Did you know: Mississippi State hasn't won in Columbia, SC in 25 years?

Sep 4, 2012
Make the hard decisions/right adjustments or forfeit the HC position. I’m not demanding that he start Mike Wright or even that he has to win the game. But if we see a rerun of LSU then Arnett will have demonstrated he doesn’t have what it takes to be the CEO of a football team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: STATEgrad04

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Reading the tea leaves, I’d say Wright will play the vast majority of the game.

patdog

May 28, 2007
He'll be our coach for at least 2 years, for better or worse. I hope he figures out a way to fix our problems.

Sep 4, 2012
Maybe. But the fact that Will Rogers held a players-only meeting makes me think otherwise. Wouldn’t surprise me if Arnett was the one who told him to do it.

Either way, the best player should start. No more blind loyalty. Had enough of that inexplicable BS under Mullen.

Sep 4, 2012
He'll be our coach for at least 2 years, for better or worse. I hope he figures out a way to fix our problems.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
I don't think this is remotely true. We can walk away from him more easily than any coach we've had before.

We should be sending out feelers to Trent Dilfer at UAB. That guy wants to be in the SEC and he's got a Prime-like pedigree.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Make the hard decisions/right adjustments or forfeit the HC position. I’m not demanding that he start Mike Wright or even that he has to win the game. But if we see a rerun of LSU then Arnett will have demonstrated he doesn’t have what it takes to be the CEO of a football team.
LOL

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
I don't think this is remotely true. We can walk away from him more easily than any coach we've had before.

We should be sending out feelers to Trent Dilfer at UAB. That guy wants to be in the SEC and he's got a Prime-like pedigree.
The coach of UAB who is 1-2 and given up 41 and 49 the last 2 weeks to Ga Southern and ULaLa? You really are as dumb as most of your posts

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
If we were to go 0-8 in sec this year that should be enough to fire him… at least I hope

patdog

May 28, 2007

We could. But we won’t. And Trent Dilfer??? Really??

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Maybe. But the fact that Will Rogers held a players-only meeting makes me think otherwise. Wouldn’t surprise me if Arnett was the one who told him to do it.

Either way, the best player should start. No more blind loyalty. Had enough of that inexplicable BS under Mullen.
You think Mike Wright is gonna make sure all of the offensive lineman know who to block on each play?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I knew it was only a matter of time before some idiot suggested that we try and recreate Prime.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Just reading between the lines on some Comments being made. I think Wright will play most of the game.

Its similar to when a MLB teams broadcasters turn on the manager, they are only doing that because the word has come down he is going be fired.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
What a time to be alive. Comparing the legacy and impact of Deion Sanders to Trent Dilfer.
Dilfer is in his first year of coaching college football and he's not playing HBCU's with D-I recruits.

Get back to me in half a decade and let's see how each of them are doing.

Reactions: blitz2Win

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Dilfer is in his first year of coaching college football and he's not playing HBCU's with D-I recruits.

Get back to me in half a decade and let's see how each of them are doing.
Did you catch deion in the presser where he was asked about Hanks progress, and he had no idea who Hank was ? That is his starting center.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022

May I ask what tea leaves you’ve been reading? Because I fully expect Rogers and Wright to be used how they were the last two weeks until we see otherwise.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022

Hell to da naw
Hell to da naw naw
Hell to da naw naw naw
Hellllll naw!

Sep 4, 2012
Below is what Arnett said about Wright’s LSU performance. Based on my reading, sounds like Wright will play a package or two:
"Mike did a nice job. That last touchdown. we called an RPO...they overloaded pressure, he was able to pull it, get around pressure and dump it to Harmon for a walk-in touchdown. I'm sure there's some missed execution on their end. When he got his opportunities, he was good. That's the kind of guy Mike is. We're gonna do whatever it takes to win, so we'll always have a package for Mike."

• Haha
Reactions: Ranchdawg

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I hope Wright plays more:
  1. It could give our offense a spark.
  2. It will prove or disprove the idea that the solution is as simple as benching Rogers. I'm skeptical. Facing elite SEC defenses without elite talent around you is hard.

Indndawg

Nov 16, 2005
I can't see it. I think JoMo and Croom taught the powers it will very evident whether a coach is gonna work or not.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I can't see it. I think JoMo and Croom taught the powers it will very evident whether a coach is gonna work or not.

It’s also the fact that the circumstances of the Arnett hire were some of the most unique in the history of the SEC.

1. Hired because the coach died
2. Hired days before signing day
3. Hired by a partially retired interim AD (plus Keenum, but still)

If there’s ever a situation where you can justify a quick change if necessary, it’s this one. Selmon was still at Oklahoma when all of this went down. This is his first AD gig and it’s in the SEC, he may not want to hitch his future to a super inexperienced coach he didn’t hire.

Reactions: Dawg84 and Yeti

Chris4USC

Joined Dec 6, 2017
Jan 17, 2022
That's an interesting stat Clark. I'm starting to wonder if our mighty bulldogs will even score a point in Saturday's football game. Just sort of feels like we're about to be cold-cocked, so to speak.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
“Never get into an offense that takes too long to get out”- Georgia Tech, probably.

Reactions: Dawgzilla2
Sep 4, 2012
That's an interesting stat Clark. I'm starting to wonder if our mighty bulldogs will even score a point in Saturday's football game. Just sort of feels like we're about to be cold-cocked, so to speak.
This whole thing is an epic troll. Hats off. Unfortunately for you, however, we’re immune to this kind of sh*t. To be a State fan is to be trolled by God, and you ain’t gonna outdo Him.

See: 1941

Reactions: Chris4USC
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login