Dillon Johnson

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I promise I’d rather go there than Fort Irwin/29 Palms. I’d go back to Iraq before Fort Irwin.
I spent a lot of time at 29 Palms. That's where we went for Combine Combat Exercise. All Marine ground units goes there every other year if not deployed. There is a lot of stress because you have live fire from Artillery and Air in front of you. I was a Scout Observer and my artillery call for fire had to be on. Easily get someone killed but it got you ready for real combat. What is crazy is at night you can't wait until day because it is so cold and when the sun gets up high you can't wait until dark because it is so hot. Then at night if you turn your light on you see 1000's of tarantellas spiders. Really freaky.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
He’s had a broken bone in his foot since like November. He plays RB and gets hit a lot. They get hurt. You’re more likely to pick up other injuries when you’re already playing on injuries- and he is no exception (hurt his knee in semifinal, high ankle sprain on first play in final). He’s not asking for your sympathy. He’s just playing through it and wants to win. He’s had nagging injuries throughout college- it is what it is. He’s a damn good back and someone you want on your team.

He’ll never prove he’s “tough enough” for some of you. It wouldn’t matter if he ran in a burning house and saved three babies and got burned over 50% of his body. Yall would still be tougher because someone once kicked you in the nuts in boot camp and then you had to run three miles. And we don’t care because we all know that. And we also don’t care what your toughest moment in life was and how you would compare it to just what you see on a TV. Anyone with eyes and a modicum of common sense can figure out what happened between he and Leach at this point. I’d rather you just man up and admit he hurt your feelings.

Last edited:

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Not sure what other RBs Washington had behind DJ but playing him hurt appeared to be a liability to me. He couldn't move very well. Was only a shell of himself from watching him in previous games.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
I'm now at an age where I can wake up with a sprained ankle because I had the audacity to walk on it yesterday.

Life just keeps coming after ya...
:ROFLMAO: I played rugby from the late 70's thru the early 90's. At various times I played with a broken thumb, a dislocated shoulder, a micro-fractured rib, cauliflower ear, shin splints, sprained ankles that required heavy taping, broken noses and countless other injuries I've long since forgotten.

I used to pride myself on "toughing it out". But recently, now in my 60's I have what appears to be osteoarthritis, particularly in my right hip-joint and I *****, cuss, moan & damn near cry every time I get up after sitting or lying down for any period of time. Getting old sucks!

Reactions: Ranchdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login