Dawn Staley says if you criticize her team it only confirms what everybody knows. *race card played*

Status
Not open for further replies.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I’m trying to find the racist comments she seems to imply were made about her team that led to this diatribe. Anyone have an clue what she is actually talking about?

Reactions: Uncle Ruckus

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
She got outcoached and tried to make excuses.

This is not in any way a defense of Staley, who I am not a fan of, but if I had Caitlin Clark, I could prolly outcoach Staley too.

With the game on the line, she literally scored or assisted on every 4th Quarter point Iowa scored vs the #1 D in the country. She's a coach's wet dream.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
To blame for what? Her 3+ minute answer rather unremarkable.

I’m just pointing out that even amongst the extremely high levels of legal protections afforded to media organizations - Fox’s reporting has been so negligent that their future is in serious jeopardy. It goes without say that in terms of dishonesty in reporting they have no contemporary. Are you sure that’s who you want motivating you? It got you to share it, didn’t it?

If he had linked any other media outlet this is a non issue. You took exception to him linking a Fox News story which is just plain stupid.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
I’m trying to find the racist comments she seems to imply were made about her team that led to this diatribe. Anyone have a clue what she is actually talking about?
There was one comment about a bar fight. The rest seemed to be “things she heard”, which means she most likely made it up to fit her narrative. Happens all the time when someone wants to make their point seem justified.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007

I’m just pointing out that even amongst the extremely high levels of legal protections afforded to media organizations - Fox’s reporting has been so negligent that their future is in serious jeopardy. It goes without say that in terms of dishonesty in reporting they have no contemporary. Are you sure that’s who you want motivating you? It got you to share it, didn’t it?
How much Kool-aid do you drink? Fox reported there was no Russia collusion. All the others did. Seems all now say there was no Russia collusion.
Fox reported that Hunter's laptop was real. All others did not. Seems to have been proven that Hunter's laptop is in fact Hunters laptop. Fox reported that this scum that shot up a Christian School was a transgendered person seeking a warped vengeance. The other media has told their folks to not report that in that is doesn't matter. Which way is going to be proven correct?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Cable news sucks in general no matter the flavor.
They all tell their own story to push their leads. I don't trust any of them entirely because they are not about the news anymore. They all push an opinion. Fox is the only one that pushes a different opinion, so right now, they are the Debil.

Defending any of them really makes you sad or an employee.

Thumbs Down

Sep 29, 2022

New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Only thing racial is five white girls beat five black girls and that's the fact. I guess you could make that racial if you wanted. I see it as five girls went out, played their asses off and beat one of the best women's basketball teams in history.
People aren't gushing over the white team. They are gushing over one of the best female players in history that happens to play for Iowa

patdog

May 28, 2007
Every time I want to say I'm wrong about her and she's really a good person (calls time out when opponent is hurt), she does something like this.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Every time I want to say I'm wrong about her and she's really a good person (calls time out when opponent is hurt), she does something like this.

I feel the same way. She does things that make me want to like her, but the negatives are so glaring.

Reactions: patdog

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
If he had linked any other media outlet this is a non issue. You took exception to him linking a Fox News story which is just plain stupid.
That’s not true. Her comments are about as mild as you can expect. How are we suppose to know if this unnamed reporter said something inappropriate? Why would I care either way?

But there’s a reason she’s the headline today on Fox News and not the Men’s Final Four 24 hours later. It’s because they know she’s triggering and sensationalizing for their target audience. Xem took the bait - not me.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
That’s not true. Her comments are about as mild as you can expect. How are we suppose to know if this unnamed reporter said something inappropriate? Why would I care either way?

But there’s a reason she’s the headline today on Fox News and not the Men’s Final Four 24 hours later. It’s because they know she’s triggering and sensationalizing for their target audience. Xem took the bait - not me.

She triggers the hell out of me, and I very rarely watch or seek out Fox news content.

She triggers folks because she's a race baiter, pure and simple. It's not about Fox.

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
I 17ing loathe her. This article is an example of why they get every call in every game. If you don't call it the way she wants she'll say you're a racist. And referees would rather just collect their check and go home rather than deal with that sh it.

Didn't she once say that she would never recruit a white girl?

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

You are a lying sack of 💩 or a dumb sack of 💩 or both.

We can go tit for tat on cnn, msnbc, fox etc.

But let’s start with cnn sharing a photo of kids in cages and saying trump was an animal for doing that to kids, BUT the picture was under Obama.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
Within the last week, I saw her in an interview. She said that she recruited people that sounded like her, that talked like her, and looked like her.
If that is not a racist position, I have no clue what one is.
I wonder if you "identified" as her, would she recruit you then? Isn't that how this stuff works? If a dude can be a chick and have a large contingent of morons supporting him, eh, her, then I can be Dawn Staley.
Fox’s reporting has been so negligent that their future is in serious jeopardy.
Yyaaaaawwwwnnnn.....and DawNAwLd TrAUMP LITERALLY caused the BLOODIEST DAY IN AMERICAN HISTORY, JAAAAANUARY 6TH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login