Dear Ol’ State: John Cohen On Facility Upgrades And More

JoelTColeman

May 24, 2013

More...

**These are automatic feeds from a Joel T. (Woo) Coleman Hail State RSS Feed. It reads from that feed and automatically posts new articles.**

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Encourage everyone to listen. He sets the expectations that we wont be creating a student section like Auburn. Said it would be decided once the Hump is done.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Encourage everyone to listen. He sets the expectations that we wont be creating a student section like Auburn. Said it would be decided once the Hump is done.

If that's what he said then why should I listen? Apparently dollars trump having an exciting basketball environment. :(

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Well he said a lot more that was interesting. It wasnt a podcast dedicated to student seating

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Well he said a lot more that was interesting. It wasnt a podcast dedicated to student seating

Understand, but just that tells me a lot about where our priorities are and they are not in having a winning basketball program.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
It's not about you and me or the students. That ended a long time ago.

Understand, but just that tells me a lot about where our priorities are and they are not in having a winning basketball program.

It is simply about banking the money so they can keep up with the Jones' with salaries, facilities etc. . .

Feb 12, 2013
Nothing against Cohen, but do not agree with him in this situation. The "scenario" he uses to defend his position on the topic has holes in it & farfetched. It is defending the 5% and isolating the 95%. He says all this WHILE stating the architects/engineers telling him there is not a bad seat in the house. Therefore, is it really that difficult to reseat the Hump?

Look, I am right at the age he uses in his scenario (early 30's), if I had season tickets and they asked me to move my seats to create a better student atmosphere, my response would be "17 yes". I would rather go to a rowdy game knowing my ears will be ringing driving home, instead of hearing someone sneeze across the Coliseum during the game.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
Nothing against Cohen, but do not agree with him in this situation. The "scenario" he uses to defend his position on the topic has holes in it & farfetched. It is defending the 5% and isolating the 95%. He says all this WHILE stating the architects/engineers telling him there is not a bad seat in the house. Therefore, is it really that difficult to reseat the Hump?

Look, I am right at the age he uses in his scenario (early 30's), if I had season tickets and they asked me to move my seats to create a better student atmosphere, my response would be "17 yes". I would rather go to a rowdy game knowing my ears will be ringing driving home, instead of hearing someone sneeze across the Coliseum during the game.
He spoke out of both sides of this mouth but in the end, it’s all about $$$ and not having the best basketball environment!
He even had the impudence to say the big money donors don’t come and use those seats nor the parking spaces reserved for the big money donors.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
Do we really have enough big donors to fill the lower section between the baselines on both sides?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login