Did You Give Up When Rogers Fumbled?

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Danny Brown Wtf GIF by DANNY'S HOUSE

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
I told my wife that if state loses this game, Will Rogers will go down in history as the most reviled player at state. I told her that his confederate family roots will forever be blamed by conspiracy asshats as the reason he threw the game.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I told my wife that if state loses this game, Will Rogers will go down in history as the most reviled player at state. I told her that his confederate family roots will forever be blamed by conspiracy asshats as the reason he threw the game.
And those asshats would be correct.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
After the fumble they recovered in the third I left the family and started listening on the radio. I eventually went back in the 4th and finished it up on TV

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I immediately started to think back on what our most disappointing loss has been in football in the last fifty years and IMO this game was about to take the damn cake.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
Give up? No. I expected our defense to hold up (but I did think, "if we lose, this will be the most Miss St way to lose ever.")

Reactions: Fang1

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
That is not the STATE way. Keep the faith.
I didn't give up; however, if you've watched MSU football long enough, you are a liar if you *didn't* think "Uh-oh, I've seen this movie before"

Here's the thing, this year's team rarely instilled confidence in me that they could close out a game in a consistent fashion. Successful programs close out games, especially the ones that are close. Look at Alabama this year - easily could be 6-5 instead of 9-2. That is the difference between consistently winning and ".500 for life"

Last edited:
Reactions: ThreeDawgNight

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
No, the eight point lead had me feeling fairly confident with how State had been playing in the red zone. I thought we could get a stop or have a better chance in OT.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Nah. I actually just figured the universe corrected itself for them getting hosed on that inadvertent whistle. I figured we’d pull it out.

Aug 22, 2012
I immediately started to think back on what our most disappointing loss has been in football in the last fifty years and IMO this game was about to take the damn cake.
I agree. What looked like a comfortable win, ensued mass chaos. OT would’ve gone their way IMO. They had all the momentum. I would’ve ranked this loss up there with the “Immaculate Deflection” had it gone that way.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I was pissed when it happened but the way it played out in the end was really good. It was great seeing the bears fans get hopeful only to have it ripped out of their hands by great D Line play. I am glad it ended the way it did. To me it just made their loss and our win better.

Reactions: msstatelp1

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
No. It is typical MSU to run a play you have NEVER run before in a situation like that. If you pound it into the line 2 more times there all you do is eat up more clock. More than likely you score the TD but a field goal with less time is just as good.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Nah. I trusted our defense. Was surprised OM converted the two 4th downs on their last drive. Thought we’d clamp down eventually, which we technically did on the 2 point play.

Reactions: Emma’s Dad
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login