DHS scandal update

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
Good for Shad. It's been pretty obvious that certain circles (the governor's crew) have been trying to damage him through word of mouth since this whole thing started.
[FONT=&quot]
“We should be on the same side – the side of the taxpayers, trying to find the misspending that happened at DHS and all the people responsible,” White wrote to Anderson in April of 2020 during heated negotiations about the forensic audit proposal. “In my view, you are either for an audit that will reveal those things, like the audit we have proposed, or you are not. Your proposal as it stands would waste taxpayer money and not reach the issues that need to be reached.”

[/FONT]

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
This is really amazing stuff. Good for Anna Wolfe and MS Today. And of course today's stuff should be major vindication for Shad.

I predict full throated attacks on both Shad and "liberals" as a result of all this.

“To be completely honest — this is a half-hearted attempt to complete a forensic audit that has completely erased our input,” wrote Stephanie Palmertree, financial and compliance audit director for the state auditor’s office who headed up much of its MDHS probe. “And seeing how MDHS is defending the clearly fabricated contract procurements that they have completed, I’m not sure I would trust the current staff to choose an independent auditor. This is a PR attempt at making MDHS look like they did all they could.”

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
I know several of the career people in OSA. Some good folks who work hard, have integrity and are serious about their responsibilities. Stephanie is one of those folks, among others. I do get tired of Shad's incessant PR trumpeting but it looks like he may be the white hat on this one.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I know several of the career people in OSA. Some good folks who work hard, have integrity and are serious about their responsibilities. Stephanie is one of those folks, among others. I do get tired of Shad's incessant PR trumpeting but it looks like he may be the white hat on this one.

I wouldn't say he is the white hat. I would say it looks like his incentives probably lined up more with doing the right thing in this case. The really interesting thing to me is that Shad apparently felt confident that whatever came out of this would be damning. The career people would likely have pushed back regardless, but I don't think he would have supported them if he didn't think he would have a kill shot against anybody interested in limiting the audit.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
Tater Tot and a bunch of other high ranking politicos are starting to get nervous. The first audit was simply a CYA move for the dept of DHS and it also covered a lot of high end politicos butts because it did not go into any great detail at what the indicted individuals actually did with the money and whether or not any of those already indited made any political contributions and to who. This is why Tater Tot doesn't want this audit to get "political" because he and a bunch of others probably got money from these crooks. This is going to get real interesting when a full competent audit is completed.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I know several of them too. And Stephanie is definitely one I would not want coming after my ***. They do a good job with limited financial resources.

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
I wouldn't say he is the white hat. I would say it looks like his incentives probably lined up more with doing the right thing in this case. The really interesting thing to me is that Shad apparently felt confident that whatever came out of this would be damning. The career people would likely have pushed back regardless, but I don't think he would have supported them if he didn't think he would have a kill shot against anybody interested in limiting the audit.

It's pretty rare to see such haymakers land so cleanly in situations like this, but this is about as clean a lick as could be had to the chin of the Reeves/Bryant/Supertalk faction. And the timing of Pigott's firing makes you wonder if they knew week before last that this was coming out. Firing him today would have been next to impossible.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Tater Tot and a bunch of other high ranking politicos are starting to get nervous. The first audit was simply a CYA move for the dept of DHS and it also covered a lot of high end politicos butts because it did not go into any great detail at what the indicted individuals actually did with the money and whether or not any of those already indited made any political contributions and to who. This is why Tater Tot doesn't want this audit to get "political" because he and a bunch of others probably got money from these crooks. This is going to get real interesting when a full competent audit is completed.

Not Tater's first misstep with welfare money. He also got caught up in the LaCoste deal. MS has been throwing welfare money to political supporters awhile now. It's embarrassing.

Misfit

Oct 21, 2018
I'm with you on Bob Anderson. His actions since he took that appointment have me mystified, because I had always thought of him as a real stand-up guy.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login