DCam commits to Ole Miss

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
There should be some compensation between the 2 universities when this happens. They need to throw in at least a couple drunk co-eds for every average player they swipe from us.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Exactly. Same can be said for Malik Heath but we at least had WRs to replace him back then, and he was drama boy. D-Cam, from all accounts, has been a model player for us. Funny how he was so good in 2022, right?
No, he wasn’t very good then either. Robbie Faulk was the only guy I ever heard hyping Richardson and that dude’s opinion is always sus.

was21

May 29, 2007
Their resources actually are far better. They are much closer to, say, Auburn than they are to us in terms of resources.

I don’t know why that’s so hard for people to believe….they’re a school whose entire identity is based on recruiting old money wealth for generations (especially from out of state) for purposes of partying and socializing. Been cheating their asses off since the early 80’s….they were built for success in this era. We were not.

If you don’t believe me, just read the fine print in the annual AD revenue numbers, and see how much more they are pulling in than we are in donations. They are straight murdering us in that department….and that’s all proportional to what they are doing in NIL.
Actually a LOT longer than the early '80's....try late '40's forward. They've had influential sugar daddies in every hamlet in the state since that time. Perception is reality.

Last edited:
Reactions: Perd Hapley

was21

May 29, 2007
Money matters. Lane has style and charisma too. Oxford sells better than Starkville. It's gonna be a huge challenge in this new era of NIL
It sells better because they do a great job of promoting it. They have a lot of graduates in the journalistic media that help market it as well. Perception is reality.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login