Deion making sure he gets off on the right foot with the Buffs..

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
I found the whole press conference on YouTube. One thing I found interesting...

About 5 minutes in, Deion is talking about the changes that are coming with his tenure as head coach. One thing he mentioned was that there will be no more hats in the meeting rooms (about 50% of the team was wearing a hat in this meeting). After he said that, only one guy in the back of the room removed his had.

Doesn't look like they're too bought in to Coach Prime either...

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
I found the whole press conference on YouTube. One thing I found interesting...

About 5 minutes in, Deion is talking about the changes that are coming with his tenure as head coach. One thing he mentioned was that there will be no more hats in the meeting rooms (about 50% of the team was wearing a hat in this meeting). After he said that, only one guy in the back of the room removed his had.

Doesn't look like they're too bought in to Coach Prime either...
The hat moment was it. Prime noticed they weren't picking up what he was laying down, and he went all 17-all- y'all on them. It's his job and his right. That's why you hire him.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Dude on the front row w/ green hat looks like he's already thinking about leaving, he has an Oh Schitt look on his face

Reactions: ServiceDogg

UncleChuck

Aug 6, 2021
The hat moment was it. Prime noticed they weren't picking up what he was laying down, and he went all 17-all- y'all on them. It's his job and his right. That's why you hire him.
I get the idea and would not say I am against the "way you do anything is the way you do everything" mentality. I think that's how you have to do it at the college level....

...but Prime is wearing a hat himself in the meeting where he tells his players no hats.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I’m hoping his son sucks to see how he handles it.

That was my big question with him coaching his children.
Man those 2 QB's that were there need to go into the portal. That's why Deion flew up there so quickly after the game last weekend. To set the tone and tell the D2 players to get gone.

Problem is that I doubt Colorado will be able to get the $$$$$ needed to get several good players. Like JSU, he will get a few hoping it creates momentum but he needs to embrace the "3-4 year plan". Just getting them to a bowl game next year will be a monumental task.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
My wife is a Colorado grad, so I very loosely follow their team. They were atrocious last year and have largely been really bad for the last 10 years. McIntire had one good year in there, I think.

But I just don't see how Deion is going to make it work. Yea... he'll get a handful of top end talent to go there. But you need 50+ DUDES to be competitive in big boy football. You can't take 30 losers and 20 studs and make that team good. He needed to recruit that room a little bit and it felt to me like he was running everyone off.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Man those 2 QB's that were there need to go into the portal. That's why Deion flew up there so quickly after the game last weekend. To set the tone and tell the D2 players to get gone.

Problem is that I doubt Colorado will be able to get the $$$$$ needed to get several good players. Like JSU, he will get a few hoping it creates momentum but he needs to embrace the "3-4 year plan". Just getting them to a bowl game next year will be a monumental task.
That's not a great tone to set.

"You guys are done. " "I'm bringing my guys with me and you have no chance to compete". "Don't wear hats LIKE I AM as I say this!"

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
My wife is a Colorado grad, so I very loosely follow their team. They were atrocious last year and have largely been really bad for the last 10 years. McIntire had one good year in there, I think.

But I just don't see how Deion is going to make it work. Yea... he'll get a handful of top end talent to go there. But you need 50+ DUDES to be competitive in big boy football. You can't take 30 losers and 20 studs and make that team good. He needed to recruit that room a little bit and it felt to me like he was running everyone off.

They will get on the NIL train. There are some wealthy Buffs, just need to get them to pay up.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Not a bad strategy inheriting a 1-11 team and having access to the portal. Blow it up. That's why you were hired.
Exactly… definitely a harsh message but they may have been the worst power 5 team this year. Reality is Deion probably does not want most of the players.

I do have a problem with him anointing his son starting QB right off the bat though. Just dumb.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I watched a video where he was telling his JSU team that he was leaving. Prime's an odd bird. In that he was wearing a track suit. Here he has a pocket square. Find the middle ground, man.

Now, I'm not a college age athlete, but I'd have a hard time taking him seriously in either of these scenarios.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
They will get on the NIL train. There are some wealthy Buffs, just need to get them to pay up.

Deion will perform as well as the NIL and assistant coaching checkbooks allow him to. Time will will. I hope he's successful.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
As soon as the realization of the lack of talent gap happens, people will likely be ready to move on from Sanders as a coach.

I think that's the big thing I'm seeing. You can get a handful of FBS-capable studs and out-talent pretty much everyone in the SWAC and MEAC.

Harder to do that in the Pac-12, even a weakened version of the Pac-12, much less the FBS world at-large.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
I think that's the big thing I'm seeing. You can get a handful of FBS-capable studs and out-talent pretty much everyone in the SWAC and MEAC.

Harder to do that in the Pac-12, even a weakened version of the Pac-12, much less the FBS world at-large.
I think I counted 25-30 players on his current JSU roster that came from FBS schools. It’s just not the same.

Jul 5, 2020
I'm really excited to see him out here. CU has never been a big football school, even during the McCartney era. The cupboard is absolutely bare, but with NIL, I think he'll be able to bring in enough players to win 3-5 next year and then build in a much weaker PAC12. CU fans are fair-weather even in the best times, but there is a national fanbase that cares and will contribute more than is expected. I don't know if he can coach, but if he can, then he can win games in this PAC12.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Don't be surprised if he has the 4th talented roster in the Pac12 by the start of next season

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
Deion is a smart enough guy and in my opinion really good at communicating with young athletes. Listen to his speech when he left JSU. I couldn’t think of a better way to say it than he did. He was a stud of a player and has the same same mindset now. I have a feeling he said my way or the highway to those losers at CU because he knew there were a large number of portal players already reaching out. He’s not my style, but there is more than one way to skin a cat.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
A source has said 2000 have reached out to Leach. I will not tell you the source.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
So what is the current limit on transfers? Can you still sign an additioanl 7 people? Or did the proposal to make just the 85 man limit the only binding limit actually pass?

If he doesn't have unlimited ability to sign transfers, he can only replace about 32 a year, which is certainly enough to make big time improvements, but I'd want to know who my worst remaining players are before I start telling people to transfer.

patdog

May 28, 2007
He’s going to find out how difficult it is to transfer in to CU with their academic requirements and having no PE major.
I doubt it'll be all that difficult. Now if they weren't football players though.........

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I do have a problem with him anointing his son starting QB right off the bat though. Just dumb.
Sounds like Eddie O and Brent muh fuggin' Shayfuh.

We see how that turned out. This appears similar. Orgeron was a great salesman/recruiter too.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
I'm really excited to see him out here. CU has never been a big football school, even during the McCartney era. The cupboard is absolutely bare, but with NIL, I think he'll be able to bring in enough players to win 3-5 next year and then build in a much weaker PAC12. CU fans are fair-weather even in the best times, but there is a national fanbase that cares and will contribute more than is expected. I don't know if he can coach, but if he can, then he can win games in this PAC12.

You must be young. They were damn good from 89 - 96. Had a Heisman trophy winner in Salaam too.

I'm in Golden, where are Frontranger?

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I doubt it'll be all that difficult. Now if they weren't football players though.........
Actually the sports shows have been talking about it with former coaches. They will have to lower their admission standards. They also stated that Deion got that promise before taking the job.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login