Death, taxes, and this board littered with emotional hot takes after a loss.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I would have thought you had been around here long enough to know this is not the place to come to look on the bright side of things and expect us to be giving out atta boys and player of the game trophies but I guess I was wrong. I was hoping to hear Leach gave one of his fat little girlfriend speeches post game myself because that performance last night deserved one

Reactions: aTotal360

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Just because it happens elsewhere doesn't mean it should happen here.
That's some 17ed reasoning.

It's quite pathetic to see people that have college degrees, are successful in business, and successful in life go full child tantrum and show the world their emotional immaturity after a loss.

"Other fanbases do it too though!"

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

It's quite pathetic to see people that have college degrees, are successful in business, and successful in life go full child tantrum and show the world their emotional immaturity after a loss.

Fan is short for fanatic. Some people get overly emotional about sports. It’s just part of it.

olblue

Mar 11, 2018

Its also pathetic that an educated adult would enter into almost every non-sports thread on this board with the same narrative, but that doesn’t stop you from doing it.

Do you really think that just because you’ve shared with us that it shouldn’t happen here that it will immediately stop?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Its also pathetic that an educated adult would enter into almost every non-sports thread on this board with the same narrative, but that doesn’t stop you from doing it.

Do you really think that just because you’ve shared with us that it shouldn’t happen here that it will immediately stop?
Anthony Anderson Reaction GIF by ABC Network

Thumbs Down

Sep 29, 2022

New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
If we want to overcome our obvious shortcomings as a football program, having a unified fanbase that doesn't constantly trash the program would be a solid first step. So glfr isn't wrong here.

Trash away all you want, but when competent people are in place, in really doesn't help anything. If you can't see that Leach is in the vein of Mullen rather than Croom/Moorhead, well.......I guess you're olblue.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

You seem like the type that likes participant trophies and awards. Everyone is a winner and at least we tried.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
If we want to overcome our obvious shortcomings as a football program, having a unified fanbase that doesn't constantly trash the program would be a solid first step. So glfr isn't wrong here.

Trash away all you want, but when competent people are in place, in really doesn't help anything. If you can't see that Leach is in the vein of Mullen rather than Croom/Moorhead, well.......I guess you're olblue.
Silly me, I thought the way to get better as a football program is to beat the teams you're expected to beat.

Don't blame the fans. They're the paying customers (at least the ones who are buying tickets and donating). There must be accountability. The fanbase will unify when there's something to unify around. We've seen that before.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Silly me, I thought the way to get better as a football program is to beat the teams you're expected to beat.

Don't blame the fans. They're the paying customers (at least the ones who are buying tickets and donating). There must be accountability. The fanbase will unify when there's something to unify around. We've seen that before.
Yes, silly you. You didn’t realize that in the 2022 offseason Tennessee fans just came together and started singing kumbaya? Their success has nothing to do with having the right coach, it was about them coming together as a fan base and agreeing that the university is flawless and they should not question such men of upmost integrity.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

Probably not in same vein as croom or Moorhead but yet to be proven here that he is as good as Mullen here. You expect 8-9 wins by year 4 if he is in the same vein. We will see. The facts are we looked like crap this weekend and looked just like we did against lsu second half and most of 2020. Looks like we took a step back against a beatable team. If you want the team to have success you don't want games like that. If you want to get to 8-9 win seasons you can't look like you lost all progress. It's not that we lost it's that the offense looked completely inept again and the defense had the ball shoved down their throat. Stop being a *****.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

citizen kane applause GIF

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008

How would having a "unified fanbase" have stopped us Saturday night from being dominated in every statistical category?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
How would having a "unified fanbase" have stopped us Saturday night from being dominated in every statistical category?
It doesn't happen overnight. But over time, it shows recruits that we have a good football culture and ultimately we sign better players. I don't expect the mouth-breathers to understand the long game.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
It doesn't happen overnight. But over time, it shows recruits that we have a good football culture and ultimately we sign better players. I don't expect the mouth-breathers to understand the long game.
Showing that this coaching staff doesn't squander opportunities for wins, doesn't tolerate inconsistent effort, and demonstrates game after game and season after season improvement will do a whole lot more for showing recruits that we have a good football culture than anything the fans say or do.

Most recruits watching us play and considering MSU would tell you the same thing.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007

1666017372572.png

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Don't expect sn idiot like goat to understand that a fan base doesn't have an affect on road games. Our fans definitely caused us to not be able to tackle or load the box. Our fans definitely missed blocks and couldn't check to a run or find the open receiver. Our fans definitely caused us to sign a qb that's not mobile enough to run or hire coach that would encourage that if there was open field. Our fans definitely recruited the qb that doesn't have the arm talent to launch the ball over the second level over the top to make people respect that. Our fans definitely throw for 3 yards when we need 8-10. Yep all on the fans. Damn, I didn't know I could get out there and do all that now

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
"Well it was between Auburn and MSU. But ultimately it came down to the fact that MSU message boards are super unified. So that's why I chose MSU."
General attitude of the fanbase matters. Not talking about this particular message board, Mr. Deep Thinker.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008

See.. there's your problem, right there. Expecting to beat KY at KY this year. They actually have a decent team and will win their home games other than the last one against JawwJaaahh.

1666019793522.png

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
See.. there's your problem, right there. Expecting to beat KY at KY this year. They actually have a decent team and will win their home games other than the last one against JawwJaaahh.

View attachment 248062
Kentucky has a solid team and good coaching. And we should have won the game. All of those things can be true.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003

View attachment 248062
And they should have beaten Ole Miss. They aren't a bad team.

I think people were blinded by the 2 game losing streak and losing to South Carolina (even without Levis). I still thought Kentucky was pretty one dimensional Saturday and that's what makes it disappointing. And again, we only had given up 13 points to start the 4th quarter. If you told me that before the game, sign me up. The most disappointing thing from the game was our offensive ineptitude. We scored 10 points.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Fan is short for fanatic. Some people get overly emotional about sports. It’s just part of it.
I have used that phrase more than a few times in the last couple years of coaching to explain to my kids why I dont give a 17 that some parents are complaining in the moment at a HS volleyball game.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
And they should have beaten Ole Miss. They aren't a bad team.

I think people were blinded by the 2 game losing streak and losing to South Carolina (even without Levis). I still thought Kentucky was pretty one dimensional Saturday and that's what makes it disappointing. And again, we only had given up 13 points to start the 4th quarter. If you told me that before the game, sign me up. The most disappointing thing from the game was our offensive ineptitude. We scored 10 points.
I thought before the season and still think LSU was more winnable than KY. Stoops has a pretty good program going and given time Kelly will build a monster .

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Yes, silly you. You didn’t realize that in the 2022 offseason Tennessee fans just came together and started singing kumbaya? Their success has nothing to do with having the right coach, it was about them coming together as a fan base and agreeing that the university is flawless and they should not question such men of upmost integrity.
You do realize the Tennessee coach came from the Mike Leach coaching tree?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Why would I have a different narrative/thought depending on the OT thread if the overall topic is the same? That would mean my views are inconsistent...hardly something that anyone should strive for.

I do not think the childish outbursts demanding Leach be fired will stop just because I pointed out how its pathetic to see. Though I dont think behavior will change with the snap of a finger, I also dont think it should just be indefinitely accepted without any comment. Further, I have found that this basic level of thinking isnt limited to the coach of a football team. This dumbassedry flows out into life too, so pointing it out is worthwhile.

Maybe you should ask the adults who throw tantrums if they really think that just because they have shared their impulsive and shortsighted opinion with the group, do they think it will immediately happen.

Last edited:

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You seem like the type that likes participant trophies and awards. Everyone is a winner and at least we tried.

Why would I seem like that? I played competitive sports growing up, still do, and coach a HS sport as well as club sport where expectations consistently push the athletes to improve both on and off the court.
Its a really big leap to take me saying people who call for Leach to be fired after each loss are moody little tantrum throwing children and turn that into me wanting everyone to have a participation trophy.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Why would I have a different narrative/thought depending on the OT thread if the overall topic is the same? That would mean my views are inconsistent...hardly something that anyone should strive for.

I do not think the childish outbursts demanding Leach be fired will stop just because I pointed out how its pathetic to see. Though I dont think behavior will change with the snap of a finger, I also dont think it should just be indefinitely accepted without any comment. Further, I have found that this basic level of thinking isnt limited to the coach of a football team. This dumbassedry flows out into life too, so pointing it out is worthwhile.

Maybe you should ask the adults who throw tantrums if they really think that just because they have shared their impulsive and shortsighted opinion with the group, do they think it will immediately happen.
I think there are very few people saying leach should be fired. I think most people are sayin. Laying eggs in year three where should be competitive in every game and are favored to win shouldn't be accepted and is horseshit. But that's also leaches mo that he's gonna get out coached and his teams will be completely checked out a couple games a year if not more. His qb that he relies so much on completely shats the bed and his system requires the qb to be almost perfect every game. Rather than being a team offense.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login