Diesel Fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
There is a huge political shift going on right now. Seems Americans like cheap food and cheap gas more than windmills and solar panels.
Makes sense, they prefer potato chips and McRibs to real food too. And Ivermectin to real medicine.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
About half the people in this country are getting what they asked for, good and hard. Just sucks that the pain falls so disproportionately on the lower and middle income people, including the ones that weren't stupid enough to ask for this.
Yeah, they are. It's called corporate control.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Makes sense, they prefer potato chips and McRibs to real food too. And Ivermectin to real medicine.
Unfortunately, that is about all they can afford now. Use to be able to go to Dickies now you have to go to Mickey D's.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
The enlightened don’t eat potato chips, huh?
Nah, some do. But the enlightened realize it's probably not good for them, and don't aspire to have decisions made for them by those that insist the loudest that ackshually greasy chips are good for you, just like Ivermectin.

patdog

May 28, 2007
About half the people in this country are getting what they asked for, good and hard. Just sucks that the pain falls so disproportionately on the lower and middle income people, including the ones that weren't stupid enough to ask for this.
Wait. We’re going to have to sacrifice to go totally green in 20 years? No one ever told me that.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Nah, some do. But the enlightened realize it's probably not good for them, and don't aspire to have decisions made for them by those that insist the loudest that ackshually greasy chips are good for you, just like Ivermectin.

Fast And Furious Snacks GIF by The Fast Saga
Sign Language Asl GIF by Sign with Robert
snacks chips GIF

Tortilla Chips GIF by Salsarita's Fresh Mexican Grill

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
United States is 4% of the world. This going green thing is happening because the world says so. It’s not about our govt but the world. China built more EVs in one year than the US has since the beginning of time. Norway will not allow a combustible engine to be sold in its country after next year.

China is also building new refineries. They can do that because they don’t have to make it profitable or pay back a loan to a bank. They will be prepared if this EV thing does not work out. We have Free market and no bank is investing in a new refinery. The world is telling you they don’t want your product, you ain’t getting long term financing.

Japan is focusing on hybrids.

Energy is all around us, solar, wind, ocean waves, even getting carbon dioxide from the air and converting it to fuel is being done.
I have no doubt that fossil fuels will be replaced but this transition is going to get tough.
I looked into getting an EV but I don’t think it will work for me. I have to drive too far at the drop of a hat. I would consider a hybrid if it saved me money.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Just one thing needed to solve all our economical problems......Get back to total energy independence. Trump handed a golden economy to Biden and Biden dumped it. I was paying $1.80 per gallon for gas in Dec. 2020 under Trump. The rest is history. The U.S. has between 100-200 years worth of oil in the ground that we currently know about. And there's a lot more that hasn't been explored/discovered. Natural gas is even better. We could solve Europe's energy crisis this winter if we'd just turn it loose.......but Biden won't do it. His Green Energy minions control him. Maybe next Tuesday, the American people can remind him who's in control. I sure hope we do.

Oct 7, 2022
On the farm in the 70s/80s there was a move to vehicles/equipment running off propane. This may have been a reaction to the gas shortages of the 70s? It obviously never caught on in a big way. I still have a 70s chevy truck under the shed that ran on propane.
Yes sir. That continued into the mid 80s on our farm. Obviously price being the driver.

Flat tire? Just hook up the hose from your propane tank and fill it up. Convenient as ****, dangerous as hell. Lucky we didn’t have a disas

I don’t know how old desoto is, he may remember those days.

But….yes…..natural gas vehicles are very doable, dependable, and abundant as far as supply. I don’t know enough about the “safety” of natural gas vs petro. Of course the cursory look says it’s dangerous as hell. More volatile. Sorry. I didn’t major in chemistry.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Just one thing needed to solve all our economical problems......Get back to total energy independence. Trump handed a golden economy to Biden and Biden dumped it. I was paying $1.80 per gallon for gas in Dec. 2020 under Trump. The rest is history. The U.S. has between 100-200 years worth of oil in the ground that we currently know about. And there's a lot more that hasn't been explored/discovered. Natural gas is even better. We could solve Europe's energy crisis this winter if we'd just turn it loose.......but Biden won't do it. His Green Energy minions control him. Maybe next Tuesday, the American people can remind him who's in control. I sure hope we do.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
And that record production had been forecast to happen so it’s not something surprising (at least not to me). Our problem is refining capacity and also the US doesn’t really produce the best oil for diesel and gas production.

Reactions: ckDOG

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
If I am not mistaken, the last major major refinery was built in the US in 1976. A small one came online in the Dakota’s a year or two ago.Government regulations make it virtually impossible to build a new one. Also Biden’s CAFE - Corporate Average Fuel Economy regulations will require new Biofuel Blending regulations that is estimated to use up to 40% of our corn crop to produce ethanol/Biofuels.

dawgoneyall

Nov 11, 2007
Ivermectin is real medicine.

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
Exxon doesn’t need a bank loan to build a refinery…but they heard the message loud and clear from the government no more fossil fuels so why would they or any other company put money into a refinery? EV has a place but so does fossil fuel.
And Boom Boom while you go get your “real food”at Whole Foods or the farmers market remember it was grown with a tractor using diesel, greased with petroleum products and brought to you by a truck powered by diesel and driven by a guy who eats chips and loves a McRib

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Exxon doesn’t need a bank loan to build a refinery…but they heard the message loud and clear from the government no more fossil fuels so why would they or any other company put money into a refinery? EV has a place but so does fossil fuel.
And Boom Boom while you go get your “real food”at Whole Foods or the farmers market remember it was grown with a tractor using diesel, greased with petroleum products and brought to you by a truck powered by diesel and driven by a guy who eats chips and loves a McRib
If he calls groceries from Whole Foods real food then he’s as nutty with pseudoscience as the ivermectin crowd.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Why is this? Just economy slowing?
A big issue is the strikes at the ports and ocean liners sitting in the ocean that can’t dock. Not sure if the strikes are still going, but over the summer it was brutal for containers.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
A big issue is the strikes at the ports and ocean liners sitting in the ocean that can’t dock. Not sure if the strikes are still going, but over the summer it was brutal for containers.
Ocean freight (container) prices have been coming down dramatically. But yes you had a combination of covid/labor/strike issues that have for the most part been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login