Deion on JSU

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Corruption in Jackson

Surprised Meme GIF

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
It's amazing to me how Jackson keeps slipping under the radar in this deal. I know Deion feels sorry for Jackson and would like to help but anybody that thinks he was going to stay in that hell hole long term was fooling themselves.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

Some people will believe anything. That’s fake as hell.

And if any of it were ever proven to be true, you’ll see Deion resigning shortly from Colorado in the wake of committing perhaps the most egregious NCAA violations in history.

DesertDawg

Feb 13, 2017
Some people will believe anything. That’s fake as hell.

And if any of it were ever proven to be true, you’ll see Deion resigning shortly from Colorado in the wake of committing perhaps the most egregious NCAA violations in history.
I would guess there is some truth wrapped in a lot of embellishment. Doubt we ever really find out.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I would guess there is some truth wrapped in a lot of embellishment. Doubt we ever really find out.

Strongly disagree. If the actual coach is bankrolling hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of facilities improvements and lavish meals / benefits for players at a public institution, literally anyone could find that out quite easily.

DesertDawg

Feb 13, 2017
Strongly disagree. If the actual coach is bankrolling hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of facilities improvements and lavish meals / benefits for players at a public institution, literally anyone could find that out quite easily.
But does anyone really care enough to pursue it? That is the question. With absolutely zero actual knowledge my guess is he asked some of his friends to chip in to make all those improvements. Not actually his money but his contacts based on helping to improve a HBCU.

Reactions: onewoof

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
But does anyone really care enough to pursue it? That is the question. With absolutely zero actual knowledge my guess is he asked some of his friends to chip in to make all those improvements. Not actually his money but his contacts based on helping to improve a HBCU.

If his friends contributed, that’s a different story altogether. But its still quite illegal if he was not using official JSU funds to provide meals and other benefits for players.

As far as anyone caring to pursue it, it would be quite the national news story if an NFL hall of famer turned upstart college coach was committing major violations in order to gain a recruiting advantage to help propel his career up the ladder that much faster. So if there is anything to it, someone will find it. And since JSU is a public institution, they’d be required to turn over financial records for funding sources on major projects and day to day operations.

Reactions: DesertDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login