discuss amongst yourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

archdog

Aug 22, 2012
To add to what you said which I agree with: How would a low scoring school district ever find a qualified superintendent with those rules imposed? Too much "teaching to the test" goes on now. The kids learn what they need to pass the test and 3 months later they have forgotten it. The whole system needs to be revamped in my personal opinion. Let's quit forcing round pegs through square holes!

We have too many school districts in MS in my humble opinion. Consolidation would save the state tons of money on administrations and allow the teachers to get pay raises.

Aren't supers paid by local funds? How would that save any State money?

archdog

Aug 22, 2012
First, there should only be one mandatory standardized test given in odd number of grades.
Second, School districts should consolidate until it makes sense. Group counties together until they get to roughly the size of Desoto County's attendance. It is not that difficult. The problem is, most populated areas do not want to send their dollars out of town for the rural folks to benefit.

Third, and I cannot stress this enough, the state needs to meet their education funding requirements by law. That means yes, raising state taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login