didn’t like their recorded stuff at all. A friend offered me a free ticket and their live show at Brandon didn’t suck. It was actually pretty decent.

So maybe I’ll ignore their recorded stuff and pay attention to tapings of their live shows.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

View attachment 23786

Digging dog

Aug 22, 2012
Saw Dave Mathews last time he was at the Amphitheater. It was late summer and hot. Swore I’d never go ther in the summer again.

Dave put on a great show. Pretty much a jam band.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Man, I’d like to see Megadeth, even though they’re past their prime. But a 7:30 start with 3 opening acts? Will they even get on stage before 11:00?

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
I'm your huckleberry.

I dont listen to Dave Matthews a ton anymore but I do still like his music. Those guys are crazy talented. They may not be everyone's cup of tea but some of you bastards are lying to look cool. In 2018, they had the third most #1 albums among groups of all time. See link below.

That being said, I have seen him 3 times. 2 times were incredible and one was absolutely one of the worst shows I've ever seen in my life. Luckily Robert Randolph was the opener and saw just how bad it was going (Dave was out of his mind and couldnt function) and came back onstage to finish the show after a 10 minute, mid-set break with the band and saved it.

I would gladly go see Dave in Brandon, if only to relive a time that has passed.

Plus, sober Dave seems to really be having a blast these days. There are videos constantly of him on the sidestage dancing and supporting all of his opening acts and just generally having a great time. I think it would be a really great show.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmc...ost-no-1-albums-among-groups/?sh=60df68c7b56c

OzarkaNSW

Jul 12, 2010
Followed DMB Summer of 2010, or as I called it “the Summer of Dave” because I followed DMB around all summer.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
Man, I’d like to see Megadeth, even though they’re past their prime. But a 7:30 start with 3 opening acts? Will they even get on stage before 11:00?

I caught a Weezer/Fallout Boy/Green Day show in Houston over the summer. I think Weezer and FOB did ~45 minutes, Green Day did an hour. We were out by 10 or 10:30 so it wasn't too bad. I would expect about the same with this show as well.

I'm looking forward to Megadeth - they've been on my bucket list since my teen years in the 80's. My wife is dragging me to Dave Matthews too, so I may be the only one in the Venn diagram of "people who see Megadeth and Dave Matthews in one year."

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login