Did anybody catch Larry Templeton on Finebaum this afternoon?

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
He had some really interesting points to make about haha just kidding who the hell would want to listen to that crotchety self-important old fool talk about anything for even five seconds?
It was truly terrible television. And the same old BS from Lonnie. He's a legend in his own mind.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
He had some really interesting points to make about haha just kidding who the hell would want to listen to that crotchety self-important old fool talk about anything for even five seconds?

It was truly terrible television. And the same old BS from Lonnie. He's a legend in his own mind.

Is the fact there’s a thread on here about him 15 years after his “retirement” proof that he is in fact a legend? **

(Not a Capital L Legend though)

Reactions: 17itdawg

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I guess I was watching an alternate universe Finebaum because the Larry Templeton Troughs that I watched just talked about Mike Slives funeral the whole time.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
It proves they needed to fill about a 25 minute time slot with someone that would talk and talk, slowly.
Academy Awards Film GIF by CBS

Reactions: onewoof

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Yeah. So he had CZA, president Kenum, both basketball coaches and Larry. One of those is not any similar to the others.

Reactions: onewoof

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Is there any other program that has an ad, the fanbase greatly dislikes but the sec continues to prop up? I just don’t understand why sec network continues to have him on

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
Is there any other program that has an ad, the fanbase greatly dislikes but the sec continues to prop up? I just don’t understand why sec network continues to have him on

I can't think of any but it reminded me of a bunch of congressmen who it seems 90% of the country hate but they keep on winning elections somehow. It's good to be connected I guess.

Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
It wasn’t that bad. He brings a good perspective (in hindsight).
No he doesn't. He attempted to claim the 80s were better than today. That's as wrong as he can be. He'd rather be broke and selling games than have a big athletic dept and budget, because it was "simpler times". Damn old man logic. He set is back as much as any one person in our history.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
I can't hear the name Larry Templeton and not think of pi$$ing in large enamel troughs with ice in them to "flush" them as the ice melted because the water pipes were so old, rusted, and broken. Another of the reasons he can say he kept us in the black which translated means "dark ages"
Yep, expanding our program 30 years ago would have been awesome. You know what they say, the best time to start planting a tree is 20 years ago, the second best time is yesterday.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
No he doesn't. He attempted to claim the 80s were better than today. That's as wrong as he can be. He'd rather be broke and selling games than have a big athletic dept and budget, because it was "simpler times". Damn old man logic. He set is back as much as any one person in our history.
It is the same mentality that permeates some city governments like Columbus, MS. They call it "controlled growth" but it is really "I don't want any change because I may lose control". Larry had his list of donors and he catered to them. He was comfortable hanging out with the money folks and looking down his nose at everyone else that attended or donated. Thank goodness we Foglesong took care of that problem.

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012
Thing is, we didn't have **** compared to the other SEC programs before the TV money started rolling in. At this point, we have enough to be competitive even if we still don't have as much donor money coming in (NIL notwithstanding).

I think Templeton did pretty well in the 80's and early 90's, but by the time Croom came in the industry had passed him by. I think he just stuck around too long before we made a change.

I'm glad Folgelsong was here to pull the trigger. Even if it did cost us all our daffodils.

Old Fart Dawg

Sep 2, 2012
I can't hear the name Larry Templeton and not think of pi$$ing in large enamel troughs with ice in them to "flush" them as the ice melted because the water pipes were so old, rusted, and broken. Another of the reasons he can say he kept us in the black which translated means "dark ages
I made the mistake of wearing flip flops to a game.

Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
Oh yeah, I was gonna give it a listen. But, then I just carried on with my life

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
I can't hear the name Larry Templeton and not think of pi$$ing in large enamel troughs with ice in them to "flush" them as the ice melted because the water pipes were so old, rusted, and broken. Another of the reasons he can say he kept us in the black which translated means "dark ages"
Thank you for answering about a 40 years old question that I had. As a little kid, I always wondered why I was peeing on ice. I can finally sleep at night now.

Reactions: Old Fart Dawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login