(dawg) At Auburn Game Thread

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
It's all terrible. Referees are blatantly padding their pockets with DraftKings accounts.

Team is playing like **** anyway so when they do have an opportunity they throw the ball away or throw up a brick. Even Hubbard almost air-balled a FT

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I thought we might have a path to winning but really and truly something like this was probably the most likely scenario. Until Kentucky beat them Auburn had won all of their home games by double digits. Including Bama.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
clearly our fault for losing today, but the refs have made it hell to watch. half a second after any form of contact the whistle is coming. honestly, i could live with it if they just called it sooner and not when the crowd starts booing.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Well…. We don’t.
I didn’t expect us to beat Auburn on the road, but we tanked the first half. Seemed like a hangover from a game we should have won against KY last week.

That week in December is always gonna knock us down several seeds from where we could be. If we don’t beat Aggy and/or scar to finish out, we’re a low seed with even less chance to do anything in the tournament.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I had this game as a blowout loss weeks ago. Auburn is a monster at home.
If you have paid any attention to what Auburn does at to other teams at home you would know what was gonna happen. I figured we would get mud stomped.

ETA- we used to have that kind of home court crowd.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
If you have paid any attention to what Auburn does at to other teams at home you would know what was gonna happen. I figured we would get mud stomped.

ETA- we used to have that kind of home court crowd.
The arena is about the same size or smaller than the Hump. The way they sit their students around the court is the key. I keep waiting for Cohen to screw that up.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Have to look at net weekly. We dropped 4 this week. If we go 0-2 this week it’ll drop much more than 4 spots. Have to get 1 win. TxAM will be playing for their tourney lives this week And SC could be playing for a share of the league championship. Good teams find a way to get one.

Reactions: msudawg1200

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
If this team is a legit tourney team, they should be able to get one of two. I'd like it to be SC. It's probably an easier win than TAMU on the road, but it would likely look a little better to most eyes with the season they're having.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Win our next three (including first SECT game) and I think we are a 7.

2-1 in that stretch is probably an 8

1-2 is probably a 9 or 10

0-3 and I think you’re sweating but still potentially in as a 10 or 11.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Jerry Palm currently has us 10th. If we lose 3 in a row and 5 straight to end the year. We will be hosting an NIT game.

honestly 0-2, beating a Vanderbilt, then getting beat by Tennessee, will have us sweating.

we have to win one of these next 2

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
Win our next three (including first SECT game) and I think we are a 7.

2-1 in that stretch is probably an 8

1-2 is probably a 9 or 10

0-3 and I think you’re sweating but still potentially in as a 10 or 11.
If we don't win another game we are NIT bound. We ain't getting in with an 0-5 finish.

Reactions: HuntDawg

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Jerry Palm currently has us 10th. If we lose 3 in a row and 5 straight to end the year. We will be hosting an NIT game.

honestly 0-2, beating a Vanderbilt, then getting beat by Tennessee, will have us sweating.

we have to win one of these next 2

Palm is lower on than us than basically everyone else that does these things and not a historically accurate predictor. Our average projection right now is still a borderline 8/9 seed.

We’re not going to be playing Vandy in the SEC tourney, we are locked into the 7 to 10 range now for Nashville and will be playing LSU, A&M, or Ole Miss.

Our next three games are Q1, Q2, and Q2. You win one of those games and there is zero question about things. It is absolute nonsense to think one more win isn’t enough.

We are still not a bubble team right now, no matter how hard some of you want to believe it. Lose the next two and it COULD change. But even then you’re not totally out of it.

We have better odds to be a 7 seed than we do to fall to the NIT.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Palm is lower on than us than basically everyone else that does these things and not a historically accurate predictor. Our average projection right now is still a borderline 8/9 seed.

We’re not going to be playing Vandy in the SEC tourney, we are locked into the 7 to 10 range now for Nashville and will be playing LSU, A&M, or Ole Miss.

Our next three games are Q1, Q2, and Q2. You win one of those games and there is zero question about things. It is absolute nonsense to think one more win isn’t enough.

We are still not a bubble team right now, no matter how hard some of you want to believe it. Lose the next two and it COULD change. But even then you’re not totally out of it.

We have better odds to be a 7 seed than we do to fall to the NIT.

Agree, but Palm isnt Lunardi, but he's still more reputable and reliable than a LOT of other predictors.

The vandy analogy was being fecicious, i realize that we'll play someone other than Vandy most likely, but point was its unlikely we'll play anyone that moves the needle that much in round 1. It'll be one of those where if we win, it helps some, but if we lose its crippling. For example if we finish 0-2 and we play TxAm round 1, it may very well be a winner is in type game.

Disagree-- we lose the first two, we go immediately to the bubble. What side of that bubble will depend on a ton of things, namely how other teams around us do. IF we go L, L, W, L-- it'll be a very nervous selection day-- and it would be hard to argue if they left us out. If we lose to TxAm, lose to SC, beat say Ole miss in round 1, then get hammered by Alabama, i wont feel good about it, and I'd think we are probably out. Same scenario and we lose to Ole Miss round 1. we are out for sure. Ive said 9-9 is what we need all along, I stand by that.

To get a 7 seed, I think we need to go 3-1 or 5-2, something like that down the stretch. I think we are currently much closer to a 9/10 seed than a 7 seed. We would need to do a lot of work to improve that. 0-3 gets us to the NIT. I'd agree that we have a better possibiltiy of a 7 seed than out, although those odds arent as far apart as they once were.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Agree, but Palm isnt Lunardi, but he's still more reputable and reliable than a LOT of other predictors.

The vandy analogy was being fecicious, i realize that we'll play someone other than Vandy most likely, but point was its unlikely we'll play anyone that moves the needle that much in round 1. It'll be one of those where if we win, it helps some, but if we lose its crippling. For example if we finish 0-2 and we play TxAm round 1, it may very well be a winner is in type game.

Disagree-- we lose the first two, we go immediately to the bubble. What side of that bubble will depend on a ton of things, namely how other teams around us do. IF we go L, L, W, L-- it'll be a very nervous selection day-- and it would be hard to argue if they left us out. If we lose to TxAm, lose to SC, beat say Ole miss in round 1, then get hammered by Alabama, i wont feel good about it, and I'd think we are probably out. Same scenario and we lose to Ole Miss round 1. we are out for sure. Ive said 9-9 is what we need all along, I stand by that.

To get a 7 seed, I think we need to go 3-1 or 5-2, something like that down the stretch. I think we are currently much closer to a 9/10 seed than a 7 seed. We would need to do a lot of work to improve that. 0-3 gets us to the NIT. I'd agree that we have a better possibiltiy of a 7 seed than out, although those odds arent as far apart as they once were.

I think before Kentucky we were a borderline 7/8. After two losses that’s probably closer to borderline 8/9. A mock selection committee of bracket experts got together this weekend and they voted us as an 8 as of today.

I think you laid out our path to a 7 seed well, gonna need 3 wins probably. A&M and SC wouldn’t be our best wins but either or both would be a strong win.

My hope is we win and LSU loses on Wednesday and that removes any doubt about both our NCAAT aspirations and also our seeding in Nashville (we lock up 7th under that scenario).

Reactions: HuntDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login