Dillon Johnson

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I feel pretty sure Coach is sitting in heaven looking down at all of us and telling St Peter " man Pete, a know I thought these guys were tougher than that. Soft as charmin"

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
I just continue to have problems rationalizing a society that chooses to follow someone on Twitter who is probably less than half their age and then gets upset when they don't agree with that person. What is it that you were expecting to get out of that situation?

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Seems to me the best solution for Dillon and all those involved would be to simply put the phone down and not pick it up for the next 24 hours. This is true of most people these days sadly. The best advice I ever got on social media was a guy telling me think about what you want to post, and then wait one hour to post it. If you still remember what you wanted to say or post after that hour then it must have been something important, if not it didn't really matter anyway.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Nothing wrong with what he said, and he probably felt the need to clarify because of how his last announcement went.

He got a lot of hate for it (understandably), and got even more when Coach went to the hospital- had some terrible comments sent his way, which is not understandable. People telling him he may have caused the distress, etc.

At the end of the day- it’s a kid wanting to play in a system that he feels gives him the best chance to go pro (whether we feel like that is attainable or not). He got mad and made a poor decision to publicize it. It does not mean he hated Coach or wished him ill, which is what he wants people to know. I’m sure he feels awful about how they left things.
Damn they blamed DJ? I guess that is to be expected from people online these days but it’s still 17ing pathetic!

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
Damn they blamed DJ? I guess that is to be expected from people online these days but it’s still 17ing pathetic!
I saw one or two messages on his page saying that. There’s no telling what messages he’s received- the sheer volume they get is insane. He probably got thousands of messages about his transfer message and is probably still getting them. And y’all know what people say when they’re anonymous. I don’t care what you may think, it’s not deserved.

I was treating a kid being recruited by all of the big national programs one time and was asking him about the fans on social media, etc. He showed me his phone and I was just blown away- this was during recruitment before he signed anywhere. Thousands from fans that DAY, probably fifty or more from coaches. He said during recruiting the coaches talk to you ALL day and they expect you to do the same. It’s very intense.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
One of these days, I will post about my anger, but not today. It may even be a year or more before I think it's appropriate to express my anger, but it's not against DJ. Leave the guy alone.

Nathan Hail

May 23, 2022
Already tweeting this morning about how they had “different opinions”. Talking about how they had “disagreements”. Talking about how they didn’t “see eye to eye”. GEEZ guys, Is there any way we can get this man to shut his mouth? If I was another coach, I wouldn’t touch him with a 10ft pole.
"different opinions"? ya think? some kid who's only in college to play football vs a 61 year old who had a large hand in the progression of offensive football and also happens to have a jd from a solid school. yeah, i could see why they might have "different opinions". good grief.

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
I don’t see anything wrong with anything stated from anyone, I choose wether to look at it or not. I understand there are limits in public spaces. I worked with a guy in baseball that had a sailor mouth around women, children and old men, and I didn’t try to shut him up, but at the same time I’ve always had more respect for women, children and my elders than that so we had discussions afterwards about it….others in that industry I didn’t even try with, haha. Guess we were brought up different. I’m just thankful the PC culture and victimhood culture has just about run their course. I was really looking forward to coach Leach coaching once the PC culture was over, he almost made it, but someone had other plans for the man. Can’t wait to watch him coach in that stadium in the sky when I get there!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login