Degrees from MSU?

GulfDawg

May 15, 2021
Currently 4: Me, My Dad, one sister, brother in law and I have a niece and nephew currently enrolled. My wife, mother, other sister and brother in law are all Buzzards. My son is 10 and all maroon, hopefully he will be a MSU grad one day.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Immediate family: just me
1st cousin: 1
Other cousins: only 1 that I am sure of

ETA: My mother went to summer school here but graduated from the W.

Last edited:

Dog88

Oct 8, 2023
8 MSU degrees: My dad and both of his brothers (my uncles), myself and my brother, and all 3 of my kids (youngest kid just finished this past December). 3 generations of MSU alumni and counting.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2009
  • 2 - Both my children are State Alumni, but I stopped short of a degree by 18 hours. Wife has MUW degree in Nursing, for one not available at State in early 90s.
  • 3 - One brother, his wife, and one of his two children are State alumni.
  • Parents and 2 other brothers attended school in S. Louisiana for various lengths. Oddly enough, My father supported State beginning in Bob Tyler era.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Me 3 years, 0 degrees
Son 6 years, 2 degrees
while those 3 yrs didn't get me a diploma with my name on it they did help get a Patent with my name on it.

HeCannotGo

Feb 23, 2011
--Father (attended; Engineering)
--Me (Banking and Finance)
--Sister (education)
--Sister (communication)
--Wife (marketing)
--Father-in-law (business); and no, he doesn't wash his hair in my sink
--Sister-in-law (attended before transferring to USM)
--Daughter (accounting)
--Daughter (communication)
--Son-in-law (electrical engineering)

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
Q for the pack:

How many degrees you have from MSU in your family?

Come next year, every member of my household will have at least one or more from Bachelor's to PhD.
One, me. I’m the first person in my linear family to graduate college. I have aunts/uncles/cousins with college degrees, but of my parents, grandparents, etc, I am the only one. Hopefully my two kids can add to the total in 15-18 years.

Reactions: eckie1

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
My uncle was living in Old Main when it burned down - 1

His daughter and her kids all have degrees (husband is a lifelong fan but went to a smaller school I think) - 3

Me and a brother - 2

My HS son wants to go but is worried about out of state tuition. I told him to just let it all play out and we’ll choose the best option when we get there.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Immediate family:
Me 2
My sister 1

We each have a degree from other universities.

Her three sons attended college out of state and two have degrees.

My father attended MSU but left after his freshman year to serve in World War II and then later went juco.

His father was a Southern Miss graduate.

My mother attended a private college and a juco.

Muttley

Aug 22, 2012
My wife has 2, my oldest son has one, my brother has one, several nieces and nephews have one (or more). I never went to college since I already knew everything when I graduated high school, but I've been a dawg since the early 70s.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login